Biden administration weighs nationwide ban on gas stoves

Pizzzes me off when the government makes healthcare decisions for women.

Killing the innocent unborn is not a healthcare decision; it is more like a lifestyle decision.

And believing that the renaming of abortion to 'reproductive rights' somehow lessens the atrocity is a sign of mental illness; it is an evil perpetuated by leftist politicians.

No that’s not how it works or we all would be still riding horses to work. The government needs to be a partner with the private sector and invest. It’s ECON 101, you must have flunked out or not graduated 8th grade.
That's right. All 8th graders pass college freshman level classes, dope.

Come on man! The goal SHOULD be alternative clean abundant energy. Not one Democrat I know wants to eliminate fossil fuel before we find a good alternative. We are in a transition period and most people who don’t listen to the ULTRA fake news understand this.
We will NEVER produce enough electricity for all our energy needs.

Reactions: y2h
18CE71A3-F054-4E40-BE65-BAEF4D0F54F3.jpeg

Induction cooking is more efficient than gas stoves. 15-20 years from now, that will likely be the standard for most kitchens.

Technology evolves - gas stoves (as well as electric) will likely be archaic ways of cooking in a couple decades, just like coal ovens.
Sometimes I’ll be burning steaks over a cherrywood fire if I want. It’s none of your business how anyone else cooks, and you insane control freaks can go screw yourselves.

Induction cooking is more efficient than gas stoves. 15-20 years from now, that will likely be the standard for most kitchens.

Technology evolves - gas stoves (as well as electric) will likely be archaic ways of cooking in a couple decades, just like coal ovens.
You haze the meat into cooking itself?

Leftists aren't authoritarians.

They would never try to control your life.

And I'm glad we have a non-leftist leftist like CatAlum to defend this proposed ban and tell us why it isn't an expression of leftist authoritarianism, as well as tell us why we are over-reacting. Because I was inclined to see it as another act of leftist authoritarianism and not see how that was an over-reaction. Without his guidance, I wouldn't be able to get his seal of moderate approval - and that could potentially ruin my life.

If not for CatAlum, as much of the grace of God, there go I.
Because some specific government regulation is good, no specific government regulation can be bad. Me thinks he wasn't required to take logic as an undergrad, nor in law school.

At what point did I defend this proposed ban?

I'm tired of these "one sized fits all" simpleton comments. Government should stay out of my life! Government has no role in banning lead in paint, lead in gasoline, asbestos in insulation, DDT in insecticides. I'm a big market guy; but there is a role for regulation.

Is this good regulation? I have no F-ing clue. And neither do you or your nitwit followers. Can we discuss it at that level of collective ignorance instead of this platitudinous nonsense?
Speaking of ignorance, banning DDT was one of the dumber things we did. Millions of children have died because of it.

Pizzzes me off when the government makes healthcare decisions for women.
Im shocked that you are just another emasculated feminized male that is so concerned for women’s healthcare. Because murdering an unborn baby is “healthcare”.

Lack of self-awareness daily update:

Never have so many unimpressive people over-estimated how impressive they are. Lurch is the poster boy.

Trumka’s stated “safety” concern is not that gas stoves are unsafe because they remain hot (and can, therefore, cause burns) for quite some time after being turned off – that’s a problem unique to electric range tops – but that they can create indoor air pollution, which can lead to asthma, especially in children.

The Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t see it that way. “Gas stoves (and gas fireplace inserts) do not require EPA certification,” says the EPA. “Whether designed to burn natural gas or propane, they burn very cleanly, emitting very little pollution.”

Nor does the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood, which found “no evidence of an association between the use of gas as a cooking fuel and either asthma symptoms or asthma diagnosis.”

If the CPSC isn’t really concerned about the pollution aspect of cooking with natural gas – and it’s not – what is the agency’s real problem? Simple: natural gas itself, because natural gas is a fossil fuel, and you can’t allow the continued use of fossil fuels if you’re determined to shift everything to electricity. Yes, that’s right, the bureaucracy of the CPSC, better known for annually blowing up mannequins before the Fourth of July to warn the public of the dangers of improper use of fireworks, has entered its bid to join the Green Army.

The move against gas stoves is only the most recent Biden Administration move against natural gas. A month ago, the Energy Department proposed banning federal buildings from using fossil fuels.

Trumka’s stated “safety” concern is not that gas stoves are unsafe because they remain hot (and can, therefore, cause burns) for quite some time after being turned off – that’s a problem unique to electric range tops – but that they can create indoor air pollution, which can lead to asthma, especially in children.

The Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t see it that way. “Gas stoves (and gas fireplace inserts) do not require EPA certification,” says the EPA. “Whether designed to burn natural gas or propane, they burn very cleanly, emitting very little pollution.”

Nor does the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood, which found “no evidence of an association between the use of gas as a cooking fuel and either asthma symptoms or asthma diagnosis.”

If the CPSC isn’t really concerned about the pollution aspect of cooking with natural gas – and it’s not – what is the agency’s real problem? Simple: natural gas itself, because natural gas is a fossil fuel, and you can’t allow the continued use of fossil fuels if you’re determined to shift everything to electricity. Yes, that’s right, the bureaucracy of the CPSC, better known for annually blowing up mannequins before the Fourth of July to warn the public of the dangers of improper use of fireworks, has entered its bid to join the Green Army.

The move against gas stoves is only the most recent Biden Administration move against natural gas. A month ago, the Energy Department proposed banning federal buildings from using fossil fuels.

Leftists are corrupt LIARS

Lack of self-awareness daily update:

Never have so many unimpressive people over-estimated how impressive they are. Lurch is the poster boy.
Kerry slipped a truth-bomb in there. It's about "money, money, money". Those taxpayers aren't going to open their wallets by themselves.

Extra-terrestrial? Sounds like he's prepping us earthlings to become children of the Sun, instead of the children of the Son. Maybe sooner than we think.

Last edited:

The Campaign to Ban Gas Stoves​

Biden and the media deny it exists, but the effort is calculated and well-funded.​

WSJ
By Kimberley A. Strassel
Jan. 26, 2023 6:32 pm ET

Don’t believe for a second Consumer Product Safety Commission member Richard Trumka Jr.’s slippery claim that they aren’t coming for your stove. Or the media narrative that Republicans are “hyping” a new “culture war” by “pretending” the Biden administration intends to ban gas stoves.

The reason gas stoves are in the news is simple: There is a coordinated, calculated—and well-funded—strategy to kill them off. It’s the joint enterprise of extremely powerful climate groups, working with Biden administration officials who have publicly stated their aim to eliminate all “combustion appliances” in homes. Only after the GOP called them out did anyone pretend otherwise.

Some of this is being exposed in letters sent this week by Senate Commerce Committee ranking member Ted Cruz to CPSC commissioners demanding more information. The letters highlight the primary groups behind this push. One is the Climate Imperative Foundation, which became an overnight green powerhouse and reported more receipts in 2021 than the League of Conservation Voters or the Sierra Club. A board member and funder is Kleiner Perkins billionaire John Doerr, whose climate action plan calls for getting rid of gas cooking. CIF’s executive director, Bruce Nilles, has made the end of gas stoves an imperative, writingin 2019: “Your gas stove has to go.” CIF has granted money to the Rocky Mountain Institute, which has long advocated “retrofitting” existing homes to be “all electric.”

Then there’s Rewiring America, “the leading electrification nonprofit, focused on electrifying our homes, businesses and communities.” And New York University’s Institute for Policy Integrity, which last year called on the CPSC to enact a gas-stove ban.

The stated goal of all these group is killing gas to “save” the planet. Yet they also know Americans won’t give up their stoves in the name of climate. So several years ago this cabal hit on the idea of contradicting decades of science and ginning up hokey studies claiming gas stoves present a “health risk.” The twin goals: scare Americans and give government a pretext to ban gas cooking.

This is how you end up with climate outfits masquerading as health experts. One frequently cited study from the Rocky Mountain Institute—claiming to find a link between gas stoves and childhood asthma—was co-authored by two RMI staffers, neither of whom has a science degree. Another favorite study by New York University’s Institute for Policy Integrity claims gas stoves cause “dangerous levels of indoor air pollution.” It was written by two lawyers, and it cites . . . the RMI study. Ah, science.

Then there’s the paid research. The November edition of the “independent” magazine Consumer Reports was devoted to the “Hidden Health Hazards in Your Home” and explained that its research found an “alarming concern” with levels of nitrogen dioxide from gas stoves. (It also featured a four-page tribute to induction cooktops, the left’s expensive alternative to gas.) Tucked at the end of the article online was an editor’s note: “This project was funded in part with a grant from the Climate Imperative Foundation.” CIF’s 2021 tax filings show a $375,000 donation to Consumer Reports specifically for research on gas stoves.

The Biden administration is close to these groups and has wholly appropriated their “health” line. It’s been open about using those claims to get rid of gas stoves—following state and local bans. The White House last month held an “electrification summit,” which featured a panel on getting gas out of homes. Nearly every guest (including a representative from Rewiring America) stated the “health” harm of gas stoves as accepted fact, and Trisha Miller of the White House’s Climate Policy Office described the need to “eliminate emissions” by getting rid of all “combustion appliances” in houses (including your washer, dryer and furnace). The electrification agenda is being carried out through the Department of Energy’s Better Climate Challenge, which lists Rewiring America and RMI as “allies.”

This ground laying and coordination is the backdrop for the Trumka explosion. Around the time of the Consumer Reports story—and in the runup to the Electrification Summit—Mr. Trumka circulated a memo titled “NPR Proposing Ban on Gas Stoves (Indoor Air Quality).” (NPR is an acronym for notice of proposed rulemaking.) The Cruz letter says the memo cites the Consumer Reports and NYU studies among reasons Mr. Trumka concludes there is “sufficient information” now to forbid Americans from purchasing new gas stoves. While the Trumka proposal failed, the CPSC initiated a “request for information”—a first step toward a ban.

Only after Bloomberg exposed some of this did the ensuing public furor cause the CPSC and White House to run for cover. But make no mistake: A ban is the plan. Arati Prabhakar, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, said at the summit that “if we are going to get to net zero emissions by 2050,” we’ll need electric “cars and buses and home heating and cooking.” The left won’t stop until it has dictated what you drive, where you live, and how you cook.