MVAC Scarlet Tier

Sebring has committed to 8-man going forward. The plan is to remain in the mvac for all other sports so I doubt there will be any league movement.

It looks like these will be the weeks schools are going to need to find opponents:

4- Lowellville
5- Springfield
6- Western Reserve
7- Mineral Ridge
8- McDonald
9- Jackson-Milton
10- Waterloo

McDonald 28-6 final over Waterloo. 2nd half was ho hum, McDonald had 2 long time consuming drives into the redzone get derailed by penalties. Either way, much improvement, hopefully this carries to JM next week with a playoff spot on the line

With their week 9 win, Lowellville has clinched a share of their first league title since 2002. A win next week over Western Reserve would clinch it outright.

Week 9 scoreboard:
Lowellville 21
Mineral Ridge 7

Springfield 33
Jackson-Milton 7

McDonald 28
Waterloo 6

Weatern Reserve 49
Sebring 0

Standings:
1. Lowellville 9-0 (6-0)
2. Springfield 5-4 (5-1)
3. Mineral Ridge 7-2 (4-2)
4. Jackson-Milton 6-3 (3-3)
T5. McDonald 3-6 (2-4)
T5. Waterloo 3-6 (2-4)
T5. Western Reserve 3-6 (2-4)
8. Sebring 0-9 (0-6)

Week 10 schedule with playoff notes:

Western Reserve at Lowellville
Sebring at Springfield
Waterloo at Mineral Ridge
Jackson-Milton at McDonald

MVAC scarlet teams locked in playoffs:
Lowellville 2-3 seed in R25
Springfield 9-10 seed in R25
Mineral Ridge 10-11 seed in R21

Teams with playoff hopes alive:
Jackson-Milton- almost certainly in regardless, but a tiny chance they could miss with a loss

McDonald- beat JM and in

WR- beat Lowellville and in

i think McDonald has a really good chance at winning this week, especially if they play like they did against Waterloo

How’s their pass defense. That’s the key I think
You mean McDonald, right? They were able to shut down Lowellville passing game better than most teams have been. McDonald had a lot out when they played the rockets, so I can’t give you an accurate scout.

You mean McDonald, right? They were able to shut down Lowellville passing game better than most teams have been. McDonald had a lot out when they played the rockets, so I can’t give you an accurate scout.
Yes. Jackson milton has success through the air normally

McDonald had success slowing Lowellville's passing attack, in fact Ballone had only 185 yards with 2td and 1 int. However, that is in large part to McDonald selling out to stop the pass, which is why Lowellville was able to run the ball at will. I doubt McDonald sells out to stop the pass this week in the same manner as JM is much more balanced. McDonald was down 4 starters against Lowellville, but all 3 non-linemen returned against Waterloo. I do think the way McDonald has improved they can win this week, but will need to keep their focus, no pre-snap penalties or mistakes like mishandling snaps.

JM up 20-0. McDonald offense reverted back to the beginning of the year of the year and not doing the things that have been successful the last couple weeks.

JM 20-7 final. Disappointing game for McDonald after playing much better the last few weeks leading into tonight, just seemed to go away from what was working. On to 2023, should be much better given the talent in 9th grade.

Lowellville wins its first league championship since 2002 and will host a playoff game for the first time since then as well I believe. Springfield, Ridge (after a big scare), and JM all get wins on their ways to the playoffs. McDonald, WR, Waterloo, and Sebring’s seasons are over, and for the Trojans- at least in the foreseeable future, their time playing 11 man football is over.

Week 10 scorebord:
Lowellville- 34
Western Reserve- 7

Springfield- 55
Sebring- 0

Mineral Ridge- 28
Waterloo- 20

Jackson-Milton- 20
McDonald- 7

Standings:
1. Lowellville 10-0 (7-0)
2. Springfield 6-4 (6-1)
3. Mineral Ridge 8-2 (5-2)
4. Jackson-Milton 7-3 (4-3)
T5. McDonald 3-7 (2-5)
T5. Waterloo 3-7 (2-5)
T5. Western Reserve 3-7 (2-5)
8. Sebring 0-10 (0-7)

Playoff matchups:

D6R21:
10 Mineral Ridge at 7 Canton CC
13 Jackson-Milton at 4 Dalton

D7R25
9 Mathews at 8 Springfield
15 Steubenville CC at 2 Lowellville

Lowellville wins its first league championship since 2002 and will host a playoff game for the first time since then as well I believe. Springfield, Ridge (after a big scare), and JM all get wins on their ways to the playoffs. McDonald, WR, Waterloo, and Sebring’s seasons are over, and for the Trojans- at least in the foreseeable future, their time playing 11 man football is over.

Week 10 scorebord:
Lowellville- 34
Western Reserve- 7

Springfield- 55
Sebring- 0

Mineral Ridge- 28
Waterloo- 20

Jackson-Milton- 20
McDonald- 7

Standings:
1. Lowellville 10-0 (7-0)
2. Springfield 6-4 (6-1)
3. Mineral Ridge 8-2 (5-2)
4. Jackson-Milton 7-3 (4-3)
T5. McDonald 3-7 (2-5)
T5. Waterloo 3-7 (2-5)
T5. Western Reserve 3-7 (2-5)
8. Sebring 0-10 (0-7)

Playoff matchups:

D6R21:
10 Mineral Ridge at 7 Canton CC
13 Jackson-Milton at 4 Dalton

D7R25
9 Mathews at 8 Springfield
15 Steubenville CC at 2 Lowellville
And Atwater Waterloo left the Portage Trail conference...why? Of I guess for longer athletic trips and paying more fuel. For a school district that needs $ they could probably achieve the same results and have the much closer distance and neighborhood and long time rivalries restored. Guess with Sebring going 8 man Atwater Waterloo will lose 1 of it's guard wins each season!

And Atwater Waterloo left the Portage Trail conference...why? Of I guess for longer athletic trips and paying more fuel. For a school district that needs $ they could probably achieve the same results and have the much closer distance and neighborhood and long time rivalries restored. Guess with Sebring going 8 man Atwater Waterloo will lose 1 of it's guard wins each season!
Rumor is the league has found someone to replace Sebring and if true could be another win for Waterloo