Will Cincinnati St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

Will St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 4GX was a head football coach he would never lose a game and win every state title! I mean cmon guys this guy knows so much about football it wouldn't be fair to any other program....

Thanks for the compliments-- I'd never say such myself-- but, it's nice to know that you have such a high opinion of me.

Lolololo. He knows everything. Typical GCL DB that can’t handle losing to a public school.
No problems with the loss-- didn't say a word about it here, in the ensuing two weeks after the game. Neither team is very good, so that game does not hold much portent for the playoffs....

And I don't play Defensive Back.

No problems with the loss-- didn't say a word about it here, in the ensuing two weeks after the game. Neither team is very good, so that game does not hold much portent for the playoffs....

And I don't play Defensive Back.
Did you or did you not say or did you not say out officiated? Why say that if you don’t have feelings toward the outcomes. Done here, I honestly thought both teams looked awesome on D. Offense was shaky but it was week 1. Both will be fine. Accept the outcomes.

Suddenly X 2-2 and improving. They should beat LaSalle and LCA, probably lose to Moe and Ignatius, with Elder and Trinity toss-ups.

They were definitely outcoached against LW, beaten in all phases in Chicago, and left things way too close in the first half against Liberty. Not sure what happened in the second half of that game, but they are looking very different right now. Still probably a 5-5 team, will see where them, Moe, Princeton and West are on Friday.

Did you or did you not say or did you not say out officiated? Why say that if you don’t have feelings toward the outcomes. Done here, I honestly thought both teams looked awesome on D. Offense was shaky but it was week 1. Both will be fine. Accept the outcomes.
I did say it-- THREE WEEKS later-- it HARDLY matters that much to me (as you claimed it did)-- it's just ONE of the multiple ways X could (and should) have won that game against a mediocre LW team-- NEITHER team is going places this December.

Suddenly X 2-2 and improving. They should beat LaSalle and LCA, probably lose to Moe and Ignatius, with Elder and Trinity toss-ups.

They were definitely outcoached against LW, beaten in all phases in Chicago, and left things way too close in the first half against Liberty. Not sure what happened in the second half of that game, but they are looking very different right now. Still probably a 5-5 team, will see where them, Moe, Princeton and West are on Friday.
Never been into predicting game results - just don't see the benefit to doing it. I've been around long enough to know that it's a fool's errand. But I do get a kick out of watching the fools that do...

Happy to amuse you
Well, you're not boasting or being too pessimistic, so it's no big deal to me. Sure, right now Moe and Ignatius may look like the toughest opponents left - but it is still early. Second, I am not convinced that they are that much better than Elder, LaSalle and Trinity. That may be obvious at the end of the year, but Moe beating Trinity 28-3 and LaSalle losing to Trinity 31-10 are just two data points now. We will know much more at the end of the season.

I mean, we already know from birdog that if Moe doesn't have X on a running clock by the start of the second half on Friday, it would be a true embarrassment to Moe. And we know from 4GX that both X and Lakota West suck and that apparently Steve Specht likes to start a QB that's incapable of throwing a spiral. With these types of insights, what more do you need?

Last edited:
Well, you're not boasting or being too pessimistic, so it's no big deal to me. Sure, right now Moe and Ignatius may look like the toughest opponents left - but it is still early. Second, I am not convinced that they are that much better than Elder, LaSalle and Trinity. That may be obvious at the end of the year, but Moe beating Trinity 28-3 and LaSalle losing to Trinity 31-10 are just two data points now. We will know much more at the end of the season.

I mean, we already know from birdog that if Moe doesn't have X on a running clock by the start of the second half on Friday, it would be a true embarrassment to Moe. And we know from 4GX that both X and Lakota West suck and that apparently Steve Specht likes to start a QB that's incapable of throwing a spiral. With these types of insights, what more do you need?
Apparently, not any more-- either on the starting or the spirals...

As for X, I don't have much compunction about that assessment-- and I still don't think LW is winning the region, let alone the state, with Buddy Boeheim Bolden playing QB-- not against a GOOD team-- which X is not. Right now, I'd take Elder to win this region.

As for X, I don't have much compunction about that assessment-- and I still don't think LW is winning the region, let alone the state, with Buddy Boeheim Bolden playing QB-- not against a GOOD team-- which X is not. Right now, I'd take Elder to win this region.
I think Elder is going to beat Moeller. Elder wasn't flashy, but they get after it and get it done.

Post less. West looks great. The defense has given up less than 30 points all year, yet you stay infatuated with the Boldens.

I think Elder is going to beat Moeller. Elder wasn't flashy, but they get after it and get it done.
If Elder can get a running Game going like they did last night next weeks game will be awesome!! The Elder D is pretty stout! Moeller will move the Ball some no matter what, X Offense really couldn’t even move the ball.

Buddy all you do is hate…. Get over it holy smokes it’s sad at this point

Hey - I remember you.

Looking forward to a great trip to Louisville and my first in Shamrock Stadium (or whatever they call it). Been to LSX many times and was at the Papa John's game in 2008 (which was a week late due to a power outage the week before). The 2008 game coincided with the Ryder Cup at Valhalla and made for an unbelievable day of Ryder Cup + St. X at Papa John's - too bad the game wasn't that great.

Anyhow, I'll be there cheering for the Bomber players/high school student athletes as I always do. They have given me so much more over the years (as has this coaching staff) than I have ever given them. They are the ones that bust their butts day-in, day-out trying to get better- trying to win every game. All I do is pay my 10 bucks for the privilege of getting to enjoy that. And for that, each and every one of them deserves nothing more than my utmost support and respect.

BTW, the definition of a troll/fair weather fan is someone who disappears for weeks/months but shows up to bitch when things go south. In the words of Mike Singletary "Cannot play with 'em. Cannot win with 'em. Cannot coach with 'em. Can't do it."

Last edited:
Hey - I remember you.

Looking forward to a great trip to Louisville and my first in Shamrock Stadium (or whatever they call it). Been to LSX many times and was at the Papa John's game in 2008 (which was a week late due to a power outage the week before). The 2008 game coincided with the Ryder Cup at Valhalla and made for an unbelievable day of Ryder Cup + St. X at Papa John's - too bad the game wasn't that great.

Anyhow, I'll be there cheering for the Bomber players/high school student athletes as I always do. They have given me so much more over the years (as has this coaching staff) than I have ever given them. They are the ones that bust their butts day-in, day-out trying to get better- trying to win every game. All I do is pay my 10 bucks for the privilege of getting to enjoy that. And for that, each and every one of them deserves nothing more than my utmost support and respect.

BTW, the definition of a troll/fair weather fan is someone who disappears for weeks/months but shows up to bitch when things go south. In the words of Mike Singletary "Cannot play with 'em. Cannot win with 'em. Cannot coach with 'em. Can't do it."
Enjoy the game--it's a nice stadium (though a bit smaller than X's)... it appears you will see a lot of new (younger) X players "bust their butts" trying to win the game this week. Not sure why the Mike Singletary reference made it into the post-- Mike was a good player who, on the evidence of his coaching record, couldn't win with whichever players he chose to go with. But only YOU said that either of those teams "suck"ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.