PAROCHIAL WAYS, IS IT FAIR ???

Yes, I just don't have confidence that it's rules would be very restrictive and don't see that much self-policing.
The main reason Glenville received the 🔨 was because Cleveland Public Schools don’t have the 💰 to fight OHSAA. I wouldn’t be shocked if Glenville is caught again and forfeits the title.

This is exactly why I don't donate to Hoban. I do believe Hoban will be better off trying to fix its reputation and is trying to fix its reputation. They pretty much were the reason the NCL disbanded and formed their own league.

Lets start with two pointers:

(1) Tyrrell is a mirrior image of the head coach from Varsity Blues regarding morals and ethics, as well as the strengh coach. It's easy to find a replacement for a strengh coach because the field is super saturated with excellent strengh coaches out there. Tyrrell is not a good gameday coach and only wins with talent. Maybe he can get another transfer QB worse than the current past 2 and lose another title. The discipline on this Hoban team is worse than a Rotsky or Tedd Ginn Sr team, which is almost impossible to even state on here.

(2) Why donate and invest in these kids and not get a great return (graduation from college is a big example and a great career)? They aren't worth a penny of NIL money or scholarship money. If I invested in them, I'd LOSE money! I invest in dividend growth stocks and mutual funds expecting to get a return. They are a defition of a "yield trap" or "value trap." They look attractive in the beginning and then provide little or no value in the long run. I am referring to the superstars and All Ohio players that were on the title teams and went to big colleges. They are nowhere to be seen! Investing in kids from Eds or Iggy will get you better results in the classroom.

Here are the duds:

(2a) The Poopertype dropped out of college because he was a dud, as well as Crapsteet. They are more enertaining trying to bash Ohio State football because they couldn't compete at an elite level

(2b) The kids keep on transferring around from D1 schools to other D1 schools trying to be somewhere (or even lower schools)

(2c) All of the Portage County kids that Dale Thomas brought to the school were duds. I was hoping to see them do well in college.

What I said years ago validated my point. Why donate to this school when you're not getting a return? Why donate when a "win at all costs" destroys a schools reputation.

I really have hope for the school and there are people in that school doing what they can to fix the reputation that DealMedico, Tyrrell, and the strench coach destroyed. The president and principal are doing a great job and they are bringing in better kids into the school. I'll be really shocked if these transfers keep on coming in to hurt the reputation of the school. I can guarantee they won't be bringing in "duds" who ruined the reptuation of the school within the next 2-3 years.
Finally crawled back out of the folks basement to take a swing at your old school? Let's review your comments:

Hoban will be fine without your "donations". Take a look at the faciiities. State of the Art weight room, golf academy, turf baseball fields, new turf youth fields, updated football facilities and scoreboard.

NCL disbanded. Bene 0-10, NDCL 2-8, Lake catholic 3-7 and Padua 5-5. Worked well for them. Still can't win against weaker competition. Meanwhile Hoban played #1 toughest schedule in D2 and went 14-2.

Varsity Blues? Had to go way back for that one. No, he's not Nick Nolte and he is not thought of that way by most intelligent football minds. 5 titles in 10 years and a couple of runner up's? Winkler is the state director for Ohio strength coaches and came from the Pittsburg Pirates organization before Hoban. Don't have to like the man but judge the results?

Transfers. Who doesn't have them? In todays world kids are jumping everywhere for a better opportunity. Can you blame them? Doesn't always work out but it's there freedom of choice. Schools don't own kids.

you seem to like naming people for effect? DC went to KY, JUCO and Vanderbilt for free? Works in Insurance business and doing well. Calling out kids form Portage County? Duds? That's is pretty bad considering you don't know anything about them other than they are not on sport center? I saw one declared for the draft yesterday, DT who started at Cincy. Dud? I think coach Fickell would beg to differ. 2 others just graduated college and played 4 years, one is now a father and the other pursuing MBA and playing football. 3 others I know are also fathers now and productive members of society. Your Dud comment is an insult and baseless. I am sure you were pulling for them all to do well! Lol.

Bringing in better kids? What does that mean? Elaborate? Transfers = lesser kids? This tells us everything we need to know about DB04. Duds who ruined reputation of school? I guess that's the portage county trash? You seem to like the word "Dud" and it appropriately describes your post.

Finally crawled back out of the folks basement to take a swing at your old school? Let's review your comments:

Hoban will be fine without your "donations". Take a look at the faciiities. State of the Art weight room, golf academy, turf baseball fields, new turf youth fields, updated football facilities and scoreboard.

NCL disbanded. Bene 0-10, NDCL 2-8, Lake catholic 3-7 and Padua 5-5. Worked well for them. Still can't win against weaker competition. Meanwhile Hoban played #1 toughest schedule in D2 and went 14-2.

Varsity Blues? Had to go way back for that one. No, he's not Nick Nolte and he is not thought of that way by most intelligent football minds. 5 titles in 10 years and a couple of runner up's? Winkler is the state director for Ohio strength coaches and came from the Pittsburg Pirates organization before Hoban. Don't have to like the man but judge the results?

Transfers. Who doesn't have them? In todays world kids are jumping everywhere for a better opportunity. Can you blame them? Doesn't always work out but it's there freedom of choice. Schools don't own kids.

you seem to like naming people for effect? DC went to KY, JUCO and Vanderbilt for free? Works in Insurance business and doing well. Calling out kids form Portage County? Duds? That's is pretty bad considering you don't know anything about them other than they are not on sport center? I saw one declared for the draft yesterday, DT who started at Cincy. Dud? I think coach Fickell would beg to differ. 2 others just graduated college and played 4 years, one is now a father and the other pursuing MBA and playing football. 3 others I know are also fathers now and productive members of society. Your Dud comment is an insult and baseless. I am sure you were pulling for them all to do well! Lol.

Bringing in better kids? What does that mean? Elaborate? Transfers = lesser kids? This tells us everything we need to know about DB04. Duds who ruined reputation of school? I guess that's the portage county trash? You seem to like the word "Dud" and it appropriately describes your post.
Things didn’t go go well at Michigan and/or Akron with some of your Portage County kids. Not a shocker due to many people stating, “grades”

Most intelligent football minds? Let’s bring another transfer QB to cost another state title for the kids. He couldn’t win with Mr Ohio and the discipline was worse than a Glenville team! Are they worth scholarship money?

Read my previous posts. If you want to know where I’ve been for a long time post graduation.

Right now, I’ll invest in an Apple Stock like a kid from Ed’s/Iggy and you can invest in a stock from SEARS like the WVU QB transfer. I want results and excellent returns.

It’s easy to find a new strength coach with a strong resume. He was a major part of STVM dropping the series with Hoban with his mouth. He has already embarrassed himself at the 50 and even was on camera running his mouth to HS kids. What a beta male chump!

I’ll be completely honest. The new wave of kids are going to win in the classroom and the field. The credit goes to the current president and TK. It’s nice to have standards and not let football run the school.

Things didn’t go go well at Michigan and/or Akron with some of your Portage County kids. Not a shocker due to many people stating, “grades”

Most intelligent football minds? Let’s bring another transfer QB to cost another state title for the kids. He couldn’t win with Mr Ohio and the discipline was worse than a Glenville team! Are they worth scholarship money?

Read my previous posts. If you want to know where I’ve been for a long time post graduation.

Right now, I’ll invest in an Apple Stock like a kid from Ed’s/Iggy and you can invest in a stock from SEARS like the WVU QB transfer. I want results and excellent returns.

It’s easy to find a new strength coach with a strong resume. He was a major part of STVM dropping the series with Hoban with his mouth. He has already embarrassed himself at the 50 and even was on camera running his mouth to HS kids. What a beta male chump!

I’ll be completely honest. The new wave of kids are going to win in the classroom and the field. The credit goes to the current president and TK. It’s nice to have standards and not let football run the school.
Calling guys duds who received scholarships at any level is crazy. Great achievement to go to school for free even if you never play a snap.

The main reason Glenville received the 🔨 was because Cleveland Public Schools don’t have the 💰 to fight OHSAA. I wouldn’t be shocked if Glenville is caught again and forfeits the title.
My comment had nothing to do with Glenville. It was directed at the rules or lack thereof that might develop in the event of a split.

You seem to reference Glenville an awful lot. When they played SVSM, the folks at SVSM had to ask them leave the field long after the game as Ginn had the kids doing drills after the game as he was unhappy with their performance in a 25-0 win. That sounds like some discipline being instilled there.

The Issue with Hoban is, just a few years back, they criticized their competition regarding recruiting and transfers. Beacon Journal quoted their basketball coach, “ We do things the right way”. Insinuated other schools resorted to questionable or illegal methods to attract athletes.

The reality is they have become a Massillon and a Glenville. Nothing wrong with it, but the Hoban faithful won’t admit it.

Last edited:
The Glenville situation has been going on for many years, but has been accepted, even though there was much objection initially by the other Senate schools. The word was that Mike White, when he was mayor, wanted a powerhouse Senate school in football. And, since he was a Glenville graduate, that was the place. So, city kids with football abilities were transferred into Glenville and they became a powerhouse, getting all of the best talent from the city schools, lots of outside money that the other schools were not getting, and all of the publicity. Many of their players moved on to college ball, so there was a very good structure built in. Coach Ginn was more a father figure and counselor than a football coach, which is why so many love him and owe their success to him. Then Ginn Academy was started in order to establish discipline in academics and life. Many saw it as a football academy, but all reports are that it is doing its job the way it was intended. Now, they won the tournament and all eyes are once again focused on them, but this time with skepticism as to how they got there. If they had never won a championship, no one would care.

Grades??? Who stated what about grades? Specifics please?

Let's see. Kid goes to MI and Kent state for 4 years free. And gets paid over $1000 stipend an month. Do the math. He was paid somewhere around $32,000 plus education and didn't tear his body apart. As was many who you said flopped at playing in college. You can turn on the TV any day and see Hoban grads playing. 2 so called scrubs made all MAC defense, Bauer and Salopek (portage county bum), chip Traynum May start against Ga tomorrow but will certainly play, Daryl Petersen played for Wisconsin night before last, Jabari Taylor (another portage county Bum) started 3 years at Cincy and just declared for draft. Many others still playing and going to college for free so take that crap somewhere else. You have no credibility and only an ax to grind because you hate tyrell.

Go find a strength coach like winkler? He is the state director for HS strength coaches! Worked professionally for the Pirates before coming to Hoban. Those guys are not walking around looking for jobs. St V dropped playing Hoban because of his mouth? What a joke. If that's true then it's not a good look. Camera on the 50? Were you offended? I assume you are talking about first Avon game in 2017? Coaches cussing? Never heard that before in football?? Another joke.

TK has benefited more from football players playing basketball than any coach in the state. Majority of his best players have been From the football team. Why do you think they always start late? Because the football team is still winning into December.

Do to the success of the football team the entire school and student body have benefited across all sports and academics. More diverse school population and winning atmosphere. What a bitter alumni you sound like. Wonder why? Most alumni I know are pretty proud of the schools accomplishments.

It’s neither fair or unfair, it is how the system must operate.

Is it fair that every public school has their team playing together in middle school and in some cases in youth football where they get a jump start on learning the varsity system? Is it fair that every public school team has every player going to school on full scholarship where as the private school player has to pay tuition? Talk about advantages, not to mention facilities advantages… is that fair??

Last edited:
It’s neither fair or unfair, it is how the system must operate.

Is it fair that every public school has their team playing together in middle school and in some cases in youth football where they get a jump start on learning the varsity system? Is it fair that every public school team has every player going to school on full scholarship where as the private school player has to pay tuition? Talk about advantages, not to mention facilities advantages… is that fair??
Who told parochials they couldn't build facilities?

Sure the privates can build athletic facilities but first they have to run a capital campaign which typically takes years. Publics on the other hand will simply pull from general fund and off they go…
Years? So....if it takes years....and if they started their campaign in the 80's....they have their facilities by now, right? What's stopping them?

No transfers at St. Ed’s and check out their G.P.A.’s also.
Every student at St. Eds is a transfer as they have no district. Keep in mind I am speaking about sports specifically. We all know most private organizations out perform tax payer funded entities. He'll, that's the basis of our free enterprise system, and what makes this county great.

now back to this FOOTBALL thread.
We have these power house private teams because they can cherry pick talent and potential from any Public district that the parents are willing to transport. In some cases busses are sent out to make it easier on parents.
No doubt the education is top notch. With inner city districts failing and state vouchers readily available it's created an unfair advantage in athletics (not to mention the thousands of dollars funneled away from public districts).
Open enrollment has not leveled the playing field. I agree a private organization has every right to attract the best for their company/product/purpose. Public entities should strive for the same rights. I guess this is where the line's become blurry. A public school, like Massillon, cannot do the same things without scrutiny. There is where the disparity lies.This is also why many states have separated the two.
By the way, Massillons football team had a 3.5 gpa.

Last edited:
Every student at St. Eds is a transfer as they have no district. Keep in mind I am speaking about sports specifically. We all know most private organizations out perform tax payer funded entities. He'll, that's the basis of our free enterprise system, and what makes this county great.

now back to this FOOTBALL thread.
We have these power house private teams because they can cherry pick talent and potential from any Public district that the parents are willing to transport. In some cases busses are sent out to make it easier on parents.
No doubt the education is top notch. With inner city districts failing and state vouchers readily available it's created an unfair advantage in athletics (not to mention the thousands of dollars funneled away from public districts.
Open enrollment has not leveled the playing field. I agree a private organization has every right to attract the best for their company/product/purpose. Public entities should strive for the same rights. I guess this is where the line's become blurry. A public school, like Massillon, cannot do the same things without scrutiny. There is where the disparity lies.This is also why many states have separated the two.
By the way, Massillons football team had a 3.5 gpa.
I believe public schools have an obligation to provide bus transportation for kids from their district.

For those who don't understand,,,, every student attending a private school ( which has no district boundaries) is technically a transfer, simply because they all come from a public school district.

Last edited:
I attended a Catholic school from grades 1-12. I NEVER spent one second at a public school. How was I a transfer?
You lived in a public school district, so you were a transfer student. That districts alloted state Money was negated by you attending the private institution. This is another reason the voucher program is being contested in court. Prove me wrong...

Last edited:
I attended a Catholic school from grades 1-12. I NEVER spent one second at a public school. How was I a transfer?
Lets start with the geographic boundaries the students come from. How many traditional schools districts does students at your school come from? In the 80's St. Ignatius listed 55 feeder schools, in its football program.

You lived in a public school district, so you were a transfer student. The alloted state Money was negated by you attending the private institution. This is another reason the voucher program is being contested in court. Prove me wrong...
Transfer means to go from one to another. I was never a part of the public school system. The public school system did not own me. There was never any money coming here "for me". I was never there so how could I transfer?
Lets start with the geographic boundaries the students come from. How many traditional schools districts does students at your school come from? In the 80's St. Ignatius listed 55 feeder schools, in its football program.
When I was in school 99.9% of the students in our Catholic school started there in 1st grade. We had a handful come from a grade1-6 Catholic school in a nearby town. Our football competitive balance number this year is 0.

Transfer means to go from one to another. I was never a part of the public school system. The public school system did not own me. There was never any money coming here "for me". I was never there so how could I transfer?

When I was in school 99.9% of the students in our Catholic school started there in 1st grade. We had a handful come from a grade1-6 Catholic school in a nearby town. Our football competitive balance number this year is 0.
You lived in a public district. Your catholic school has no boundaries/district, but your family chose to transfer you to another school. That decision took thousands of dollars away from your home district. So yes, you were a transfer.

Maybe that's the answer 🤔. Competitive Balance should count all private institutions transfers. But that would make for astronomically large disparities and totally uneven playing fields.
Hmm,,,, Either that or maybe do away with public boundaries, but that would really screw up funding. Separation sounds alot easier.

Last edited:
I got it, I got it, unadulterated state wide open enrollment. These private institutions apparently already have the transfer portal.

These private / parochial schools are drawing the best from multiple school districts then TRY to create a perception that their all-start teams come from a traditional school. District Primarily, they KNOW they'' NEVER catch Massillon's records so they have to try and destroy their traditional.

Moeller and Ignatius have faded from the discussion of surpassing those records as others have caught on and now are superior to those programs. As far as competing with the national all-star teams, they no longer even try and compete for a national title as they were soundly defeated in their latest games.

This troll has a one school exception which I'm certain isn't challenging those records either or he'd had tried to draw that false argument into the discussion.

Nah,
More accurate translation,
you will very Selden beat a magnet private school so long as the governing bodies rules blatantly favor them.

Springfield head coach Maurice Douglass points this out succinctly to start this thread....

To which Selden do you refer?

Years? So....if it takes years....and if they started their campaign in the 80's....they have their facilities by now, right? What's stopping them?
What’s stopping them? For starters they don’t get tax payer money to upkeep facilities, Publics do.. The private schools must choose between facilities, staffing, academic enrichment, technology, endowment funds for tuition and finally athletics. Athletic facilities are not and will not be the priority. Educating children will always be the priority. Contrary to popular opinion winning championships are not and will not ever be a priority.

The championships occur because of a proven process of commitment between students, staff, coaches, administration and parents. This my friend is called community alignment. It works in many cases because the connection and commitment are present between all parties involved.

Last edited:
Nah,
More accurate translation,
you will very Selden beat a magnet private school so long as the governing bodies rules blatantly favor them.

Springfield head coach Maurice Douglass points this out succinctly to start this thread....
Every great team doesn’t deserve a state championship. I really feel like that’s what a lot of people think. Coach Douglass and the program he has built attract players from all over the place and not just Springfield City Schools. How can you actually think he is right to criticize the same game he is playing when he is actually just sour that he can’t beat others at his game