GCL co/ed 2022

Badin v Hamilton in Week 1 the next 2 years. Good to see these public v private matchups in the same city. Should shape up to be a good game!
Love these matchups Alter v Fairmont is always such a fun matchup. Kids live by each other, see each other at the stores. Its a big deal for the families bragging rights.

Love these matchups Alter v Fairmont is always such a fun matchup. Kids live by each other, see each other at the stores. Its a big deal for the families bragging rights.
Fairmont will pick the score in the Backyard Battle this year. Alter will be competing to not see a running clock

Unfortunately the Badin/ Hamilton game has to wait until Wk 1 of '23. They were going to play in '22 but West Clermont wouldn't let Hamilton out of their contract. Badin is still gameless in Wk 1 of '22.

Am hearing there is a good chance Alter is getting bumped down to D4.
I‘m almost sure of this. Alter has about 30 boys fewer then McNick. McNick has actually increased enrollment while Alter is going in the other direction. Actually think there’s a chance the Rockets move up to D3. Guess we will find out soon.

League predictions:

Badin
McNicholas
Fenwick
Carroll

Badin continues to dominate and is headed in the right direction of becoming the new power. Alter has slipped even though they have had more talent the past few years; Simply put, Badin outcoaches and outplays Alter.

I believe Alter's enrollment slipped a bit, it is headed back up with 160+? coming in next year and they have 30+ football kids in the upcoming freshman class. McNicholas took a big dip a couple of years ago. I am not sure where their numbers are right now. I think Fenwick, Alter, and McNicholas will be D4, while Carroll, Badin, and CJ will be D3 because of competitive balance. I read somewhere that Badin is hitting new highs in enrollment.

League predictions:

Badin
McNicholas
Fenwick
Carroll

Badin continues to dominate and is headed in the right direction of becoming the new power. Alter has slipped even though they have had more talent the past few years; Simply put, Badin outcoaches and outplays Alter.

I believe Alter's enrollment slipped a bit, it is headed back up with 160+? coming in next year and they have 30+ football kids in the upcoming freshman class. McNicholas took a big dip a couple of years ago. I am not sure where their numbers are right now. I think Fenwick, Alter, and McNicholas will be D4, while Carroll, Badin, and CJ will be D3 because of competitive balance. I read somewhere that Badin is hitting new highs in enrollment.
Yes McNicholas enrollment is on the upswing. I don’t know the numbers but parents who have kids in school have confirmed this. Rockets have 33 Freshmen signed up for the Fall. Varsity may also have 2-3 transfers (can’t confirm). I think that Badin sits in Hamilton is a plus for enrollment. If you can pay the tuition where would you rather said your child?

League predictions:

Badin
McNicholas
Fenwick
Carroll

Badin was better team last few years, they have a vast amount of talent and a great coach. Alter is 3-3 versus Badin since 2018. No denying Badin is building a great program. I would argue your comment on "out-coaches & better talent for Alter." Badin has talent. Alter though sometimes ( like any school) makes questionable calls, they have a legendary Head coach.

Think you are right about divisions. It all depends on how much the parameters of the division moves and the competitive balance numbers. Yet if things were to stay as or close to as they were last time measured Alter will move down to D4. The freshman class does not factor into the competitive balance numbers. Alter only had a couple freshman play in varsity game last year.

League predictions:

Badin
McNicholas
Fenwick
Carroll

I agree with this prediction. I believe as Badin has continued to build, other schools have been somewhat complacent. Seeing other schools facilities improving yearly and others not has continued to level the playing field. I had the opportunity to see Badin’s weight room and it put things into perspective.

My league predictions
Badin- loses their QB but they just reload with Ritzie who stepped in last year and lead them to state. They also lose a 1000 yard rusher. But senior UC commit Brayden Moore should put up huge numbers this year. I don't see them losing a league game.

I can honestly see this being a tossup, all these teams lose valuable guys and will be extremely young in some places.
McNick- They lose their QB who threw for almost 1700 yards. Lose their they best 2 defensive players who combined for 174 tackles combined. They do return their workhorse rusher who they will more than likely feed this coming year.
CJ- They lose their do everything player in Kenyon Owens and also lose their QB Chandler. They bring in new coach Earl White who replaces Colvin. I am expecting Peltier who recently committed to play baseball at Wright State, to switch positions from WR to QB this season. They do bring back defensive linemen Nesta Owens who has 113 tackles this past season.
Alter- They lose everything. But Ed Domsitz is a legend, they have made the playoffs like 22 straight years. They will be young no doubt but I expect them to grow up early, like week 1. They do bring back their young QB Connor who I can see being a star in the future.
Again all these teams up here except Alter, is replacing their QB.

Carroll- Brings back QB Chapman. Loses Braun who has 16 tackles last year.
Fenwick- Jude hooks?

New turf usually runs around $500K now doesn't it? That's just replacement cost since you are not starting from scratch with foundation or drainage system etc. I know Alter is putting new turf in as soon as the Fall Sports Season ends. A combination of poor maintenance and over-usage has caused poor conditions in the last few years...

New turf usually runs around $500K now doesn't it? That's just replacement cost since you are not starting from scratch with foundation or drainage system etc. I know Alter is putting new turf in as soon as the Fall Sports Season ends. A combination of poor maintenance and over-usage has caused poor conditions in the last few years...
So that’s why Badin’s kicking that a..

A quick look at the competitive balance numbers it doesn’t appear any GCL Coed teams moved from their 2021 designation. I did see Bacon moved from D5 to D4. Carroll, Badin, CJ D3…Fenwick, Alter, McNick D4.

A quick look at the competitive balance numbers it doesn’t appear any GCL Coed teams moved from their 2021 designation. I did see Bacon moved from D5 to D4. Carroll, Badin, CJ D3…Fenwick, Alter, McNick D4.
What is going on at Alter? They are closer to D5 than D3.

1655243839589.jpeg

Fenwick will be better without him. No cure for cancer.Jude Hooks transferring to Lebanon?!!?
i believe he is still at Fenwick. Supposedly inquired about Lakota West, but they have a couple D1 receivers and DB’s, so probably smart move to stay. I think he is only a 4.8 40 guy, so Fenwick a better fit

I guess there is some good that comes out of 7v7 matchups how are the GCL Coed teams looking? Opening night just a few weeks away. Rockets had there first 7 v 7 against Highland cancelled (heat); second was tonight v. Turpin. Receiving corps is a strength with 2 Wideouts and TE returning. New junior QB but staff seems happy with him from what I’ve heard. Sophomore can sling it as well.