The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was very faithful to the books. The Hobbit not so much. To me the difference in quality between the two is quite noticeable and is due in no small part to the advantages of adhering as closely as possible to Tolkien's vision.

To be fair to Peter Jackson, the Hobbit wasn't his fault. The studio brought him in last minute and gave him less than a year to turn the movies out and then asked that they be made a trilogy. Considering that, they're pretty solid. I enjoyed inserting some of the extra content found in LOTR from that time as well. But the forced romance and some of the goofy stuff in Laketown brought it down considerably.

I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about at this point, and you're arguing against things people aren't even saying. You also appear to be one of the last people that should be calling anyone else a racist, especially when you don't seem to understand what it means.

The character Maui is based on the real Polynesian God of Maui, who's real at least to some people in the world. That's why his race would matter.

There are no real elves in our world. Maybe that's news to you. Arda is not a real place. Maybe that's also news to you.

And if you can't understand the difference between movie canon and book canon, that's on you.

Maui is as real as Gandalf. I believe you understand this but refuse to budge on your stance out of pure spite.

Telling people they don't understand the meaning of words when they clearly do is a poor debate tactic. It makes you look foolish. In the future, debate the topic.

There is no such thing as movie vs book canon. Canon is source material. Source material is the books, in the case of Tolkien. You are inventing things.

And another IP goes down. Congrats to BJ fan and his woke cult for destroying 99% of pop culture and entertainment. The only thing missing is the who comes in and dominates the women.

Last edited:
Nothing could be less GTA than a woke game. There have been rumor of internal chaos at Rockstar, this could be part of it. I hope it’s a leak meant to show the backlash. People have been waiting like 10 years for a new GTA, but this isn’t what they want.

No, it’s the part about Rockstar culture becoming “progressive.”
So... putting an optional female player (that no one is forcing you to play as) and making it have less stupid and usually un-funny racist jokes is woke? lmao

And you're claiming it's the "beginning of the end" for Rockstar as if GTA VI won't be the biggest game of the 20s, Red Dead continues to rack up insane sales, etc. They will be just fine without a few angry white boys who think everything revolves around them

Moving the goalposts now lol

Dude is a loser who caters to the psychos found in the grossest parts of Reddit
No, the losers are people, like you, ruining our entertainment. The reason he has an audience is bc a lot of people are sick of this woke trash. And people even tolerate more of it than they did a few years ago, but when it’s constantly hammered as the plot to everything, people get pissed.

So... putting an optional female player (that no one is forcing you to play as) and making it have less stupid and usually un-funny racist jokes is woke? lmao

And you're claiming it's the "beginning of the end" for Rockstar as if GTA VI won't be the biggest game of the 20s, Red Dead continues to rack up insane sales, etc. They will be just fine without a few angry white boys who think everything revolves around them
The point of GTA was to be a raunchy, unflitered parody of the extremes of US society. Red Dead is their serious series that’s supposed to have more depth & maturity.

I also like how you just dismiss us as dumb “white boys”, ask Battlefield and COD how getting woke went for them. How is NFLX doing? Didn’t Lightyear flop? But yeah, it’s totally just a few neckbeards who will boycott.

No, the losers are people, like you, ruining our entertainment. The reason he has an audience is bc a lot of people are sick of this woke trash. And people even tolerate more of it than they did a few years ago, but when it’s constantly hammered as the plot to everything, people get pissed.
Who is ruining entertainment? What specifically do you recall that has been "ruined" by the "woke mob"

News flash: everyone has an audience. Look at that racist Milo guy, the crazies on the far right or extreme left. This entire thread has been kept going because you lot are STILL mad there are black people in a world full of hobbits, magic, wizards, orcs, giant eyes, etc. Nobody with any actual life gives two ****s

Last edited:
The point of GTA was to be a raunchy, unflitered parody of the extremes of US society. Red Dead is their serious series that’s supposed to have more depth & maturity.

I also like how you just dismiss us as dumb “white boys”, ask Battlefield and COD how getting woke went for them. How is NFLX doing? Didn’t Lightyear flop? But yeah, it’s totally just a few neckbeards who will boycott.
The US is already a parody of itself. I'm sure GTA VI will continue to be just like the others, just not as in your face and not as many unnecessary/un-funny jokes. There will still be raunchy jokes and visuals, the girls will still be used as sex objects, you will be able to kill scores of people, etc.

COD's last entry was one of the the best selling games of 2021. And this year's entry will be one of the best selling of 2020. Netflix is tanking because there is too much content that people don't want. Shouldn't you be bringing up Amazon, since that the service the subject of this thread is on? I wonder why you avoided that?

And yes, it is mainly the neckbeards. This is a fictional entertainment outlet. If you don't like it, don't purchase it. You lot love to pile on people on the left for whining, but that is literally all you do when someone says "Hey, we're gonna change this just a bit." You act like someone is committing genocide and wiped out your entire family

Get over it

I think this works, but ONLY if they make it clear up front that they are treating it as an "alternate reality" since the Women's league never ended up being integrated in real life.

One of the best shows on television right now is For All Mankind, which completely re-writes their own history of the space race and how things play out differently if the Russians had reached the moon first and not abandoned their space program. Not just how both space programs change, but how the world as a whole changes.

If this show follows that same premise and focus on the intregration of the league and how that would have changed things socially and politically in the US, then I think they could have an interesting show on their hands. They have to lean into that though and not try and pass this off as anything that took place in real history. If it doesn't, it deserves the criticism it will get.

Last edited:

The US is already a parody of itself. I'm sure GTA VI will continue to be just like the others, just not as in your face and not as many unnecessary/un-funny jokes. There will still be raunchy jokes and visuals, the girls will still be used as sex objects, you will be able to kill scores of people, etc.

COD's last entry was one of the the best selling games of 2021. And this year's entry will be one of the best selling of 2020. Netflix is tanking because there is too much content that people don't want. Shouldn't you be bringing up Amazon, since that the service the subject of this thread is on? I wonder why you avoided that?

And yes, it is mainly the neckbeards. This is a fictional entertainment outlet. If you don't like it, don't purchase it. You lot love to pile on people on the left for whining, but that is literally all you do when someone says "Hey, we're gonna change this just a bit." You act like someone is committing genocide and wiped out your entire family

Get over it
Amazon is barely a streaming service, most people have Prime for free shipping. And how’d those COD games sell compared to past entries at their peak?

And no, going to keep fighting bc c**ts like you, who have infested writing rooms across the world like bed bugs, are ruining entertainment. It wasn’t enough to just have your own section of s**tty woke entertainment, you had to ruin everyone else’s. Well f*** you and everything you stand for.

I think this works, but ONLY if they make it clear up front that they are treating it as an "alternate reality" since the Women's league never ended up being integrated in real life.

One of the best shows on television right now is For All Mankind, which completely re-writes their own history of the space race and how things play out differently if the Russians had reached the moon first and not abandoned their space program. Not just how both space programs change, but how the world as a whole changes.

If this show follows that same premise and focus on the intregration of the league and how that would have changed things socially and politically in the US, then I think they could have an interesting show on their hands. They have to lean into that though and not try and pass this off as anything that took place in real history. If it doesn't, it deserves the criticism it will get.
It’s going to suck. Again, fake integration, and the forced Lesbian storylines are seeking its fate.

Who is ruining entertainment? What specifically do you recall that has been "ruined" by the "woke mob"

News flash: everyone has an audience. Look at that racist Milo guy, the crazies on the far right or extreme left. This entire thread has been kept going because you lot are STILL mad there are black people in a world full of hobbits, magic, wizards, orcs, giant eyes, etc. Nobody with any actual life gives two ****s
I gave you a laundry list of things ruined by wokeness. And Milo isn’t even in the media anymore, but he was right about Ghostbusters 2016.

No group has proven themselves less funny the past 6 or 7 years than Progressives. They're not even not-funny, they're anti-funny. So anti-funny they tried to create a "post-comedy" environment where "comedians" just preach their political BS and will attack funny people who don't fall in line with their views.

GTA's satirical, no-punches-pulled comedy has always been equally a source of its acclaim and its controversy. It's probably the most important part of it. F-ing with it fundamentally changes what it is.

Last edited: