Northwest Conference 2022

Here's the distances for each team's away trips this year, and round trip mileage. Ada has by far the shortest travel this year, not making any trips for non-conference games, and the 4 conference games they have are probably the closest for them. Crestview has the most travel by a good amount, the trips to Ada and Leipsic in the same year don't help that. Spencerville is also up there, with their longest conference trips to Leipsic, Ada, and Bluffton all lining up in the same year. They didn't help themselves either with an out of conference game in Paulding instead of Parkway. Spencerville also does not have a week 3 game scheduled yet, so could possibly beat out Crestview. Leipsic's shorter distance surprised me with them being one of the outlier schools geographically, but they also don't have to make trips to Spencerville or Crestview this year.

Screenshot 2022-07-28 113000.jpg

Here's the distances for each team's away trips this year, and round trip mileage. Ada has by far the shortest travel this year, not making any trips for non-conference games, and the 4 conference games they have are probably the closest for them. Crestview has the most travel by a good amount, the trips to Ada and Leipsic in the same year don't help that. Spencerville is also up there, with their longest conference trips to Leipsic, Ada, and Bluffton all lining up in the same year. They didn't help themselves either with an out of conference game in Paulding instead of Parkway. Spencerville also does not have a week 3 game scheduled yet, so could possibly beat out Crestview. Leipsic's shorter distance surprised me with them being one of the outlier schools geographically, but they also don't have to make trips to Spencerville or Crestview this year.

View attachment 32006
Awesome! Next year Crestview has drives to Allen East, CG, & Bluffton correct?

I read in the thread about Covington's issues, that Ft Loramie is playing Spencerville week 3 this year. No idea if true other than what was written in that thread

19 kids on the roster. A couple of decent size lineman and a good running back. They will win some games imo. They took the scrimmage pretty serious A halfback pass and throw back screens. They did not hold back on their play book for a first scrimmage

19 kids on the roster. A couple of decent size lineman and a good running back. They will win some games imo. They took the scrimmage pretty serious A halfback pass and throw back screens. They did not hold back on their play book for a first scscrimmage
Not bad for a 1st year program

Any scrimmage updates? Leipsic hosted Van Buren and North Central
Grove went to Delphos on Saturday to scrimmage St. John's and Bath, definitely looked like the best team there. Offense was slow at the start but I think scored twice in their last set of 6 red zone plays. Defense looked really good as expected with Schafer, Koch, and Schroeder all back at linebacker along with Maag at d-end

Grove went to Delphos on Saturday to scrimmage St. John's and Bath, definitely looked like the best team there. Offense was slow at the start but I think scored twice in their last set of 6 red zone plays. Defense looked really good as expected with Schafer, Koch, and Schroeder all back at linebacker along with Maag at d-end
How’d DSJ look?

I just don't see Crestview as being that much improved over last year. Grove has most of their defense back from the team that absolutely waxed Crestview 38-0.

Crestview should be better but they lose some playmakers from last year's team. I also wonder how much having an Etzler at the helm of the basketball program will take athletes away from the football program much like the elder Etzler did in the 70's and 80's. We shall see..
From what I've seen of Crestview so far, they have the potential to be better on offense than they were last year. They lost a big deep threat in Jackson, but the two guys I've seen on the outside so far in Putman and Jones are very skilled and are 2 and 3 year starters. They also appear to have two pretty good tight ends in Eggleston and Sheets, both tall and strong.

The real question will be at QB and OL. Carson Hunter looks to have taken over at QB full time this year. While he has a good arm, he does tend to stare down receivers and touch seems to be an issue. Of course if the OL can't hold up, then passing will be the least of their problems. OL is where they took some hits with graduation and filling those spots will be harder than just plug and play.

I think Grove is the cream of the crop and don't see anyone knocking them off the top anytime soon!

1. Grove
2. Leipsic
3. Allen East
4. Crestview
5. Jefferson
6. Spencerville
7. Bluffton
8. Ada

Van Wert beat Crestview 41-20, the varsity portion was 27-14 with Pratt going for 2 TD's in the air and 1 on the ground. VW's offense looked really good, defensively Crestview was able to move the ball on them. Crestview's QB was able to run for quite a few yards and their running game had success. I'm assuming they were very vanilla as to not show much for next week, as the passing game was non existent.

Leipsic looked sharp early with their passes against Liberty Center but struggled to run the ball. They probably only had 30-40 yards rushing and 10 of those came on a nice run play on their 2nd possession.

Well, week 1 is finally here. Who do you have in this weeks matchups?

Ada vs. Waynesfield Goshen
Allen East vs. Upper Scioto Valley
Bluffton vs. Cory Rawson
Columbus Grove vs. Pandora
Crestview vs. Parkway
Delphos Jefferson vs. Delphos St. John's
Leipsic vs. Liberty Benton
Spencerville vs. Elida

Going to try my hand at running a Pick 'Em competition this year, for NWC, WBL, and MAC games

I was thinking about it with those 3 plus GMC but figured I wouldn't have enough time to do it right.

I was thinking about it with those 3 plus GMC but figured I wouldn't have enough time to do it right.
Yeah, I thought about adding GMC, BVC, or NWOAL but too many games would get ridiculous. The nucleus of posters from the NWC/MAC/WBL pages should be familiar enough with most games to make it fun

Van Wert beat Crestview 41-20, the varsity portion was 27-14 with Pratt going for 2 TD's in the air and 1 on the ground. VW's offense looked really good, defensively Crestview was able to move the ball on them. Crestview's QB was able to run for quite a few yards and their running game had success. I'm assuming they were very vanilla as to not show much for next week, as the passing game was non existent.
Van Wert is going to have another great year this year. Pratt, Crutchfield, and others on offense were very explosive. I would expect another deep playoff and possibly state run from them this year.