Consumption tax

Omg republucan party dumber than I ever imagined.Let make poor people and retirees life awful.
tv land speak english GIF by YoungerTV

Yes, because getting rid of the IRS and the billions of tax dollars Americans spend each year on this unnecessary government agency is a bad thing?

Yes, because getting rid of a tax code so complex no one understands it is a bad thing?

Yes, because inflation is caused by the government printing money faster than the growth of the country's economy has anything to do with the premise of the thread?

Yes, because all of the needless time and energy spent on filing taxes every year is a good thing?

I would have thought this would by one idea everyone would support, as it saves tax dollars from the budget each year, costs those who spend more money more in tax revenue each year, and it makes everyone's life simpler.

In what world is this a bad thing?

Yes, because getting rid of the IRS and the billions of tax dollars Americans spend each year on this unnecessary government agency is a bad thing?

Yes, because getting rid of a tax code so complex no one understands it is a bad thing?

Yes, because inflation is caused by the government printing money faster than the growth of the country's economy has anything to do with the premise of the thread?

Yes, because all of the needless time and energy spent on filing taxes every year is a good thing?

I would have thought this would by one idea everyone would support, as it saves tax dollars from the budget each year, costs those who spend more money more in tax revenue each year, and it makes everyone's life simpler.

Retirees don't pay tax or poor people.All about helping rich.

Retirees don't pay tax or poor people.All about helping rich.
Retirees have already been fleeced by the government enough and are getting a pittance of what they paid into "social security" due to gross government mismanagement, and poor people don't currently pay taxes, so how is lowering tax burden and government waste hurting the poor or retirees?

The rich will be paying more in taxes and everyone will pay on luxury items only, not necessary things like groceries.

For instance if a "poor person" purchases a $1000 smart phone, they will be taxed like they should, just like the rich person.

Your post and position make zero sense, as usual.

Last edited:

yes but Brian says that prices will increase on everything...30%..... and then we have to pay the other taxes on top of that.... you are just one of those trump lovers that don't tell the WHOLE story.....

Retirees have already been fleeced by the government enough and are getting a pittance of what they paid into "social security" due to gross government mismanagement, and poor people don't currently pay taxes, so how is lowering tax burden and government waste hurting the poor or retirees?

The rich will be paying more in taxes and everyone will pay on luxury items only, not necessary things like groceries.

For instance if a "poor person" purchases a $1000 smart phone, they will be taxed like they should, just like the rich person.

Your post and position make zero sense, as usual.
Athletes go from 50 percent to like 2 lol.

I'm for a consumption tax if there are no loopholes. You buy stock in a company, you pay a sales tax. You buy a home, you pay a sales tax. You buy a car, you pay a sales tax. You buy a Van Gough painting, you pay a sales tax. Every...Single...Purchase is taxed. No exceptions. Every new item is taxed. Every used item is taxed. Every food item is taxed. Every item purchased by a business to resell is taxed. You buy a ticket from the Browns for a football game, you pay a sales tax. You buy a ticket from a scalper, you pay a sales tax.

Personally, I don't think it is feasible to do it this way because everyone will be screaming for their loophole. That will doom the system.