Division IV Region 16

This is the correct answer. Wyoming has been a stalwart, and I don't know the coach-but I'd bet he'd rather go 9-1 and play somebody tough to get them ready for playoff football because their schedule is not good at all.
Ehh not sure. Heard rumors they've turned down numerous GCL Co-ed teams and generally the Co-ed tries to schedule tough OOC games so I wouldn't be shocked. That being said, Wyoming is still the team to beat in R16 this year.

have any teams in the region already played each other in the regular season? if so what was the outcome ?
This is what I have for the schools in the Central Buckeye Conference

Shawnee 34 - Eaton 12 (Eaton beat Waynesville, who beat Massie. If you like that sort of spiderweb logic)
Shawnee 45 - Graham 19
Shawnee 17 - Kenton Ridge 7
Remaining Schedule: D3 R11 #9 Bellefontaine; D3 R12 #11 Tecumseh; D3 R11 #8 London; D3 R11 #12 Jonathon Alder. This is a grinder for the Braves and if they can come out of this 2-2, they should be hosting in week 11.

Urbana 47- Kenton Ridge 7
Urbana 42 - Graham 7
Remaining Schedule D4 R18 #28 Indian Lake; D4 R14 #17 Benjamin Logan; D5 R20 #24 Northwestern; D5 R18 #8 North Union. The Hillclimbers have a fairly easy route to the playoffs, on paper their only real competition is North Union. If they go 4-0 they could be a top 10, maybe; 3-1, they are in but their seeding will make it tough to advance into week 12.

Kenton Ridge has the same remaining schedule as Shawnee. At best Kenton Ridge could be 1-3 over the next four weeks and more than likely stay out of the top 16.
Graham has the same remaining schedule as Urbana. I would say they finish the next four weeks at 3-1 and maintain a top 16 seeding.

I will have crystal clear picture on 22 October, lol.

This is what I have for the schools in the Central Buckeye Conference

Shawnee 34 - Eaton 12 (Eaton beat Waynesville, who beat Massie. If you like that sort of spiderweb logic)
Shawnee 45 - Graham 19
Shawnee 17 - Kenton Ridge 7
Remaining Schedule: D3 R11 #9 Bellefontaine; D3 R12 #11 Tecumseh; D3 R11 #8 London; D3 R11 #12 Jonathon Alder. This is a grinder for the Braves and if they can come out of this 2-2, they should be hosting in week 11.

Urbana 47- Kenton Ridge 7
Urbana 42 - Graham 7
Remaining Schedule D4 R18 #28 Indian Lake; D4 R14 #17 Benjamin Logan; D5 R20 #24 Northwestern; D5 R18 #8 North Union. The Hillclimbers have a fairly easy route to the playoffs, on paper their only real competition is North Union. If they go 4-0 they could be a top 10, maybe; 3-1, they are in but their seeding will make it tough to advance into week 12.

Kenton Ridge has the same remaining schedule as Shawnee. At best Kenton Ridge could be 1-3 over the next four weeks and more than likely stay out of the top 16.
Graham has the same remaining schedule as Urbana. I would say they finish the next four weeks at 3-1 and maintain a top 16 seeding.

I will have crystal clear picture on 22 October, lol.
Everything about Shawnee, as we head into Week 7, has been positive. Their only loss was to 5-1 Valley View. I think their win over Eaton looks very solid right now. They'll be challenged in their league schedule down the stretch. Bellefontaine is good, Tecumseh will be a grind, London and JA will both be competitive. No doubt you'll have a lot clearer picture by Week 11, but I think Shawnee will compete very well in the post season.

Everything about Shawnee, as we head into Week 7, has been positive. Their only loss was to 5-1 Valley View. I think their win over Eaton looks very solid right now. They'll be challenged in their league schedule down the stretch. Bellefontaine is good, Tecumseh will be a grind, London and JA will both be competitive. No doubt you'll have a lot clearer picture by Week 11, but I think Shawnee will compete very well in the post season.
I don't have the energy to run through all the R16 schedule for teams but I wonder who has a tougher next four weeks than Shawnee? I know Taft has some bigger Cincinnati schools on tap but do they bring the quality of teams that Shawnee will play? My surprise is Urbana. What do these Climbers have going on?
I agree Shawnee will compete very well and for the good of the conference I hope Urbana shows up and makes some noise as well.

I don't have the energy to run through all the R16 schedule for teams but I wonder who has a tougher next four weeks than Shawnee? I know Taft has some bigger Cincinnati schools on tap but do they bring the quality of teams that Shawnee will play? My surprise is Urbana. What do these Climbers have going on?
I agree Shawnee will compete very well and for the good of the conference I hope Urbana shows up and makes some noise as well.
Alters next 2 weeks are very tough. This week, Badin #1 ranked team in D3. Then the following week they play Fenwick who is ranked 3rd in R16.

Fenwick plays McNich, Alter, and Badin in the final 4 weeks. Alter plays Badin, Fenwick, and CJ. Taft plays Western Hills, Hughes, and Woodward. Eaton plays Brookville, Valley View, and Monroe. Those are probably the strongest schedules outside of Shawnee's down the stretch.

For the few SEO teams in this region
Unioto falls 35-31 against DV R 20 Zane Trace
McClain loses to DIII Washington Court House 50-14
Waverly beats DVI Valley 60-7

From GCL Coed thread:​

Region 16 playoff probabilities​

Updated 01-Oct-2022 10:52PM
Week 7 complete

Scores & schedules courtesy of Joe Eitel
Region 16 home
Region 16 projections
Region 16 seeding probabilities
Eitel Region 16 page

Locks or near-locks (99%+)
1. Wyoming (7-0) Already in and home twice
2. Taft (5-2) Already in and likely home, 95% twice
3. Unioto (6-1) Already in and likely home, 87% twice
4. Bishop Fenwick (5-2) Already in, 96% home, 48% twice
5. Archbishop McNicholas (4-3) Likely in, 69% home, 5% twice
6. Archbishop Alter (4-3) Likely in, 85% home, 44% twice
7. Reading (5-2) Likely in, 78% home
8. Urbana (5-2) Likely in, 72% home, 10% twice
9. Shawnee (Springfield) (5-2) Likely in, 44% home, 10% twice
10. Northridge (5-1) Likely in, 5% home

Region 16 projections​

Updated 01-Oct-2022 10:52PM
Week 7 complete

Scores & schedules courtesy of Joe Eitel
Region 16 home
Region 16 playoff probabilities
Region 16 seeding probabilities
Eitel Region 16 page

Median cutoff for top 4 (two home games) 18.25 (range 14.35-21.25)
Median cutoff for top 8 (home game) 13.42 (range 10.43-17.79)
Median cutoff for top 16 (playoff berth) 8.26 (range 5.30-11.54)

1. Wyoming (10-0) 25.76
2. Taft (8-2) 20.83
3. Unioto (9-1) 18.75
4. Archbishop McNicholas (6-4) 15.55
(Top 4 earn two home games)
5. Archbishop Alter (6-4) 15.30
6. Bishop Fenwick (6-4) 15.00
7. Reading (8-2) 14.96
8. Urbana (7-3) 13.50
(Top 8 earn a home game)
9. Shawnee (Springfield) (6-4) 12.50
10. Clinton-Massie (5-5) 11.54
11. Northridge (7-2) 11.14
12. McClain (5-5) 10.55
13. Graham Local (5-5) 10.30
14. Waverly (5-5) 10.18
15. Bethel-Tate (5-4) 9.75
16. Roger Bacon (5-5) 9.53

Being a Waverly fan I would love a second crack at unioto but being realistic we’ve just got so many injuries to key spots it’ll be tough to make a run

Seems like a pretty balanced region. Some of the records, I would say, would be deceiving based upon current standings.
Agreed. I do believe Wyoming is the team to beat, but that group of Taft through Clinton Massie will be incredibly competitive. R16 always offers a deep region and competitive playoff games early on.

Being a Waverly fan I would love a second crack at unioto but being realistic we’ve just got so many injuries to key spots it’ll be tough to make a run
For Waverly having built program playoff success over the past several seasons, I think making the playoffs is still a big accomplishment. You look at a team like CM this year, clearly down from their normal standards. But still making the post season keeps that expectation going. I also feel like both CM and Waverly could be a difficult first round matchup for schools. Teams built on playoff familiarity, etc.

If Waverly rematched Unioto and Clinton Massie traveled to Reading in Week 11, I could easily see both pulling upsets.

I am curious not a hater, but does Wyoming play anyone. Like during this 63 game win streak have they beaten anyone of note?

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.24.34 AM.png

For Waverly having built program playoff success over the past several seasons, I think making the playoffs is still a big accomplishment. You look at a team like CM this year, clearly down from their normal standards. But still making the post season keeps that expectation going. I also feel like both CM and Waverly could be a difficult first round matchup for schools. Teams built on playoff familiarity, etc.

If Waverly rematched Unioto and Clinton Massie traveled to Reading in Week 11, I could easily see both pulling upsets.
You are spot on about making the playoffs. teams tend to get better as the season goes on also. Add in watching the film from the first matchup and learning the tendencies.

Taft was a good win for Wyoming, the rest of that schedule is pretty bad. Madeira perhaps could give them a game on Week 10. McNick scrimmaged them and was clearly beaten I thought but it was just a scrimmage. I was happy to see they were actually pretty good. I think Madeira was 2-8 the previous season.

Yeah, there isn't a lot to argue about their schedule this year. There's no question Wyoming was hurt in 2022 with Harrison being down and Indian Hill being down. I think over the years, they could always count on a real battle with Indian Hill as it was a rival. Madeira is having a nice year but I don't expect them to beat Wyoming. But over the course of their streak, they have typically played better OOC teams and had Indian Hill to rely on as a strong opponent.

I was a little surprised to see Wyoming to be ranked #5 overall in DIV. When looking at it further, 3 of the teams are in R14. DIV is very strong with Glenville, VanWert, and Steubenville, but West Holmes being #1 threw me a bit. Then I realized they were in the DIII last year going 14-1 with a loss to Chardon in the State Semi-Final. DIV looks strong.

Yeah, there isn't a lot to argue about their schedule this year. There's no question Wyoming was hurt in 2022 with Harrison being down and Indian Hill being down. I think over the years, they could always count on a real battle with Indian Hill as it was a rival. Madeira is having a nice year but I don't expect them to beat Wyoming. But over the course of their streak, they have typically played better OOC teams and had Indian Hill to rely on as a strong opponent.

I was a little surprised to see Wyoming to be ranked #5 overall in DIV. When looking at it further, 3 of the teams are in R14. DIV is very strong with Glenville, VanWert, and Steubenville, but West Holmes being #1 threw me a bit. Then I realized they were in the DIII last year going 14-1 with a loss to Chardon in the State Semi-Final. DIV looks strong.
i am not sure what wyoming could do about its schedule. harrison is D2, aiken is D2, and taft is a strong D4. then the CHL. harrison when to the D2 regional finals in 2020, i think. and D4 statewide is really good. for ex., glenville beat avon by a lot, and avon would be equivalent to lakota west or mason in cinci. also, steubenville was D3 last year too. so a Final 4 game will be tough.

i am not sure what wyoming could do about its schedule. harrison is D2, aiken is D2, and taft is a strong D4. then the CHL. harrison when to the D2 regional finals in 2020, i think. and D4 statewide is really good. for ex., glenville beat avon by a lot, and avon would be equivalent to lakota west or mason in cinci. also, steubenville was D3 last year too. so a Final 4 game will be tough.
Glenville did not beat Avon by a lot. It was a six point win and Avon threw an int at the goal line going for the winning score at the end. But yes, Glenville is very good. They will be a tough out.