GCL Co-Ed Basketball 22/23

Haha So X’s and O’s don’t matter? 2 returning starters another that was first off the bench. The Brown guy from Ross will be the coach at Badin next year. Kreke is a sub .350 coach in the GCL coed for his career. Hall of Famer or not that’s horrible.
What’s his coaching credentials?

Haha So X’s and O’s don’t matter? 2 returning starters another that was first off the bench. The Brown guy from Ross will be the coach at Badin next year. Kreke is a sub .350 coach in the GCL coed for his career. Hall of Famer or not that’s horrible.
I’m not going to criticize the players but this is a 6 win roster. A gcl win will be difficult.

Last edited:
What’s his coaching credentials?
If you're asking about "Brown" he was the varsity assistant at Ross for a few years. His son transferred into Badin this season from Ross and was a pretty good player for them last year ... better football player though I'd say. Think he has 3 or 4 younger sons coming up, also believe that he played D1 college basketball somewhere but not sure where.

Here's the thing about Badin, yes there are some kids in the school that aren't playing that probably should be, and yes they should be better than what they are. Just my "Opinion" but many of there guys aren't "Basketball guys". They're either football or baseball guys who happen to also play basketball ... news flash, you aren't going to win games against GCL type opponents like Alter and CJ who have Gym Rats who are going to be playing college basketball, some at the D1 level. Badin would be good in the SWOC or SWBL for sure, but they're going to get destroyed by schools with that type of talent. My "opinion" again if Badin wants to be legit in basketball (not sure that they do) like they are in football and baseball they'll need to go outside the Badin family to find someone whose going to get some "basketball kids" in the building. Doubt they'll do that though, but it's a place where you could have a good squad with the support and facilities that they now have.

Here's the thing about Badin, yes there are some kids in the school that aren't playing that probably should be, and yes they should be better than what they are. Just my "Opinion" but many of there guys aren't "Basketball guys". They're either football or baseball guys who happen to also play basketball ... news flash, you aren't going to win games against GCL type opponents like Alter and CJ who have Gym Rats who are going to be playing college basketball, some at the D1 level. Badin would be good in the SWOC or SWBL for sure, but they're going to get destroyed by schools with that type of talent. My "opinion" again if Badin wants to be legit in basketball (not sure that they do) like they are in football and baseball they'll need to go outside the Badin family to find someone whose going to get some "basketball kids" in the building. Doubt they'll do that though, but it's a place where you could have a good squad with the support and facilities that they now have.
I made this exact point a year ago. When badin has been good in basketball they have had those guys. I don’t know exactly who has been getting the playing time this season but a big amount of those guys are two/three sport guys which is tremendous for a small school but their main sport is not basketball. Most of the football/basketball guys are only three weeks into the season.

Alter defeats cross town rival Fairmont 56-35
CJ continues their dominance beating Bellbrook 74-32
And Carroll gets their first win 43-37 over Urbana lol

No one is going to bring up the complete whooping Moeller put on Alter Friday?
One of the worst scoring games Alter has had in a while. Moeller dragged out possessions getting the ball to the middle of the zone which killed Alter. My wonder is maybe the kids just wernt up for this one. They’ve been on the road for 2 weeks straight. Last 2 games before friday have been huge rivalry games both were battles. My thought is that they were worn out and you saw it Friday. Shots not falling turnovers etc.

One of the worst scoring games Alter has had in a while. Moeller dragged out possessions getting the ball to the middle of the zone which killed Alter. My wonder is maybe the kids just wernt up for this one. They’ve been on the road for 2 weeks straight. Last 2 games before friday have been huge rivalry games both were battles. My thought is that they were worn out and you saw it Friday. Shots not falling turnovers etc.
I suspect Moe had a height advantage inside. Did that add to it? I was at another game so only saw the final score of this one.

I suspect Moe had a height advantage inside. Did that add to it? I was at another game so only saw the final score of this one.
Size really wasn’t a huge impact. Moeller’s defense was very impressive and they made shots. The one kid that has been ice cold hit 2 3s early that were huge momentum shifters.

Alter greatly misses Conner (Marshall) most particularly at the back of the 2-3 matchup.. Very fluid , but short backcourt. The frontcourt is green. If it progresses, learns to stay on the court, out of foul trouble, the team could be a tough out by tourney time. CJ is the class of the league. Unlike last year they can't hang w D1 teams with heighth. Moeller has it. Fairmont , not.

Kreke’s Badin team set a record for most losses to start a season with a 53-40 loss to Talawanda. 0-7
Can they beat Northwest? Looking at their schedule there are not many chances at a W with the teams left on it.
Why didn’t the LH 6’5 kid play this season? Baseball?

Can they beat Northwest? Looking at their schedule there are not many chances at a W with the teams left on it.
They can... but will they? They could have beat Talawanda also. All the SWOC teams that Badin plays (Ross, Northwest, Edgewood, Talawanda) seem to be pretty comparable.

They should be capable of winning against everyone they play the rest of the year besides Alter, CJ and Elder. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Trust you on that. I don’t follow Springboro. Just going by what they had last year when Badin beat them at Springboro
Not to mention they have 4 more games left with the transfer from Ross and then they won’t have him the remainder of the season. He’s one of their leading scorers.

Not to mention they have 4 more games left with the transfer from Ross and then they won’t have him the remainder of the season. He’s one of their leading scorers
6pts a game shoots under 30% from the field. He’ll be missed but I’d hope they can get that from a combination of kids with the extra minutes

6pts a game shoots under 30% from the field. He’ll be missed but I’d hope they can get that from a combination of kids with the extra minutes
I feel like his numbers are much better than that ... They'll have to rely on the freshman going forward when Brown has to sit the back half. Also the kid from Springboro with the Florida offer I'm personally not all that impressed with, really good young player but if a guy has an offer from a big time school like that it should be very clear from a stat and presence standpoint your impact on the court and personally I'm yet to see that.

The entire team shoots under30% from the field. Less than 25% from three. No offensive rebounding.