Glenville

Downtime

So Glenville couldn't win at D2 or D3, so how do they get to D4 with every other cmsd school D1 or D2, and Glenville has there school plus Ginn academy to get players from...sounds really fishy...but we all know a few years ago they were not allowed in the playoffs for cheating...hmmm

I'd imagine their enrollment will tick up as kids look to get into glenville after the season they had

Glenville's CB # is 249 on the OHSAA website. GInn Academy is an all-boys school that has enrollment of 389 but they are from all the Cleveland Public schools, not just Glenville.
Enrollment is 249. Not CB #. That is 0 because Ginn Academy enrollment counts towards that 249. IMO, they should have a CB # attached to that but that is not the case.

So, just so I understand this, the Ginn Academy kids count for Glenville's number but no CB factor is imposed. Correct?

Last I knew, if you go to Ginn Academy, you can only play sports for your “home school.”
I get that but still am not sure why a CB number isn’t applied to any of the kids. It’s structured just like a private school but technically is public with no sports offered.

I believe the Ginn enrollment is not in the Glenville enrollment count. Glitch (in my opinon) in OHSAA rules that would only affect the large school districts that have specialty/alternative/charter schools in the mix. Not exploited by Cleveland Schools as it came into play years after Ginn Academy opened.

Basically the rule appears to be that if you attend an alternative school in the large districts, and they do not have sports, you can play at your "home" school. However in all cases (many kids in many sports fit this category across the 5 largest school districts) that player is not in any enrollment count for the "home"
school.

I would think an additional rule in the CB numbers would help correct that, at least in the sports that utilize CB.

But again, Ginn was certainly not created for this loophole like some people seem to think. The timing of that makes no sense.

So, just so I understand this, the Ginn Academy kids count for Glenville's number but no CB factor is imposed. Correct?
No, students going to Ginn Academy do not count for Glenville's number because Ginn is a seperate public school. However, because the school does not offer football, students at Ginn can play for their "home district" and they do not count towards the # for that school. I guess the CB adjustment for Glenville must be 0 because Ginn does not offer football

Glenville needs to put Mentor, Eds and maybe Ignatius back on their non conference schedule
Those teams generally chose to put Marshall, JFK, or Addams on the schedule. They don’t want Glenville generally.
For 2011 through 2018, those four teams were on their regular season schedules as follows:
  • Glenville eleven times (Eds 7x, Mentor 2x and Ignatius 2x)
  • Adams once (Ignatius in 2011)
  • Marshall/JFK not at all
The Tarblooders, Rebels, Lawyers and Fighting Eagles have not played the Eagles, Cardinals or Wildcats during the regular season since 2018.

Glenville needs to put Mentor, Eds and maybe Ignatius back on their non conference schedule

I mean, why nor?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-171950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221127-171950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20221127-171835_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221127-171835_Samsung Internet.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20221127-171904_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221127-171904_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 54
I’m not sure I get the arguments on here, Glenville has been a legitimate D IV last couple years….. 2021 they did play OCC games against Avon, CHARDON ,and Ursuline in playoffs, lost all three of those games. Sure they are better this year as they were a young team last year, pretty much same players……..?

I will say this I have no hard feelings towards glenville I think for ginn sr it would be a great thing for him to win state title this year
I agree. I have profound respect for Ginn, Sr. Yet the way he is going about it to get his state title is shady. But I guess he found a loophole. OHSAA has always treated the big urban districts different, i.e. transfer rules.