OSU @ CKLV December 2-3

Semi Final at one.
149 Sasso has Yaya (NU) Sasso right off the scale makes me nervous.
184 Romero has Hidlay (NCST) Go Romero!

Consolation rd. after.
125 Malik has Ungar (Cornell) again.
141 D'Emilio has Koderhandt (Navy)
165 Kharchla has Wilson (NEB)

Last edited:
One of the few bright spots from the last round yesterday was DD beating Mattin fairly convincingly, but it also looked like Mattin wrestled like he was ready to go home. Speaking of wrestling like you are ready to go home, see Smith & Hoffman's last matches. Injury or sickness may explain Smith, but Hoffman looked like he was wrestling in slow motion taking rogue shots from space without set-ups or creating angles. The UV guy had a better strategy staying solid in position (basically doing nothing) for the rest of the match after his 2-0 lead over Hoffman.
I get that it is still early in the season and sometimes you run into a guy who wrestles the perfect match, but I am just a bit frustrated with our Buckeyes. I also think some of this falls on the coaches like MPhillips alluded to above- know your opponent's tendencies and plan accordingly.

This team looks like a repackaged product from last year because it is, we just added in Mendez and Gallagher who are already injured. Romero/Sasso look to be only AA locks right now.
If you are sick stay home. If you're not sick but injured to a point where you can't compete then I understand sitting. But that makes 40% of the lineup is injured beyond competing 3 weeks into the season with 5 or 6 matches under your belt. Kharchla looked to injure knee again last match and wouldn't surprise if he MFF.
At this point take 4 weeks off and reboot.

I know it's early, but this is a terrible performance by the Buckeyes. The look somewhat unprepared in ways I guess 🤷‍♂️. Early yes, but CKLV is usually a measuring stick of sorts. A 1st by sasso would be the highlight of the tournament, which is not good considering anything less would be a disappointment. I think Romero is going to have his hands full to get a 3rd place finish in one of the more top heavy weights. I know it doesn't mean much, but I can see us falling substantially in the rankings.

Romero loses 4-1. Will wrestle for third. Has the Consi-Semi with King (SDSU) first.

Thanks @Woo

Last edited:
I can't find team scores anywhere. However, I did read that SDSU has a chance to win the title... I didn't see that in anyone's prognostications 😳

I can't find team scores anywhere. However, I did read that SDSU has a chance to win the title... I didn't see that in anyone's prognostications 😳
Team scores seem to be a secret. I didn't see any prognostications either though. 🤷‍♂️

In flo arena, open the event, top right corner says teams and competitors. Scores are in there

D'Emilios last 2 matches, he didnt look good at all. Sucks its so early in the season and the team is so beat up or sick

Mekhi loses to Labs in SV 3-1. Notable.
Labriola earned that one, great match. Nebraska 3/3 in finals.
Sasso wins 7-2 . 149 Champ.

Sammy had a good weekend. Nice to see. Well done.
Performance we've been waiting for. Looked great all weekend. Notable to me in the finals was wrestling all 7 minutes, staying on offense late in the match, and actually taking shots late. Very nice to see.

Kaleb being Kaleb