d5 region 20 predictions

Milton destroyed Notthridge last night. It was never in doubt who the better team was. I felt MU came out a little off but quickly rebounded. Tim Antonides is the best def coordinator around. He just challenges the kids no matter what the score is. There are areas that I’m sure he’s not 100% pleased with but that’s the mark of a great coach.
The Dogs have given up 40 points all season. Not bad.
40 points all year…. I’d have to say that is impressive. Impressive because I know the starters have been pulled and the JV put in during many of those games.
Being a NE fan, I to have seen the same happen there. I think their defense has given up 70 or 76 all year. However many of those scores were on the JV.
I watched NE put all their seniors on the field Friday night together. Then they called a time out so they could all come off the field together. It was like 4th down and 20. They put the whole JV in and of course not only did the JV give up the first down it was a score.
We Al know this happens however it’s impressive to see any defense that’s really good not give up points.

I’ve said all season that Northeastern is a team to watch. I will go on a limb and say that if Valley View or Milton lose, it’s Northeastern that will be the reason. No disrespect to any other team (Greeneview).

I’ve said all season that Northeastern is a team to watch. I will go on a limb and say that if Valley View or Milton lose, it’s Northeastern that will be the reason. No disrespect to any other team (Greeneview).
NE is not a bad team and i think i didn’t give them enough credit at beginning of the season. although northeastern is not beating VV or MU
yeah GV has a 0% chance to win r20

NE beat GV by 1 point in OT. So they either both have a chance or neither has a chance.

(I think it's both BTW, but can't see the argument for one but not the other).
I am also high on Brookville. They could've beaten VV and lost to MU by 3 in 3 quarters of a scrimmage. If you like MU and VV, it's tough to dismiss BV.

I am still thrown by Waynesville. I don't know what to make of them (and therefore of GV's close win over them)

NE beat GV by 1 point in OT. So they either both have a chance or neither has a chance.

I am also high on Brookville. They could've beaten VV and lost to MU by 3 in 3 quarters of a scrimmage. If you like MU and VV, it's tough to dismiss BV.

I am still thrown by Waynesville. I don't know what to make of them (and therefore of GV's close win over them)
Injuries have had a huge effect on Waynesville, from what I understand.

Waynesville is a team that I view that can be a headache to beat in the playoffs. They have a nice offense but do have a tendency to give up a lot of points as well. They went through a stretch against Eaton and Bellbrook that was tough. Then lost their QB due to injury against Oakwood. He missed the Monroe game before returning against Franklin. I'm going to assume his injury has played a role in this late season swoon. They'll need to beat Carlisle and hope for some help. They could win a playoff game or two, depending on seeding, but if they get NE, VV, or MU, I don't see them beating any of them either.

Waynesville is a team that I view that can be a headache to beat in the playoffs. They have a nice offense but do have a tendency to give up a lot of points as well. They went through a stretch against Eaton and Bellbrook that was tough. Then lost their QB due to injury against Oakwood. He missed the Monroe game before returning against Franklin. I'm going to assume his injury has played a role in this late season swoon. They'll need to beat Carlisle and hope for some help. They could win a playoff game or two, depending on seeding, but if they get NE, VV, or MU, I don't see them beating any of them either.
if they beat Carlisle then they go to play Zane Trace, as long Greeneview beats Greenon

Here are the Week 10 Computer Point Standings:

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=20&year=2022

Big Games Week 10:
#3 Milton Union vs. Riverside
#4 Valley View vs. Bellbrook
#5 Madeira vs. Wyoming
#7 Greeneview @ #14 Greenon
#10 Purcell Marian vs. #11 Summit CD
#13 Waynesville @ #18 Carlisle
#15 Clark Montessori @ St. Bernard's Place
#16 North College Hill @ Roger Bacon
#17 Clermont Northeastern vs. Williamsburg

R20 is a very interesting region. The Top 7 teams all look to finish 9-1 to 10-0 overall, maybe Valley View finishes at 8-2. Seeds 13 down though are filled with teams struggling to find a third or fourth win on the season. I see some very lopsided games in Week 11.

i see what you’re saying, i do think NE could give us a better game due to matchups but MU beats anybody outside of bv and vv by 3 possessions

Reg 20 key games:
Valley View vs Bellbrook @ Germantown
Milton Union vs Riverside @ West Milton
Northeastern vs Fairbanks @ Fairbanks
Madeira vs Wyoming @ Madeira
Greeneview vs Greenon @ Greenon

If Madeira beats Wyoming, everybody on here will have to change their pick. :oops:
That single game will tell a great deal about Madeira. If they even keep it close and competitive, I think they could be a strong candidate to win R20. If Wyoming runs over them like they have the rest of their league, then I still think Maderia is a good playoff team, but probably not a serious challenger to some of the top teams in R20.

I know we've haggled about R20's tiers probably more than we need to, but I hadn't looked at Drew Pasteur's rankings for the region. It definitely slants towards a certain direction:

The interesting one is Waynesville. He has them at #8 overall even at 3-6, and already sees them as a playoff team, but he is assuming they beat Carlisle.

I know we've haggled about R20's tiers probably more than we need to, but I hadn't looked at Drew Pasteur's rankings for the region. It definitely slants towards a certain direction:

The interesting one is Waynesville. He has them at #8 overall even at 3-6, and already sees them as a playoff team, but he is assuming they beat Carlisle.
I think Waynesville is the 13 seed win or lose Friday night. They can't catch the teams above them but won't drop below the teams below them with a loss. If the QB is healthy that won't be an easy game for the #4 seed!

I think Waynesville is the 13 seed win or lose Friday night. They can't catch the teams above them but won't drop below the teams below them with a loss. If the QB is healthy that won't be an easy game for the #4 seed!
Waynesville is basically locked into the 13 seed.

the only way that changes is if Greenon upsets Greeneview, which would bump Greenon to 13 and Waynesville to 14

as long as Valley View wins, they will draw 4 seed Zane Trace. if Valley View loses.. well, they play Valley View.

so to put that in simple terms, Waynesville should be Valley Views biggest fan this weekend.

Waynesville is basically locked into the 13 seed.

the only way that changes is if Greenon upsets Greeneview, which would bump Greenon to 13 and Waynesville to 14

as long as Valley View wins, they will draw 4 seed Zane Trace. if Valley View loses.. well, they play Valley View.

so to put that in simple terms, Waynesville should be Valley Views biggest fan this weekend.
I imagine VV would rather play Clark or NCH than Waynesville as well!