Week 8: Elder (5-2) vs. Indianapolis Roncalli (7-0)

Good comeback win for Elder. Question, why not target the big tight end?
Great question. And Why even try to catch a punt when the kid already muffed the first one and your regular punt returner is out for 3 weeks. That changed all the momentum we had.

Huge stop by the defense after we went up 24-23. The dline had to be exhausted
The dline played well. The rotation and fresh bodies proved to be the difference in taking up blockers. Good win. Not happy with how the end of the game went. Both teams played hard and deserved to meet up after but the Officals didn’t do a good job closing out the game then the maylay happened.

I also want to point out, Roncali had more total yards, a major advantage in TOP and Rushing yards. However, in conjunction with winning the turnover battle, Elder also threw the ball significantly better than Roncali. And guess what? Two of those passes were deep balls to Re that lead to TDs. Elder was more BALANCED than Roncalli and that was a major factor in winning the game.

I know Max Preps sucks, but Roncalli was ranked 30th in the country according to them. Going on the road and getting a 4th qtr comeback win vs a Top 30 team nationally is a hell of an accomplishment.

Huge stop by the defense after we went up 24-23. The dline had to be exhausted
Also a huge 3 & out after they punted the ball back to Roncali trailing 23-17 early 4th Qtr. Roncalli had all the momentum at that point in the game and it felt like they were on track to continue grinding up clock by running the ball right at Elder.

Autenrieb, Rolfes, Moorman, Arnold all out this game. Good news is Ramsey thinks all will be back at some point. Elder's banged up for this one.
Autenrieb was playing and was dressed. But it looked like Cowans (wearing #43 for some reason) was starting FB. Autenreib did play some.

Autenrieb was playing and was dressed. But it looked like Cowans (wearing #43 for some reason) was starting FB. Autenreib did play some.

I was confused by that also. Cowans is #51 on the roster. There is no #43 on the roster. I suppose it's possible he doesn't have a 51 white jersey. I also saw Autenrieb play some. I was just repeating what Ramsey said in pregame on PSRN.

I know Max Preps sucks, but Roncalli was ranked 30th in the country according to them. Going on the road and getting a 4th qtr comeback win vs a Top 30 team nationally is a hell of an accomplishment.

It's a huge win, and it shows how good this team is. They also have depth which is evident from some injuries. Big harbin points that puts them in the driver seat for a top 4 seed and 2 home playoff games. Just 1 more win should lock that in.

The dline played well. The rotation and fresh bodies proved to be the difference in taking up blockers. Good win. Not happy with how the end of the game went. Both teams played hard and deserved to meet up after but the Officals didn’t do a good job closing out the game then the maylay happened.

They rotated the dline well. Going against a big offensive line, keeping guys fresh was key to slowing down the run. Roncalli still got their rushing yards, but they overall did pretty good. They had some big sacks and pressure also. It looked like all of these guys had reps in the game Freeman, Hulen, McKenna, Heitz, Ginn, Sullivan. Voelkerding and Dugan had great games also.

Get the dub and get out. Roncalli cheap shot to end it??? Didn’t see it on the video. No handshakes.

There was a high hit on Schoster when he threw that last pass from the big 6'6" Roncalli lineman that is committed to Iowa. The ref didn't throw a flag on it, but it was a high hit. I don't think it was intentionally dirty, just the player trying to get to the QB. However, then there was confusion on if the interception was live or dead. It was obvious the player was out of bounds when he tipped it in for the attempted interception, but the players on the field away from the ball can't see that. The refs definitely needed to step in and make all players aware the play is dead to avoid what happened. In the process of returning, the same 6'6" Roncalli lineman blindside blocked James knocking him on his back. That was flagged, but then waved off. Ramsey took exception to this. Then, both teams had some jawing back and forth. That is why there was no team handshake. Elder players did the wave goodbye as they left the field. Probably a lack of judgment, but they're HS kids after a big road win when they felt one of their captains was the recipient of a dangerous cheap shot. I don't think either team is losing over sleep over anything. It's a big win, now they need to get healthy and win 2 more tough but winnable games where they are the favored team in both at home. Win these 2 and they are in the running for a 2 seed and at least a 3 seed.

They rotated the dline well. Going against a big offensive line, keeping guys fresh was key to slowing down the run. Roncalli still got their rushing yards, but they overall did pretty good. They had some big sacks and pressure also. It looked like all of these guys had reps in the game Freeman, Hulen, McKenna, Heitz, Ginn, Sullivan. Voelkerding and Dugan had great games also.
Not to go into detail, but Voelkerding was the player that was questionable for last night. He ended the game with 15 tackles.

Not to go into detail, but Voelkerding was the player that was questionable for last night. He ended the game with 15 tackles.

Yes, he was one of the players that didn't play the 2nd half against Moeller. He had another great game last night.

Yes, he was one of the players that didn't play the 2nd half against Moeller. He had another great game last night.
The stats say Hansen ran for 223 yards, but Elder held him in check almost all night sans one 66 yard run. Take that one play out and he’s at 157 yards on 33 carries. That’s still a very good 4.76 YPC but a lot less than 6.6 YPC he finished with.

I just saw this on Twitter… “Nebraska just had 4th and 1… went to an empty set and shotgun… you already know what happened”
They nearly lost a fumble in the Victory formation. It’s not so easy when the QB & Center aren’t familiar with the exchange.

They nearly lost a fumble in the Victory formation. It’s not so easy when the QB & Center aren’t familiar with the exchange.

Who said anything about victory formation? I simply think they should run some plays per game from under center.

If they would do it more often, it wouldn’t be unfamiliar

Who said anything about victory formation? I simply think they should run some plays per game from under center.

If they would do it more often, it wouldn’t be unfamiliar
Why? If you’re only going to run the ball from under Center it’s pointless. I also think it’s funny that this happened in the exact same game you mentioned in the previous post

Why? If you’re only going to run the ball from under Center it’s pointless. I also think it’s funny that this happened in the exact same game you mentioned in the previous post
I said run some plays, not JUST run the ball. Did you watch the video I posted? Not my words but under center opens up the offense, play action is more of a factor, and the offense is less predictable.

I also want to point out once again that since Roncalli had no threat in the passing game, Elder could stack the box to help keep the run game relatively in check. This proves simply pounding the ball on the ground is not sufficient to win big games. I was right, CinciFootball was wrong.

There was a high hit on Schoster when he threw that last pass from the big 6'6" Roncalli lineman that is committed to Iowa. The ref didn't throw a flag on it, but it was a high hit. I don't think it was intentionally dirty, just the player trying to get to the QB. However, then there was confusion on if the interception was live or dead. It was obvious the player was out of bounds when he tipped it in for the attempted interception, but the players on the field away from the ball can't see that. The refs definitely needed to step in and make all players aware the play is dead to avoid what happened. In the process of returning, the same 6'6" Roncalli lineman blindside blocked James knocking him on his back. That was flagged, but then waved off. Ramsey took exception to this. Then, both teams had some jawing back and forth. That is why there was no team handshake. Elder players did the wave goodbye as they left the field. Probably a lack of judgment, but they're HS kids after a big road win when they felt one of their captains was the recipient of a dangerous cheap shot. I don't think either team is losing over sleep over anything. It's a big win, now they need to get healthy and win 2 more tough but winnable games where they are the favored team in both at home. Win these 2 and they are in the running for a 2 seed and at least a 3 seed.
I assumed the flag was waived off because the game had ended when the pass was ruled incomplete.

I assumed the flag was waived off because the game had ended when the pass was ruled incomplete.
I was happy that Ramsey sent his kids directly to the locker room to avoid a potential hostile hand shake. We don’t need any suspensions with a few key players still missing. I thought it was the correct move. If Roncalli was upset about it so be it.