GCL co/ed 2022

1-Badin 5-0 league record
2-McNick 4-1
3-Alter 3-2
This is where it could get interesting
I say Fenwick beats CJ but loses to Carroll. CJ beats Carroll.
Now oddly I say, CJ could be surprise team and beat either/or alter and McNick.

Seems like so few upsets/surprises in the GCL coed. To have fun, no disrespect for any team, just having fun

mine is week 8. Carroll over MCNick. Right in middle in conference play. MCNick 2-0 after a couple of home conference wins. Heading to Dayton. 1-75 backed up, get there late. Sun beating heavily in the visitors bench for the first quarter and half that time of year making it tough to get the offense and defense get the right calls

I hate to type this but I would pump the brakes on McNick. They lost a ton.
I agree. Basically upfront on both offense and defense. Friday night will give us a better perspective of where they are at..some kids need to step up. I see Drew Pastuer has them a 22pt favorite v. IH (I get this is based on last year) I’ll be very surprised if anything close to that happens.

It’ll be interesting to see what the transition period for CJ will be like with Coach White’s double wing offense. When run correctly, some of those Thurgood offenses were very difficult to defend.

Temporarily down, don't bury Alter just yet. This year will be tough but they will rebound in coming years.
Hope so cuz the league needs Alter to be good. Fenwick and Carroll are an anchor around this leagues neck, don’t need Alter to join them

Alter @ Fairmont - Fairmont 24-7
Indian Hill @ McNicholas - McNick 21-14
Carroll @ Ponitz - Carroll was miserable last year and still won this game so I'll take Carroll 14-7
Fenwick @ Franklin - Fenwick was not great last year and still won this game so I'll take Fenwick 17-7
CJ @Eastmoor Academy - dont know anything about Eastmoor but I'll take CJ 28-21
Badin vs Villa Angela St Joseph - again dont know much about VASJ but I'm a homer so I'll take Badin in a close one 24-21

Hope so cuz the league needs Alter to be good. Fenwick and Carroll are an anchor around this leagues neck, don’t need Alter to join them
I doubt that's going to happen. Badin went 2-8 in 2016 and 5-5 in 2017. That's also when Badin invested in a strength coach, a new weight room, and all their sports have been getting really good because of that the past 5-6 years. There's no denial there because they had some bad teams in boys and girls. But their volleyball programs, girls' basketball, track, and others besides the traditional baseball/softball have had lots of deep tourney success.

It’ll be interesting to see what the transition period for CJ will be like with Coach White’s double wing offense. When run correctly, some of those Thurgood offenses were very difficult to defend.
Coach White does a great job and that offense will give teams fits with those CJ boys

I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the Badin football players have wanted to go to Badin since the first grade.
I'm not sure its 90 but your point is well taken. Most kids that attend the hamilton/fairfield/west chester catholic grade schools likely would be badin families.

A quick review of the Knights ( and Firebirds). The Sophomore Quarterback Gavin Connor has a strong arm is mobile and is a nice athlete. I suspect as his career goes on he will be a good player. These teams combined for 6 turnovers in the first half. The score was 0-0 with 8 seconds to go in the half when Fairmont blocked an Alter FG attempt and returned it 72 yards for a td. Play was a game changer. Alter does not show much in the way of a dynamic runner and they were worn down by a lack of a running game. 27 carries for about 30 yards by my unofficial count. They threw the entire second half after an opening drive fg and a Drew Baker 74-yard run made it 17-0 Fairmont early in the third. I had Baker for just over 200 yards rushing for the game. I thought Alter's linebackers were solid but the line was overmatched and fatigued over the course of the game. I disagree with Knightnight about Alter being done. They are still well coached and will win their share of games. Just not as big a share as normal as they may not be able to grind things out on the ground. Connor will produce some passing success, which is fine stat wise, but does not win HS football games with consistency in my opinion. As he matures as a runner, they will get better. I see them winning more or less half of their games this season. Fairmont will not win in the GWOC with 3 first half turnovers....but they are also well coached and I love Dave Miller's run first approach. They missed a wide open long pass down the middle in the first half as well as fumbling on the Alter 1-yard line or this game could have been won by a wider margin. They will need to diversify their running game as well. Baker ( I will guess by style and substance he had a brother who was a nice back a few years ago) can carry the load against some teams, but will need a spell and an additonal threat for them to move deeply in the playoffs.

A quick review of the Knights ( and Firebirds). The Sophomore Quarterback Gavin Connor has a strong arm is mobile and is a nice athlete. I suspect as his career goes on he will be a good player. These teams combined for 6 turnovers in the first half. The score was 0-0 with 8 seconds to go in the half when Fairmont blocked an Alter FG attempt and returned it 72 yards for a td. Play was a game changer. Alter does not show much in the way of a dynamic runner and they were worn down by a lack of a running game. 27 carries for about 30 yards by my unofficial count. They threw the entire second half after an opening drive fg and a Drew Baker 74-yard run made it 17-0 Fairmont early in the third. I had Baker for just over 200 yards rushing for the game. I thought Alter's linebackers were solid but the line was overmatched and fatigued over the course of the game. I disagree with Knightnight about Alter being done. They are still well coached and will win their share of games. Just not as big a share as normal as they may not be able to grind things out on the ground. Connor will produce some passing success, which is fine stat wise, but does not win HS football games with consistency in my opinion. As he matures as a runner, they will get better. I see them winning more or less half of their games this season. Fairmont will not win in the GWOC with 3 first half turnovers....but they are also well coached and I love Dave Miller's run first approach. They missed a wide open long pass down the middle in the first half as well as fumbling on the Alter 1-yard line or this game could have been won by a wider margin. They will need to diversify their running game as well. Baker ( I will guess by style and substance he had a brother who was a nice back a few years ago) can carry the load against some teams, but will need a spell and an additonal threat for them to move deeply in the playoffs.
I didn't say they were done, look at my past posts. I believe they will grow as the season goes on and get better.

I didn't say they were done, look at my past posts. I believe they will grow as the season goes on and get better.

No they are done. Talked to some former state champions who said they saw Ed Domsitz outside the locker room crying and having a meltdown after the game. Might be Eds last year if he even finishes the season. Mental Health is a serious issue guys!

Oops.. sorry, it was Zeeman who said they were done. I sincerely apologize for the mistake. Not my first, probably not my last. I am sorry.

Fenwick 36 Franklin 14 Final. Fenwick controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. Hooks made some great plays to keep drives going. Only thing that kept Fenwick from scoring 50 was penalties. Freshmen Vann had some nice touches and nice 20 plus yard td run to finish out the scoring. Surprised by Fenwicks kicker. Great leg. Putting kickoffs out of the end zone and can hit from fgs from 40 yard plus with ease.