Division IV Region 16

Iffy year for Alter.. Normally Oine play is a given and multi threat Rbs get them 100+ rushing yards as a result. Traditionally have been able to wear teams out bc of that union.. In 2 of its losses this year's team didn't show that dna.. The other 2 they got flat stuffed.. If they can scratch out a win vs CJ the Knights MIGHT have enough to advance a round or 2 at the D4 level.. Just sense they're a year away from Alter's normal level of play and consistency..
Probably more matchup based than normal in the playoffs. I could see Alter winning once, and maybe twice, but the matchups will have to be right. Smaller room for error too.

I’ve seen enough of Clinton Massie over the past 10 years to not dismiss them from the discussion. Wyoming is the clear favorite but it’s hard to forget what CM did to them last year. If they match up in round 2 that could be interesting. That said after Wyoming there are 4-5 teams that have a chance depending on the matchups.

I’ve seen enough of Clinton Massie over the past 10 years to not dismiss them from the discussion. Wyoming is the clear favorite but it’s hard to forget what CM did to them last year. If they match up in round 2 that could be interesting. That said after Wyoming there are 4-5 teams that have a chance depending on the matchups.
Wyoming, Fenwick, McNick or Taft take this region imo

Another interesting team that could be a lower seed. These aren't the typical Alter and Clinton Massie state champion caliber teams, but neither is going to be an easy win in the playoffs. Both are very well coached by experienced staffs, and teams that are familiar with the playoffs. The seedings will be interesting to see which higher seeds draw teams like Alter or CM.

Fenwick and Taft would be a great matchup IMO. Fenwick's defense against Taft's athletes. Looks like it could occur in Rd. 3.

Fenwick and Taft would be a great matchup IMO. Fenwick's defense against Taft's athletes. Looks like it could occur in Rd. 3.
Would definitely be interesting, I think one of those games where you know who wins early but you won’t know until you see a few snaps.

Here are my two Round predictions from another thread:

Revised Round 1

Wyoming, Taft, Fenwick, Clinton Massie, Urbana, Alter, McNick, Roger Bacon win and advance

Round 2

Wyoming 35, Massie 14
Taft 33, Alter 17
Fenwick 21 Roger Bacon 7
McNick 24, Urbana 21

Seems that seeding is different after R1 didnt know this: click insert, then full image
Anyone know anything about Reading? Will my young knights win a playoff game?
Knights have a good chance.

Attachments

• 1666545146745.png
    1666545146745.png
    26 KB · Views: 47
Week 11 Playoff Matchups:

#1 Wyoming (10-0) vs. #16 Waverly (5-5)
#2 Taft (8-2) vs. #15 CHCA (5-5)
#3 Fenwick (7-3) vs. #14 Eaton (6-4)
#4 Unioto (9-1) vs. #13 Clinton Massie (5-5)
#5 Urbana (8-2) vs. #12 Graham (5-5)
#6 McNicholas (5-5) vs. #11 Northridge (7-2)
#7 Reading (7-3) vs. #10 Alter (5-5)
#8 Shawnee (6-4) vs. #9 Roger Bacon (6-4)

Week 11 Playoff Matchups:

#1 Wyoming (10-0) vs. #16 Waverly (5-5)
#2 Taft (8-2) vs. #15 CHCA (5-5)
#3 Fenwick (7-3) vs. #14 Eaton (6-4)
#4 Unioto (9-1) vs. #13 Clinton Massie (5-5)
#5 Urbana (8-2) vs. #12 Graham (5-5)
#6 McNicholas (5-5) vs. #11 Northridge (7-2)
#7 Reading (7-3) vs. #10 Alter (5-5)
#8 Shawnee (6-4) vs. #9 Roger Bacon (6-4)
Clinton Massie and Alter in particular look to be potential upsets. They might even both be favored in those games. They aren't the typical powers they've been in past seasons, but both are prepared for the playoffs due to schedules, and have past playoff success.

Clinton Massie and Alter in particular look to be potential upsets. They might even both be favored in those games. They aren't the typical powers they've been in past seasons, but both are prepared for the playoffs due to schedules, and have past playoff success.
I agree. Despite the seeding I think both Massie and Alter are favorites. Also look for Roger Bacon to probably advance.

Anyone know anything about Reading? Will my young knights win a playoff game?
Until last Friday I thought Reading would be a tough opponent but they laid an egg against a bad Indian Hill team. I really have no idea how they only scored 7 points against that horrible defense. I would think that Alter wins this game.

Until last Friday I thought Reading would be a tough opponent but they laid an egg against a bad Indian Hill team. I really have no idea how they only scored 7 points against that horrible defense. I would think that Alter wins this game.
How is Reading's run defense? If they struggle against the run, Alter will control the clock and grind it out.

They have kind of gone away from the wishbone, still run it. But they pass the ball and run it a lot more out of the gun.

Because they can't run the ball like they use to. You don't go away from something if it is working.