Week 7: Elder (5-1) v Moeller (6-0)

The thing about the playoffs, they might not have to beat Moeller if another team does. I do think Elder can beat Moeller if healthy and they don't make the same mistakes they made Friday. Moeller deserves a lot of credit. They played a great game and were ready.
The only team that can beat Moeller is West. They’re pretty much locks to finish 1 & 2 in seeding.

The only team that can beat Moeller is West. They’re pretty much locks to finish 1 & 2 in seeding.
Yes, these two are a class above, but the statement is not true, especially in the playoffs. There are several Cincy teams that can knock them off on any given day. Not saying they will, but they're capable.

I think people are still in a bit of shock at how fast the self destruction took place. Moeller is a legitimately better team, but Elder looked like they had a hex put on them. Another poster I talked to offline made a good comp, it was like the Colerain playoff game in ‘15. Colerain scored the 1st play of the game, recovered a fumbled kickoff and scored soon after that. It was 14-0 in the blink of an eye and the game was over.

In a rematch Moe wins by 2-3 TDs, but I think Elder could at least keep the game relatively close for 3 quarters. The D might be vastly improved but they still don’t have the speed in the Secondary to mitigate Moe’s passing game.
Yea I think in a 10 game series Moe wins 7 or 8 of 10. All it takes is one though. Moe is def better than Elder at this point of the season.

I think people are still in a bit of shock at how fast the self destruction took place. Moeller is a legitimately better team, but Elder looked like they had a hex put on them. Another poster I talked to offline made a good comp, it was like the Colerain playoff game in ‘15. Colerain scored the 1st play of the game, recovered a fumbled kickoff and scored soon after that. It was 14-0 in the blink of an eye and the game was over.

In a rematch Moe wins by 2-3 TDs, but I think Elder could at least keep the game relatively close for 3 quarters. The D might be vastly improved but they still don’t have the speed in the Secondary to mitigate Moe’s passing game.
Good comparison with '15 Playoff game. I can remember a few games through the years where things have snow-balled against the Panthers - '07 St X Playoff game, '11 matchup vs. Trinity to name a few.

I actually think the way things played out against Moe on Friday was ok for Elder in terms of a potential rematch. For starters, sometimes getting a humbling experience can be a good thing. Being in a such an early hole shrinks the playbook as you try to get back in the game, but Elder also knows they didn't play well and really did get some rotten luck with 3 consecutive fumbles. That just doesn't happen in football. I'm more bullish on a rematch with Moe than most, because the offense was moving the ball and the defense was on the field a bunch because of those fumbles.

Good comparison with '15 Playoff game. I can remember a few games through the years where things have snow-balled against the Panthers - '07 St X Playoff game, '11 matchup vs. Trinity to name a few.

I actually think the way things played out against Moe on Friday was ok for Elder in terms of a potential rematch. For starters, sometimes getting a humbling experience can be a good thing. Being in a such an early hole shrinks the playbook as you try to get back in the game, but Elder also knows they didn't play well and really did get some rotten luck with 3 consecutive fumbles. That just doesn't happen in football. I'm more bullish on a rematch with Moe than most, because the offense was moving the ball and the defense was on the field a bunch because of those fumbles.
Moe and West are a cut above everyone else in the state. That's not saying they can't be beat.

Moe is just loaded on offense. Forget their RB1 and WR1, Moe's RB2 and WR2 would be immediate starters on all other teams in the city. As good as Moe is on offense, LW is that good on defense.

If Moe and LW meet in the regional final, I'm not sure how that one goes, but I'd probably give the edge to Moe.

Moe and West are a cut above everyone else in the state. That's not saying they can't be beat.

Moe is just loaded on offense. Forget their RB1 and WR1, Moe's RB2 and WR2 would be immediate starters on all other teams in the city. As good as Moe is on offense, LW is that good on defense.

If Moe and LW meet in the regional final, I'm not sure how that one goes, but I'd probably give the edge to Moe.
Aren’t all WR2s starters on all teams? 😉

I agree. I would go so far as to say that Moeller is a step above West in all honesty. X should have beat West to open the season. And X also led Moeller in the 4th Qtr. I believe X is much better than their record at 2-5, but those results just prove that West and Moeller can be beat.

Bottom line is Moe isnt 5 TD's better than Elder and Elder isnt 5 TD's better than X. Crap happens and the breakdowns in HS comes from lack of preparation, confusion and focus from everyone on the sidelines. Do not believe in good loses and wont start now, however the next three games will decide how Elder repsondes to the season. Thier strenght in the defense all season and it starts with that group of players and coaches. Work the details of the game and fix it before friday. Get Better now.

My Moe friend (not really) says that the Moe site is saying that 2/3 of the crowd Friday night were Moe fans. I did not sense that. Did anyone?

My Moe friend (not really) says that the Moe site is saying that 2/3 of the crowd Friday night were Moe fans. I did not sense that. Did anyone?
I was waiting for this to come up. I wouldn't go 2/3rds - maybe 55%.

Don't talk to Elder fans about other schools out-drawing them, those fightin' words.

Elder usually always brings good crowds, but I was impressed with the Moe crowd. You can tell they feel a swing of very positive momentum in their football program.

Based on the pictures I saw, I think Moeller had more people there, but not by much. 55-45 probably about right.

I was waiting for this to come up.
lol were you really? Youve been waiting nearly a week for it?

1665140408223.gif

It was absolutely NOT a fundraiser. Get your story's straight.
Screw you! Donors and alumni appreciation event coupled with an opportunity to showcase the school as Open House approaches. What is your frickin explanation for opening up the upper level luxury box area and serving food and beverage. The ticket price to enter the reception area was more than the general admission price. This has been this way for a few years now. GBM