2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

I do understand they NR may have been a tad overrated. But I don’t think as soon as Riverside beats them that they are “pretenders”. They will still probably go 8-2 and probably win at least one playoff game if they get seeded right. I think Riverside is good and they should get a bit more credit for beating a school twice their size. I believe it should be more “Riverside is a good team who is turning it around despite a slow start” vs “Riverside beat NR , so NR isn’t any good”.

I do understand they NR may have been a tad overrated. But I don’t think as soon as Riverside beats them that they are “pretenders”. They will still probably go 8-2 and probably win at least one playoff game if they get seeded right. I think Riverside is good and they should get a bit more credit for beating a school twice their size. I believe it should be more “Riverside is a good team who is turning it around despite a slow start” vs “Riverside beat NR , so NR isn’t any good”.
I tend to agree with this. For Northridge, it's about perspective. This is still only their second season removed from mostly mediocrity in the SWBL. To finish 8-2 gives them two straight winning seasons and playoff births, it's definitely something to build on. I believe they need to raise their level of competition in the OOC next. That's the next step in growing a successful, winning program.

I also agree on Riverside. Very nice win for their team, bit for computer points. Also keeps them in the race for the league with MU.

I tend to agree with this. For Northridge, it's about perspective. This is still only their second season removed from mostly mediocrity in the SWBL. To finish 8-2 gives them two straight winning seasons and playoff births, it's definitely something to build on. I believe they need to raise their level of competition in the OOC next. That's the next step in growing a successful, winning program.

I also agree on Riverside. Very nice win for their team, bit for computer points. Also keeps them in the race for the league with MU.
i se
i see what you’re saying but BEA has a point, ridge been so far overrated and rs may go 8-2 but nr isn’t good though. very quality win for riverside but i can’t say riverside is the best either thiugh

i se

i see what you’re saying but BEA has a point, ridge been so far overrated and rs may go 8-2 but nr isn’t good though. very quality win for riverside but i can’t say riverside is the best either thiugh
And I totally agree that Northridge was overrated being #9 in the state rankings. But finishing 8-2 and making the playoffs is another positive building block year.

And I totally agree that Northridge was overrated being #9 in the state rankings. But finishing 8-2 and making the playoffs is another positive building block year.
It’s all relative to strength of schedule and how they play those games. My feeling is Milton wins the rest of their games by at least 42 each week. Riverside being the one that might be closer. Ridge is winning the games they should and still not winning the games they shouldn’t. Upsets are not in the vernacular of the Bears.
If they are to improve, they need a harder ooc schedule and they need to push MU or whoever is leading the league. I made the statement that they are pretenders because they are not top 10 D4 school.

It’s all relative to strength of schedule and how they play those games. My feeling is Milton wins the rest of their games by at least 42 each week. Riverside being the one that might be closer. Ridge is winning the games they should and still not winning the games they shouldn’t. Upsets are not in the vernacular of the Bears.
If they are to improve, they need a harder ooc schedule and they need to push MU or whoever is leading the league. I made the statement that they are pretenders because they are not top 10 D4 school.
I totally agree with all of that.

as stated on another thread, Covington has cancelled their game vs Northridge for this week. The rest of the league is scrambling to find replacement games.

I'm in almost disbelief of how far Covington's program has fallen. In just 2016, Covington was 10-0 and finished losing in the Regional Semi-Finals of R28, to go 11-1. In 2019 they go 8-2, make the playoffs, win two playoff games, but lose in the third round to go 10-3. Then we have the Covid season in which they go 4-1, lose in the first round of the playoffs, and then lose 3 of the next 4 scheduled games. In 2021, they leave the CCC to join the TRC, finish 1-9 and miss the playoffs. Now in 2022, they have fallen to the point they're no longer competitive and don't have enough players to play. This is a program that was a perennial playoff team as far back as 1995 when only four schools made the playoffs per region. It's hard to believe.

Two years in and the TRC is showing cracks in the foundation. The situation with Covington is very unfortunate and unforeseen. Who’s next? Lehman seems to have their situation under control, Miami East, Milton? I heard that MU is declining in enrollment and that could put them in a precarious position in the next 5-7 years or so.
I really don’t see Northridge or Bethel ever having enrollment issues.
My point here is if it can happen to Covington it can happen to any school.