2022 GCYL Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominic was insane in the late 80s early 90s. They had to have gone several years in a row back around that time without losing a game on any level. That’s when they had well over 1000 kids.
1000 kids is an exaggeration. Most grades had 4 classes made up of 25 or so kids in each class (so 100 per grade which is around 800 in the school).

1000 kids is an exaggeration. Most grades had 4 classes made up of 25 or so kids in each class (so 100 per grade which is around 800 in the school).
Sounds like a lot I would agree with the 800 or so. Visitation was at 800 students a few years ago and Ignatius is around 900 currently.

When I was in grade school in the late 80s early 90s I always heard it was over 1000. Could have been exaggerated a bit but they had a ton of kids. Before them wasn’t Williams (70s/early 80s) the really big grade school on the west side?

When I was in grade school in the late 80s early 90s I always heard it was over 1000. Could have been exaggerated a bit but they had a ton of kids. Before them wasn’t Williams (70s/early 80s) the really big grade school on the west side?
In the early 70's Victory had over 1200 grades 3 - 8. Auxiliary classrooms at Mt. St Joe.

In the early 70's Victory had over 1200 grades 3 - 8. Auxiliary classrooms at Mt. St Joe.
Wow had no idea Victory was that big back then. I know they hit right around 800 for about 2-3 years in the late 90’s right before Rapid Run Middle opened.

I think the league at the Varsity level had a lot of parity. All the teams in D1 beat each other and SMOY didn't exactly have a cake walk in D2. They only beat SASEAS 8-6 and SASEAS lost in the finals of the D2 Championship. It is good to see there is a lot of talent spread-out across the city.

QB wise I think the ones that stood out from the westside were Victory and Visi's both Elder guys. The SMOY kid was probably the best one and I would assume Moeller but heard he did visit Elder a few weeks ago. Other than those guys I know know of a few others.

QB wise I think the ones that stood out from the westside were Victory and Visi's both Elder guys. The SMOY kid was probably the best one and I would assume Moeller but heard he did visit Elder a few weeks ago. Other than those guys I know know of a few others.

The SMOY kid shadowed at Elder? I wonder if he had any family connections at Elder?

From a friend’s Facebook. This was at St Joe Coldspring. Not sure who the “Lions” are.
74DF21FC-3A0F-4686-8A74-5F22EC909C18.jpeg

Kind of figured. Martin’s doesn’t have a team on the 6th grade level this year. Is that who St Al’s kids are playing for?
We have two with Martin, several with Lourdes and we have a St. Al's third-grade team with a few from Martin. Mine had been playing with Jude for two years, but the league apparently wants us with the parish family so he playing for OLL. It's been pretty good.

As a side note, our team played at the Cold Spring tournament and it was pretty cool.

We have two with Martin, several with Lourdes and we have a St. Al's third-grade team with a few from Martin. Mine had been playing with Jude for two years, but the league apparently wants us with the parish family so he playing for OLL. It's been pretty good.

As a side note, our team played at the Cold Spring tournament and it was pretty cool.

I enjoy the NKY and East side tournaments much better than the westside ones because you actually play a bunch of different schools. Most of the west side tournaments have the same 4-5 teams you already play twice during the regular season and in every other west side tournament. On our level James, Antoninus and Ignatius both had 6 teams in their tournament and it was the exact same 6 teams that make up the league.

I enjoy the NKY and East side tournaments much better than the westside ones because you actually play a bunch of different schools. Most of the west side tournaments have the same 4-5 teams you already play twice during the regular season and in every other west side tournament. On our level James, Antoninus and Ignatius both had 6 teams in their tournament and it was the exact same 6 teams that make up the league.
Yeah, sixth grade is pretty light on teams, especially in A and B ... But mid-January, things seem to be getting a bit chippy playing all these teams over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.