Fentanyl

14Red

Ok since I trust all of you on here and know you are very smart, please educate me on fentanyl. All I hear about fentanyl is that it's lethally dangerous and it mixed in with drugs and kills people .

So it fentanyl a drug? What's it's "good" purpose?

Ok since I trust all of you on here and know you are very smart, please educate me on fentanyl. All I hear about fentanyl is that it's lethally dangerous and it mixed in with drugs and kills people .

I don't think it does have a good purpose. I think it's really just used to kill people.

Anyone?

Wondered the same thing.

Would love to know who fully is behind the flooding of America. I guess it ultimately thins the herd, but too many good people get caught up on drugs and apparently this is an istant killer

I know there was a concern leading up to Halloween that it resembled candy, in particular Smarties.

1668694268767.png

Wondered the same thing.

Would love to know who fully is behind the flooding of America. I guess it ultimately thins the herd, but too many good people get caught up on drugs and apparently this is an istant killer
And that's what I've heard that some forms of cocaine gets fentanyl mixed in with it.
I guess being a non drug user, and I understand addiction, but at what point do we hold the person accountable and not the drug? It's like many focus on the drug that kills them or makes them sick. If YOU put the drug in your system, YOU deal with it. Kind of a simple approach, but I've never, ever had any interest in using drugs.

Originally, fentanyl was developed as a pain management synthetic opioid, similar (although much stronger) to morphine or oxycodone.

Unfortunately, people would get prescribed something like oxycodone for a legitimate pain management reason and then get really addicted to it, so when prescriptions ran out, they would look to try to find something illegally to replace the high that came with those prescription drugs, often heroine or meth. A lot of the fentanyl overdoses occur when those other drugs are laced with fentanyl, not necessarily with the user thinking they're ingesting fentanyl itself.

IMO, the root cause of the addiction problem started with the over-prescribing of narcotics for pain management in recent years.

And that's what I've heard that some forms of cocaine gets fentanyl mixed in with it.
I guess being a non drug user, and I understand addiction, but at what point do we hold the person accountable and not the drug? It's like many focus on the drug that kills them or makes them sick. If YOU put the drug in your system, YOU deal with it. Kind of a simple approach, but I've never, ever had any interest in using drugs.
The drug jumps out of its bottle and ingests itself into an unwitting young american. No chance it could be the personal responsibility of the user. I believe this is how the gun crisis started.

Cancer pain management via fentanyl patch is probably the most common usage I’ve seen—until recently. It’s 50 - 100 times stronger than morphine to give you an idea.

And I've heard that some hospitals and medical facilites have a hard time getting fentanyl sometimes...how can that be if it seems to be out there on the streets.
It’s heavily guarded in facilities. Not sure about the availability now.

I used to know addicts that would dig through trash to find used patches. They would put them in the freezer, and chew em to get what was left. Sad.

It’s heavily guarded in facilities. Not sure about the availability now.

I used to know addicts that would dig through trash to find used patches. They would put them in the freezer, and chew em to get what was left. Sad.
Fentanyl? I thought it was mixed with other drugs and it's not detectible, which makes it so dangerous.

Originally, fentanyl was developed as a pain management synthetic opioid, similar (although much stronger) to morphine or oxycodone.

Unfortunately, people would get prescribed something like oxycodone for a legitimate pain management reason and then get really addicted to it, so when prescriptions ran out, they would look to try to find something illegally to replace the high that came with those prescription drugs, often heroine or meth. A lot of the fentanyl overdoses occur when those other drugs are laced with fentanyl, not necessarily with the user thinking they're ingesting fentanyl itself.

IMO, the root cause of the addiction problem started with the over-prescribing of narcotics for pain management in recent years.
To make heroin is a time consuming labor intensive process. Think of the scene from American Gangster when Frank goes to the jungle and sees scores of villagers harvesting and processing the poppies into smack. Since fentanyl is a synthetic product it is a more controlled and a refined process. Think of the Mexican lab in Breaking Bad with maybe a halfway decent Mexican chemist overseeing a bunch of worker bees just winging it to produce a product that they know is being used by folks who are slowly killing themselves. Quality control is not at the top of their list so the product at best is uneven. So what you have is heroin starting to be priced out of the market and being replaced by cheap fentanyl coming primarily from Mexico.

One of the primary gateways to opioid addiction use to be dental surgery, specifically a procedure many folks commonly have wisdom teeth removal. Dentist didn't want unhappy patients so where they should have prescribed a dose of ibuprofen they instead were told it was ok to use oxy/pecrs/fentanyl and they started to writes these things with a much higher frequency. Most folks were able to stop taking after the dental pain subsided but some had that addiction switch flipped and that is how you get soccer moms hocking jewlery to find a fix.

Fentanyl? I thought it was mixed with other drugs and it's not detectible, which makes it so dangerous.
Correct. On the streets it is mixed or laced with other drugs. In the medical setting, it has a purpose and requires monitoring.

One of the primary gateways to opioid addiction use to be dental surgery, specifically a procedure many folks commonly have wisdom teeth removal. Dentist didn't want unhappy patients so where they should have prescribed a dose of ibuprofen they instead were told it was ok to use oxy/pecrs/fentanyl and they started to writes these things with a much higher frequency. Most folks were able to stop taking after the dental pain subsided but some had that addiction switch flipped and that is how you get soccer moms hocking jewlery to find a fix.
A couple years ago when I had kidney stones, they prescribed me Oxy. After talking to a good friend of mine, a doctor but one that is not practicing now (he's in management) told me to get rid of the pills as soon as I could and just stick to ibuprofen. He said it is so easy to get addicted that even a couple pills could get you hooked.

To make heroin is a time consuming labor intensive process. Think of the scene from American Gangster when Frank goes to the jungle and sees scores of villagers harvesting and processing the poppies into smack. Since fentanyl is a synthetic product it is a more controlled and a refined process. Think of the Mexican lab in Breaking Bad with maybe a halfway decent Mexican chemist overseeing a bunch of worker bees just winging it to produce a product that they know is being used by folks who are slowly killing themselves. Quality control is not at the top of their list so the product at best is uneven. So what you have is heroin starting to be priced out of the market and being replaced by cheap fentanyl coming primarily from Mexico.

Thanks for the info. Although I cannot imagine with the numbers of people who have major dental surgeries and wisdom teeth removed, that the addiction rate for pain killers would have to less than 2% to even consider calling it remotely safe. Addiction switch flipped? Is it that easy? My thought would be that the person can't control their own "want" for the drug. Once you do get to a certain point, you're hooked but I think it's more than a one off. I don't think you get addicted to anything using it a couple of times. Good info!

A couple years ago when I had kidney stones, they prescribed me Oxy. After talking to a good friend of mine, a doctor but one that is not practicing now (he's in management) told me to get rid of the pills as soon as I could and just stick to ibuprofen. He said it is so easy to get addicted that even a couple pills could get you hooked.
So why is Oxy even prescribed anymore? I've heard this same senario over and over as well.

Can some reporter ask Biden while he met with the dude from CHINA for 3 HOURS if he asked about their ROLE in getting this crap into mexico, and then into America.....

Fast forward to 1:03.

Any fentanyl found on the black market is not regulated and therefore the potency is never understood which leads to overdoses and death.

It is still used in the medical industry but of course is regulated and the professionals administering it understand the dosages they are dealing with.

In my world, fentanyl is not used independent of something else. It is added to things (heroin, oxys)…it’s powerful, and cheaper than other drugs. It’s also easily over-dosed by the user or the manufacturer, which is why there are many deaths associated with it. The seller offers heroin…it’s spiked with fentanyl (for profit reasons…the same reason you “cut” cocaine with baby formula, etc.)…the user is typically unaware…maybe doesn’t care. It IS detectable…police labs will find it if mixed in with something else. Complicates life for the criminal…he gets charged with possession of heroin AND possession of fentanyl.

The comment from GCPRO about the user and his being responsible…well, no kidding. Substance addiction has been with us since we crawled out of the slime. Should it be handled morally? Therapeutically? Criminally? A combination? They’ve all been tried here and elsewhere.

We…us…like to get high.

Chemistry and brain function are known functions. Education is the only way to curb drug use. The question is what to do with abusers. It's really complicated. I would terminate all sellers of certain drugs. Heroine sellers would be put to death.