d5 region 20 predictions

I'm not your buddy, guy.
angry posters GIF by South Park

This will be an entertaining thread once the playoff seeds are finalized this weekend. I'm ready to hear everyone's predictions.

Preble Shawnee, while down compared to last year will still give many teams in this region some problems. I wouldn’t put them in the favorite tier, but I would put them in the next groupings of teams.

Preble Shawnee, while down compared to last year will still give many teams in this region some problems. I wouldn’t put them in the favorite tier, but I would put them in the next groupings of teams.
maybe originally i had preble in my top 5
i would still put them top 10
MU, VV, BV
Ne,Gv, madeira
ZT, Waynesville, Preble
here’s my 3 tiers

MU, NE, VV, (Favorites)
ZT, GV, BV (Dangerous)
PS, Madeira, WV (Upsets)

I don’t really see the three in the third tier being any threat to the top tier. PS lost to National Trail who MU beat up 41-0. Wasn’t that close. NE is a real threat.

Last edited:
My take in Waynesville. The top 15 guys can play with all of these teams, but after that the talent falls off quickly. We can’t run the ball even a little. QB and WRs can get it done though. Defense has holes but enough athletes to keep us in the game. Any team should not take us lightly, but any team could beat us. We are the definition of a wild card

I'll wait until we see the actual matchups in Week 11. I do think Waynesville will be competitive with just about anyone they play in Round 1. I could see Madeira or Preble Shawnee also being competitive but it might be a little more matchup based in my opinion.

I'll wait until we see the actual matchups in Week 11. I do think Waynesville will be competitive with just about anyone they play in Round 1. I could see Madeira or Preble Shawnee also being competitive but it might be a little more matchup based in my opinion.
Madeira will be favored in round 1.
Drew Pasteur has a possible Madeira/Waynesville week 11 matchup! (although Summit is a higher probability, with Waynesville going to Zane Trace). If Bellbrook beats Valley View, Waynesville might be going to Germantown in week 1.

Might be Preble/Greeneview also, with the winner getting MU.

Last edited:
MU likely gets N College Hill or Greenon. Unlikely Greenon since the Dogs would have to lose for that to happen.

Last time Milton and Greenon hooked up was in 1982 (Milton finished 10-0) with Milton winning 19-6.

MU likely gets N College Hill or Greenon. Unlikely Greenon since the Dogs would have to lose for that to happen.

Last time Milton and Greenon hooked up was in 1982 (Milton finished 10-0) with Milton winning 19-6.
would be a great matchup to see happen but our secondary would have no answer for a special player like Brumbaugh. if it happens, you can expect me at Milton Memorial stadium next friday. hope Greenon and Milton can play in the near future.

would be a great matchup to see happen but our secondary would have no answer for a special player like Brumbaugh. if it happens, you can expect at Milton Memorial stadium next friday. hope Greenon and Milton can play in the near future.
Should be an annual game

Carlisle just played their way in and looks like they should be heading to West Milton next week.
Compared to a lot of the lower seeds, both Waynesville, and even Carlisle, will present some challenges. Waynesville offensively can score with many teams. Carlisle runs the triple option and controls possession.

Compared to a lot of the lower seeds, both Waynesville, and even Carlisle, will present some challenges. Waynesville offensively can score with many teams. Carlisle runs the triple option and controls possession.
Waynesville is headed to Zane Trace no matter what, that game is locked in. Carlisle and Greenon may potentially end in a tie breaker. there’s going to be a lot to unpack tonight.

a couple games in Cincinnati tomorrow that will have a big effect on seeding. so far, it doesn’t look like any matchup is a lock, and no one will know their opponent until tomorrow.