Memphis Police beating suspect

Ok, so I understand that. I also know that alot of poor kids who had a tough upbringing where the military is the best thing that ever happened to them. I'd even say for alot of kids who are constantly in trouple in high school, the really should consider going to the military and getting away from their circumstances here. The military grows people up in a hurry. I'd actully like to see legislation where at risk teens are offered a military out as opposed to jail time. I think that would really reduce repeat offenders.
Now to your first point, what has happened in the last 10 years that would make anyone consider police work? You are treated like crap by degennerates, you have little recourse to bust heads when needed. The media questions everything the police does, even "good" shootings. And now everyone wants body cams. Imagine your workplace having a camera record everything you do???
As I've said in many, many of these cases, I'll side with the police about 99% of the time in their actions. To go through the academy, put in all the time and effort of keeping the peace and all the crap you deal with, "normal" people would not do this work.
Being a cop is a horrible job because the pay is marginal at best, it is dangerous, you are put in extremely difficult positions and to your point, the bad ones tarnish the profession in a very visible way because they cost innocent people their lives.

Being a cop is a horrible job because the pay is marginal at best, it is dangerous, you are put in extremely difficult positions and to your point, the bad ones tarnish the profession in a very visible way because they cost innocent people their lives.
And even with all that said, the bad cops are fractions of a percent and get all the attention.

And even with all that said, the bad cops are fractions of a percent and get all the attention.
Minority but not a fraction of a percent. 99.5% of cops are not good cops any more than 99.5% of any profession are good. That is just silly.

That money is not just going to Federal infrastructure. Let's just see what's left in this country if every major city collapses. You would not have to because you would already be totally F'ed.
The 47% of federal employees that have been WFH are headed in to the office again. Good times.

I hope every one of these a-holes that voted Demoron gets car-jacked.

That breitbart article was already posted. I read it and considered its content relative to its author.
even newsweek has a story about it, yahoo does too, NY post has several stories about it, washington examiner does too....

Minority but not a fraction of a percent. 99.5% of cops are not good cops any more than 99.5% of any profession are good. That is just silly.
Alright, dont call 911 if you have an emergency if that's what you truly believe. I'm interestrd in what organizations you have been involved with. Maybe the ones you were a part of were failures, and youre too conceited to believe you were wrong?

I was not being selective. Nobody excluded certain criminal violations. I was speaking about all criminal acts. I will use another example. You have repeatedly called illegal immigrants criminals. I have absolutely no doubt that the overwhelming majority of the asylum seekers in 2022 did not want to cross that border illegally. They are generally law abiding people just looking to leave a terrible situation for a better one. The made a judgement that breaking the law, while not what they wanted to do, was worth it to them because of the potential outcome. They cared but just not enough to keep them from doing it. If given as legal alternative that was reasonably available, they would have rather taken that path.
Why dont you ask the criminal next time you decide not to call 911 because you believe peace officers to be ineffective. "Are you robbing me at gunpoint because you are only a law abiding citizen seeking to leave a terrible situation, or are you just someone who doesn't care to break the law?"

I'm sure the criminal will be honest and tell you he/she is a law abiding citizen just trying to get out of a terrible situation by robbing you. I'm sure you'll be just fine if that's the response while he/she speeds out of your driveway with your car and the money and credit cards in your wallet. Remember, there's no sense in reporting this to law enforcement since they're ineffective at their job, so just let it be.

All the cops I know enjoy their jobs despite the less than great pay and the bad apples that make the news which is a tiny amount of the cops nationwide. They do get sick of people like you that always complain about bad policing while overlooking the 99% of positive policing that happens every day.

Reactions: y2h
Alright, dont call 911 if you have an emergency if that's what you truly believe. I'm interestrd in what organizations you have been involved with. Maybe the ones you were a part of were failures, and youre too conceited to believe you were wrong?
First, I ran sales organizations for tech companies for 20+ years. They ranged from a team of 8 to an organization of over 300. I did my fair share of forced stack rankings and annual reviews of performance. More recently, I have run a staffing (since sold) and a recruiting business where I work with dozens of companies helping them build out their sales organizations which includes replacing their employees who suck. I am unaware of any organization at any reasonable scale, whose employees are all good at their job. My experince is that 10-20% are not good.

Why dont you ask the criminal next time you decide not to call 911 because you believe peace officers to be ineffective. "Are you robbing me at gunpoint because you are only a law abiding citizen seeking to leave a terrible situation, or are you just someone who doesn't care to break the law?"

I'm sure the criminal will be honest and tell you he/she is a law abiding citizen just trying to get out of a terrible situation by robbing you. I'm sure you'll be just fine if that's the response while he/she speeds out of your driveway with your car and the money and credit cards in your wallet. Remember, there's no sense in reporting this to law enforcement since they're ineffective at their job, so just let it be.
I have no idea what you are talking about. It has zero to do with what is being discussed. I never said all police are ineffective at their jobs. You are just making that up. The Nashville officers obviously were incapable of their job.

All the cops I know enjoy their jobs despite the less than great pay and the bad apples that make the news which is a tiny amount of the cops nationwide. They do get sick of people like you that always complain about bad policing while overlooking the 99% of positive policing that happens every day.
99% of policing is not positive. Just because a citizen is not murdered does not mean that an officer is effective at his job. Are 99% of all teachers good? What is it that makes police 99% awesome and not teachers?

99% of policing is not positive. Just because a citizen is not murdered does not mean that an officer is effective at his job. Are 99% of all teachers good? What is it that makes police 99% awesome and not teachers?
So the threshold of good policing is someone dying or not? Of course that isn't what I said. Policing is more than just cuffing and stuffing people or writing tickets. Almost all interactions with police are positive. Maybe not 99% but nowhere near your 20% sucks number.

And yes, I think most teachers are good. Where the problem lies in education can usually be connected back to piss poor parenting.

So the threshold of good policing is someone dying or not? Of course that isn't what I said. Policing is more than just cuffing and stuffing people or writing tickets. Almost all interactions with police are positive. Maybe not 99% but nowhere near your 20% sucks number.

And yes, I think most teachers are good. Where the problem lies in education can usually be connected back to piss poor parenting.
That is my exact point. Policing is about a lot of things and the complexity of it makes it more difficult to be great. I stand by my 20% are not good just like I stand behind 20% of teachers are not good. Use your own experince. I went to school for 24 years and had two kids graduating from college. I have personally witnessed the 20% who are not good at their jobs.

First, I ran sales organizations for tech companies for 20+ years. They ranged from a team of 8 to an organization of over 300. I did my fair share of forced stack rankings and annual reviews of performance. More recently, I have run a staffing (since sold) and a recruiting business where I work with dozens of companies helping them build out their sales organizations which includes replacing their employees who suck. I am unaware of any organization at any reasonable scale, whose employees are all good at their job. My experince is that 10-20% are not good.
Not good at their job, and doing criminal acts are two completely different things. I agree with your assessment of the work force. Many are there for a paycheck and will the minimum. Biggest issue i see now is that is such a big part of the work force that employers have no leverage. And before you go off about wages, that has nothing to do with it. People need to inherently WANT to do a good job, and get satisfaction from things other than what they make. Now every person has their breaking point and if someone is entrenched in a position, and feels like they are not valued, then they eventually leave.
I'd say people get into police work know exactly what they are signing up for, and they are people who want to help. Yes, some get overboard with some authority, but SOMEONE has to keep order. I don't have a problem with a cop beating heads if people simply don't get in line. We've allowed so many to act like fools they don't know any better.

That is my exact point. Policing is about a lot of things and the complexity of it makes it more difficult to be great. I stand by my 20% are not good just like I stand behind 20% of teachers are not good. Use your own experince. I went to school for 24 years and had two kids graduating from college. I have personally witnessed the 20% who are not good at their jobs.
24 years of schooling! Guessing you are either a Neurosurgeon or you were held back?

I don't have a problem with a cop beating heads if people simply don't get in line. You are treated like crap by degennerates, you have little recourse to bust heads when needed.
That's a problematic attitude. The situation that started this thread, did not need any heads beaten or busted.

We have also allowed people to get all upset and make it a bigger outrage to take a knee in protest/ to draw attention to police brutality, than it is for the police to beat someone to death.