Dublin Coffman 2022

You know what? This is where Brad Westly fires the gun in the air at the double deuce and says “‘. That’s enough”. This isn’t working out Dalton “. . I know you’ve asked me to find a new hobby . Call it a day . Move along . This is a new golden era of Coffman football . AHM didn’t like the previous era. Didn’t line the changing demos I am certain . Didn’t like a lot of things . He seemed to love last year though . He loves this year’s team. He loves trashing the lack of bonding and kids not working at all in his friend Marks regime.( look it up it’s here ) . So here we are with me rooting for these kids and AHM trying to be proven right that Crabtree and his team didn’t work at it and this morning and this is the true “ Golden era “ of Coffman football “. His words . Exact words .
2022 Rocks

I’m sure those parents are appreciative of the work ethic he is instilling in them. There’s no denying they work hard. That’s part of the reason why I think they will be better. But don’t confuse that with character. You know what people of character don’t do? When faced with a little adversity, they don’t openly trash other people who gave 20 years to a school. They also don’t openly trash kids or coaches who don’t choose to be in the program anymore.
so what is your relationship to Coffman football, do you have a son that played or plays for the Rocks?

2022 Rocks
New fan . You have a few real diehard fans of yours over on the troll thread? You have a lot more in common with them no ? Ok stay here. This is where people come as you know . Nothing to do
with you and other trolls of course . But shouldn’t you be at least a little loyal to your trusted trolls on the other thread who have supported you so ardently for so long when they live no where near here ? They care nothing about your beloved program ? Be loyal. . It’s a good quality. Especially when you brought them here 2022 Rocks

New fan . You have a few real diehard fans of yours over on the troll thread? You have a lot more in common with them no ? Ok stay here. This is where people come as you know . Nothing to do
with you and other trolls of course . But shouldn’t you be at least a little loyal to your trusted trolls on the other thread who have supported you so ardently for so long when they live no where near here ? They care nothing about your beloved program ? Be loyal. . It’s a good quality. Especially when you brought them here 2022 Rocks
One thing that I forgot AHM , not a good thing to say “. WE “ in reference to these two Dayton trash and Jackson loyalists . Every person here knows what and who they are (. Not good at all in any way whatsoever ) Not a good look for you as the season starts . Just trying to help

One thing that I forgot AHM , not a good thing to say “. WE “ in reference to these two Dayton trash and Jackson loyalists . Every person here knows what and who they are (. Not good at all in any way whatsoever ) Not a good look for you as the season starts . Just trying to help
2022 Rocks

The Pick sports guy was asking a question about expectations concerning a scrimmage . It’s a scrimmage . The expectation would usually be to get better . Be better than you were the scrimmage before . Figure some things out . Kids trying to win jobs may be . I think he was really asking “ do you think you can compete with us . Well the expectation is fur the kids to compete . Play hard . Play fundamentally sound tough football . The opponent will be bigger than them overall and faster . Just compete and be as sound fundamentally as you can .

He’s putting them in an uncomfortable situation. So may be the expectation is to grow up a bit as a team .

Minster guys have told me off the record and in these spaces that Stokes came to Minster and kind of “ judged “ in less than a charitable way the way coach Moore did things . He did the same at Coffman . It’s his way of letting the kids know they need to be ready to take the work to a new level . There isn’t going to be any excuses and compared to what you will go through with me ? You were spoiled . You don’t know what work is . Is it ideal to take this approach ? Probably not . I get why some folks took offense . Especially with him taking this tact with successful coaches and or programs he was coming into .

It’s just his method to his madness so to speak . Not the worst thing in the world and its likely successful in motivating many kids . We all have done things to get a certain reaction and bring things to light using methods that can be uncomfortable in general. He’s been successful and kids have gotten better in his program . He left Minster when he did for a reason as most coaches do . He came to Coffman at a similar time as Minster was in terms of a lesser talent cycle . He’s implementing his system , culture and doesn’t accept any excuses . An old coach once said to us that if you give an athlete an excuse to lose or not work “. He will take it “ . If you lower the bar and expectations kids will follow accordingly . Stokes methods aren’t going to be a hit with everyone and it will be hard and uncomfortable at times as the Minster parents will tell you including one who actually posts here once in a while . But in the end the kids will benefit . That’s the point . It won’t be pretty and talking bad about previous coaches is probably not completely necessary but it’s his program and no one is perfect .

Scrimmages are practice. Personnel is still trying to be decided. Several different quarterbacks took snaps with the 1s last Saturday. I’d expect similar this week with a lot of positions.

The Pick sports guy was asking a question about expectations concerning a scrimmage . It’s a scrimmage . The expectation would usually be to get better . Be better than you were the scrimmage before . Figure some things out . Kids trying to win jobs may be . I think he was really asking “ do you think you can compete with us . Well the expectation is fur the kids to compete . Play hard . Play fundamentally sound tough football . The opponent will be bigger than them overall and faster . Just compete and be as sound fundamentally as you can .

He’s putting them in an uncomfortable situation. So may be the expectation is to grow up a bit as a team .

Minster guys have told me off the record and in these spaces that Stokes came to Minster and kind of “ judged “ in less than a charitable way the way coach Moore did things . He did the same at Coffman . It’s his way of letting the kids know they need to be ready to take the work to a new level . There isn’t going to be any excuses and compared to what you will go through with me ? You were spoiled . You don’t know what work is . Is it ideal to take this approach ? Probably not . I get why some folks took offense . Especially with him taking this tact with successful coaches and or programs he was coming into .

It’s just his method to his madness so to speak . Not the worst thing in the world and its likely successful in motivating many kids . We all have done things to get a certain reaction and bring things to light using methods that can be uncomfortable in general. He’s been successful and kids have gotten better in his program . He left Minster when he did for a reason as most coaches do . He came to Coffman at a similar time as Minster was in terms of a lesser talent cycle . He’s implementing his system , culture and doesn’t accept any excuses . An old coach once said to us that if you give an athlete an excuse to lose or not work “. He will take it “ . If you lower the bar and expectations kids will follow accordingly . Stokes methods aren’t going to be a hit with everyone and it will be hard and uncomfortable at times as the Minster parents will tell you including one who actually posts here once in a while . But in the end the kids will benefit . That’s the point . It won’t be pretty and talking bad about previous coaches is probably not completely necessary but it’s his program and no one is perfect .
No, my question was really just trying to see what you expected to get out of the scrimmage. For example, establishing a consistent run game, find out who is going to to be QB1, not lose the line of scrimmage. "Winning" a scrimmage means nothing IMO. Also, my question was timed to just break up the internet cat fight that has taken over this thread. Since you guys are coming to Pick Town tomorrow, I will let you in on a little secret. When the Pick Central and Pick North dads are bickering, we head over to the train tracks and throw down. Then we all go to the brewery next to the stadium to talk about it. As far as I know, the train tracks are open tomorrow.

No, my question was really just trying to see what you expected to get out of the scrimmage. For example, establishing a consistent run game, find out who is going to to be QB1, not lose the line of scrimmage. "Winning" a scrimmage means nothing IMO. Also, my question was timed to just break up the internet cat fight that has taken over this thread. Since you guys are coming to Pick Town tomorrow, I will let you in on a little secret. When the Pick Central and Pick North dads are bickering, we head over to the train tracks and throw down. Then we all go to the brewery next to the stadium to talk about it. As far as I know, the train tracks are open tomorrow.
I’ll be there tomorrow Harry said he’ll be there too. Should be fun.

Thanks for that Kat . It was a great article .Very encouraging going forward .
that article explains what Stokes is ALL about to a T....

Kids not showing up till August.... is funny as H..... that will NOT be allowed, the kid might as well pick up the game of golf.... players are accountable to each other....

I know I’ve been really involved in this thread for many years and I have enjoyed watching the program with over the years and doing the huddle (. Boss pick ‘em ) which evolved into doing some fun write ups predicting the games using the Pasteur line and continuing that here . That being said and I know you’re being less than serious here obviously but I don’t care enough to want to know or meet anyone from this forum never mind get worked up
In person . I couldn’t care less who anyone is and what they do enough to meet anyone . I love some passionate disagreement. Like the give and take . But the overt trolls being around is a new dynamic . Here anyway . There is a place for that . The “ debate “ political forum .
Why some wanted to bring that here is the work of some pretty messed up people ,

I think this thread will be just fine going forward as it has been for many years . The coaches would know what specifically what expectations are or what they will emphasize . We will just watch and see . Hopefully it’s a good scrimmage for both in terms of getting something positive out of it and of course we all hope no one gets hurt . Scrimmages are necessary but you hate to see injuries at this time of year especially after the work most kids put in

Last edited:
that article explains what Stokes is ALL about to a T....

Kids not showing up till August.... is funny as H..... that will NOT be allowed, the kid might as well pick up the game of golf.... players are accountable to each other....
Again, not sure about the MAC and smaller schools, but whoever is trying to play it off, the concept of “not showing up til August”, as if that was a thing at Coffman, is just plain ignorant.
BigKat, does it make sense to you, that at the D1 level, Coffman under Crabtree, had as much success as they did with kids coming and going as they please? Not working out in the winter? No discipline or toughness? Just a rag-tag crew that somehow managed to not have a .500 season in 20 years?

That’s where Stokes and his “process” lose with me. It’s not much different than the norm for probably 90% of coaches in Ohio, but somehow he sells it as a revolutionary “process”.

“All you have to do is work out hard in the off-season to compete with the PCs and St.Xs of the world, who routinely have double-digit guys going D1 college.”

I wish it were that simple, but it’s not.

I know you’re be been really involved in this thread for many years and I have enjoyed watching the program with vet the years and doing the huddle (. Boss pick ‘em ) which evolved into doing some fun write ups predicting the games using the Pasteur line and continuing that here . That being said and I know you’re being less than serious here obviously but I don’t care enough to want to know or meet anyone from this forum . I love some passionate disagreement. Like the give and take . But the overt trolls being around is a new dynamic . Here anyway . There is a place for that . The “ debate “ political forum .
Why some wanted to bring that here is the work of some pretty messed up people ,

I think this thread will be just fine going forward as it has been for many years . The coaches would know what specifically what expectations are or what they will emphasize . We will just watch and see . Hopefully it’s a good scrimmage for both in terms of getting something positive out of it and of course we all hope no one gets hurt . Scrimmages are necessary but you hate to see injuries at this time of year especially
Let’s clarify something now and forever. This would be a good time to try and carry over the values of the Coffman football program to the fans

Here’s what “messed up people do”. They do bad things. They break laws. They hurt people.
people that argue over message boards are not “messed up people”.

you call people names and why? Because they argue with you on a message board? You call the two that debate with you his “GF”. If I didn’t know better I’d say that is a totally unacceptable homophobic slur.

what is your definition of “messed up people?”

I know the PC Players read posts on this site from time to time as I have had them show me screen shots. I have to assume they are not the only team/players that read things posted on this site.

Again, not sure about the MAC and smaller schools, but whoever is trying to play it off, the concept of “not showing up til August”, as if that was a thing at Coffman, is just plain ignorant.
BigKat, does it make sense to you, that at the D1 level, Coffman under Crabtree, had as much success as they did with kids coming and going as they please? Not working out in the winter? No discipline or toughness? Just a rag-tag crew that somehow managed to not have a .500 season in 20 years?

That’s where Stokes and his “process” lose with me. It’s not much different than the norm for probably 90% of coaches in Ohio, but somehow he sells it as a revolutionary “process”.

“All you have to do is work out hard in the off-season to compete with the PCs and St.Xs of the world, who routinely have double-digit guys going D1 college.”

not sure about kids at Coffman, but under Stokes, you were not allowed to miss the 6am workouts, the player was responsible for being there, and if he wasn't , the group paid for a kid not being there.... didn't matter if it was a 3 year starter or a wide eyed freshman, kids did not miss workouts, and that is part of what Stokes is about.... thats part of the process, I am not going to blame ANY coach for putting down their rules, it has been successful for Stokes, so i know a lot of posters on here have a problem with the way Stokes runs the program, but guess what he does not care a rats about what other people think, he is only worried about the boys in the locker room.. it's that simple...

by the way where does he say that all you have to do is work hard in the off season and compete with the St X and the Pick Cent teams of the world..... thats just part of process.

Let’s clarify something now and forever. This would be a good time to try and carry over the values of the Coffman football program to the fans

Here’s what “messed up people do”. They do bad things. They break laws. They hurt people.
people that argue over message boards are not “messed up people”.

you call people names and why? Because they argue with you on a message board? You call the two that debate with you his “GF”. If I didn’t know better I’d say that is a totally unacceptable homophobic slur.

what is your definition of “messed up people?”
They partake in that stuff all the time . They came here to troll and you know it .You have always.been a negative infrequent poster in these spaces for years .Now it’s a full time thing . That’s the truth . A bit of troll yourself . Not in their class of course . They threatened to come here a few years ago . But did not. They obviously don’t care or should care about this program . You being a jerk gave them some cover and you actually align more with these guys as you seem to be defending them even though it’s crystal clear they are only here to wreak havoc .

People who get a rush over trying to bother people , irritate people , troll people personally and get joy out of it and take pride in being this way are messed up IMO . May be you think differently . Again they came here . I never go where they are or where anyone else is looking to cause trouble only . That’s them . That’s messed up .

so what type of requirements did Crabtree have for his offseason workouts?

They partake in that stuff all the time . They came here to troll and you know it .You have always.been a negative infrequent poster in these spaces for years .Now it’s a full time thing . That’s the truth . A bit of troll yourself . Not in their class of course . They threatened to come here a few years ago . But did not. They obviously don’t care or should care about this program . You being a jerk gave them some cover and you actually align more with these guys as you seem to be defending them even though it’s crystal clear they are only here to wreak havoc .

People who get a rush over trying to bother people , irritate people , troll people personally and get joy out of it and take pride in being this way are messed up IMO . May be you think differently . Again they came here . I never go where they are or where anyone else is looking to cause trouble only . That’s them . That’s messed up .
You’re right. I think differently. I’m Looking forward to Thursdays scrimmage.

All due respect, it doesn’t matter. This is here and now. If that’s the way stokes sees it, so be it. It doesn’t really matter. He’s doing the job he was hired to do. If he thinks that the program lacked character and work ethic and won only on talent, by being the head coach he’s earned the right to say and do different. This is who the rocks are now.

You’re right. I think differently. I’m Looking forward to Thursdays scrimmage.
Of course you think differently . I wasn’t wrong about you after all . ( not a compliment ) So were you a DeSakes game attendee most Fridays over the years ? Just curious

Last edited:
All due respect, it doesn’t matter. This is here and now. If that’s the way stokes sees it, so be it. It doesn’t really matter. He’s doing the job he was hired to do. If he thinks that the program lacked character and work ethic and won only on talent, by being the head coach he’s earned the right to say and do different. This is who the rocks are now.
of course he is, i'm just wondering did kids have to be at the workouts, was it a requirement, there seems to be alot of knowledgeable Coffman posters on here that could answer that question.

Of course you think differently . I wasn’t wrong about you after all . So were you a DeSakes game attendee most Fridays over the years ? Just curious
I go to a different game most weeks rocks are on the road since I retired. I have lots of desales connections in the years when they are good I go to a lot of their games.

Again, “be there”, very similar to almost every coach in the state. Again, 20 years of tremendous success at theD1 level and you think for a second that offseason training was not pushed and 100% mandatory (with the occasional outlier). The program would’ve never achieved that amount of success at the D1 level if it was just a free-wheeling, come and go as you please program. You’d have to be completely ignorant of all things football to believe that ??.

Punish the entire team if a 3-sport player, for example, misses a workout because he just wrestled the night before and has another match coming up in a day, he would punish the entire team for that? Or is it just “no-call, no-shows? Just trying to figure the “process” out.

Of course you think differently . I wasn’t wrong about you after all . So were you a DeSakes game attendee most Fridays over the years ? Just curious
Answering that question honestly is going to cause a ruckus.

the loyalists are going to say they were all there all the time.

Those who saw it different will say the players who proclaimed themselves stars came and went as they wanted and worked out with who they wanted.

I’ll let them banter among themselves. Nothing to gain by it and this talk only moves things backward.

I believe stokes literally said the program had kids that didn’t show up until august so his words probably mean something.

Again, “be there”, very similar to almost every coach in the state. Again, 20 years of tremendous success at theD1 level and you think for a second that offseason training was not pushed and 100% mandatory (with the occasional outlier). The program would’ve never achieved that amount of success at the D1 level if it was just a free-wheeling, come and go as you please program. You’d have to be completely ignorant of all things football to believe that ??.

Punish the entire team if a 3-sport player, for example, misses a workout because he just wrestled the night before and has another match coming up in a day, he would punish the entire team for that? Or is it just “no-call, no-shows? Just trying to figure the “process” out.
If you really want to know just ask him. He’ll answer you.