Will Cincinnati St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

Will St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely X is a quality win
And I never even mentioned West. I said Princeton hasn’t played any competition yet and no one can argue that. They may very well be the best team in the city who knows?? But IMO the jury is still out until we see them against a quality team.

We've been hearing that ("Who else do you want West to start at QB?") for 3 years now-- ample time to find somebody who can throw an accurate pass more than 5 yards downfield-- but Coach Bolden is NOT interested in finding someone better than QB Bolden. LW's biggest weakness on offense is when the QB has to throw the ball. No one should EVER fall for the drop-back, then QB draw/scramble that Bolden uses about ~10-15 times/game (depending on whether LW is winning or losing)-- because he's ALWAYS more of a threat running it than throwing it. I SERIOUSLY doubt that QB Bolden has more yards throwing it than X does this season--please cite the stats. Bolden is a feeble passer, an OK runner-- and NOT a candidate to play QB in college anywhere other than (maybe) Mt. St. Joe.

No one said X was good this year-- and they STILL should have won that game over a mediocre LW team-- it took a special teams collapse, and a series of very favorable, questionable officiating calls (e.g.- the safety that was NOT called a safety, the very poor spot of the ball on X's 4th and 1 QB sneak, the pass interference call in the end zone, to gift LW additional shots at the game-winning TD, from closer to the goal line-- there were others, but those ones stand out) to gift that game to LW.
It's refreshing to see someone say outside of the west program what we (west) have been watching for the past four years "Coach Bolden is NOT interested in finding someone better than QB Bolden". Bomberinmonroe has pointed this same fact out over the past few years west has suffered from poor QB play (daddy-ball) in big games. Hmmm......you would think a FOUR-YEAR varsity starter for D1 high school team would attract some attention from at least a few big D1 colleges but that hasn't happened has it??? It goes to show you people outside of the west program know what's going on here.

Once again our defense kept us in the game (big game), defense has and will continue to carry us making up for our lack of deep passing game. You have to be able to stretch the field, complete passes consistently..........at least ten yards past the line of scrimmage.

X should have won. They gave it away by not kicking FG versus going for a failed fourth-down attempt. You're playing away take the three points and make it a two-score game, then X threw two back-to-back incomplete passes on the next series stopping the clock for west. We scored with 0:26. POOR clock management in the last eight minutes of the game doomed X.

It's refreshing to see someone say outside of the west program what we (west) have been watching for the past four years "Coach Bolden is NOT interested in finding someone better than QB Bolden". Bomberinmonroe has pointed this same fact out over the past few years west has suffered from poor QB play (daddy-ball) in big games. Hmmm......you would think a FOUR-YEAR varsity starter for D1 high school team would attract some attention from at least a few big D1 colleges but that hasn't happened has it??? It goes to show you people outside of the west program know what's going on here.

Once again our defense kept us in the game (big game), defense has and will continue to carry us making up for our lack of deep passing game. You have to be able to stretch the field, complete passes consistently..........at least ten yards past the line of scrimmage.

X should have won. They gave it away by not kicking FG versus going for a failed fourth-down attempt. You're playing away take the three points and make it a two-score game, then X threw two back-to-back incomplete passes on the next series stopping the clock for west. We scored with 0:26. POOR clock management in the last eight minutes of the game doomed X.
This could not have been stated any better or more clearly.

Not likely. They’ll get wins But it may be tough to get a GCL wins. Moe and Elder look good so far (add a very for Moe)
Not sure about the lancers
There are likely a few more wins on the schedule even after week three. One thing is for sure, X has fewer impact players than at any time in recent history. Their O line is slow and unathletic. You can't teach speed and athleticism so I would have to say while they will get fundamentally better as the season wears on, it is hard to believe that they will get demonstratively better. We will just have to wait and see if the rest of the GCL-S is as slow and unathletic. Not being able to kick the ball into the end zone to start the game or after a score is going to cost them dearly at some point. My observation is that the rest of the GCL-S has more speed and impact players and so I would say barring major injuries to opponents in league play, they scrap out a total of 3-4 wins by the end of the regular season. GBM

There are likely a few more wins on the schedule even after week three. One thing is for sure, X has fewer impact players than at any time in recent history. Their O line is slow and unathletic. You can't teach speed and athleticism so I would have to say while they will get fundamentally better as the season wears on, it is hard to believe that they will get demonstratively better. We will just have to wait and see if the rest of the GCL-S is as slow and unathletic. Not being able to kick the ball into the end zone to start the game or after a score is going to cost them dearly at some point. My observation is that the rest of the GCL-S has more speed and impact players and so I would say barring major injuries to opponents in league play, they scrap out a total of 3-4 wins by the end of the regular season. GBM
I only have two thoughts after reading this - (1) I just HOPE, HOPE, HOPE X can keep it close against at least one or two teams on their schedule and somehow manage to scrape in at the 16th spot in the playoffs; and (2) I would be truly embarrassed if my team played X and it wasn't a running clock at the beginning of the second half.

all kinds of talent in West Chester and still haven’t brought home a state championship in the premier high school sport, Declining District at Princeton and still have better facilities and 3 state championship and probably closer to winning another before West
Most asinine comment I’ve seen in awhile.

Sounds like they were out coached....

Working on spelling short words? Now try releasing your "Caps Lock" key-- there are all sorts of fun things you can learn to do at your keyboard.
I FREQUENTLY TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON SO I AM ABLE TO SEE WHAT IV'E TYPED.
OTHERWISE I AM UNABLE TO CORRECT TYPOS. NOW I HAVE TO ASK YOU, DOES READING
WORDS TYPED IN ALL CAPS HURT YOUR EYES? Or is upper/lower case just a personal preference?

Last edited:
You literally just blamed the refs. Thanks Butt Hurt Bomber. Next caller please.
Yup-- the "home-field advantage" refs were a significant factor in LW's favor-- but X did plenty to sabotage itself, too-- correct either one, and X wins comfortably. Doesn't matter-- neither of these teams will be winning state this year-- it was (mostly) a game of incompetence.

I FREQUENTLY TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON SO I AM ABLE TO SEE WHAT IV'E TYPED.
OTHERWISE I AM UNABLE TO CORRECT TYPOS. NOW I HAVE TO ASK YOU, DOES READING
WORDS TYPED IN ALL CAPS HURT YOUR EYES? Or is upper/lower case just a personal preference?
It's just odd-- especially when it's apparent that you are capable of following current, modern convention... there was a time (~150 years ago) when ALL written, electronic messages-- telegrams-- were typed in all capital letters-- but, at least since the days (40+ years ago) when personal computers replaced dumb computer terminals connected to mainframes (and began offering not only upper and lower case, but also numerous font choices), most people choose not to send out messages in all capital letters-- unless they want to be perceived as "shouting" all the time (since that is the on-line perception of using all capital letters)...

And yes, it IS less readable than using lower case with occasional upper case letters-- the whole point of (occasional) capital letter use, is to draw attention to that letter/word-- for instance, it denotes the start of a new sentence... But it loses its meaning/effectiveness, when you put EVERYTHING in your message(s) in capital letters.

Yup-- the "home-field advantage" refs were a significant factor in LW's favor-- but X did plenty to sabotage itself, too-- correct either one, and X wins comfortably. Doesn't matter-- neither of these teams will be winning state this year-- it was (mostly) a game of incompetence.
X gets more home cookin than any team in the city! They have no right to complain if it happens to them

4GX you’re embarrassing yourself. Grown man complaining about refs. When literally nobody said a thing about the officiating for 3 weeks.
Not at all-- just one of the egregious facets of that game-- not the only one. Hardly complaining--just stating facts: for example, go back and look at where the LW QB was tackled in the end zone, and explain why that ball was then placed on a the ~1-inch line, instead of calling it a safety. Go back and look at the 4th and 1 QB sneak by X, where the QB reached on the play, and then look at where the ball was spotted, and explain why that was not called a first down. Those are two crucial plays, which ultimately cost X 5-9 points in that game-- enough to change the outcome of the game. But, X could have obviated all that by simply doing a better job of clock management on offense, in its last few possessions.

Doesn't matter-- neither LW nor X will be going far in the playoffs this year.

If 4GX was a head football coach he would never lose a game and win every state title! I mean cmon guys this guy knows so much about football it wouldn't be fair to any other program....

Status
Not open for further replies.