2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bengals played 5 games yesterday down in Canton. They went 4-1. Nick Illiano was being called “the quiet assassin”. QB competition in camp ?

Last edited:
If iliano is shorter, I think I saw him throwing at raw talent of winter. I took my nephew and asked him who the shorter qb was wearing Benedictine shirt!
He was making some great throws,
He said he was freshman at bene. Tough situation for that kid, I know of 3 public schools he would be starter day one. Football in Ohio, has become the haves and have nots.

If iliano is shorter, I think I saw him throwing at raw talent of winter. I took my nephew and asked him who the shorter qb was wearing Benedictine shirt!
He was making some great throws,
He said he was freshman at bene. Tough situation for that kid, I know of 3 public schools he would be starter day one. Football in Ohio, has become the haves and have nots.
You probably met Nick Barker, another one of our sophomore QBs
Iliano is almost as tall as Kaltenbach

Well the rich get richer, that’s my point. Before the movie (will smith) concussion came out. Football was strong everywhere. Since that movie ,football involvement has decreased 100%
I know in my community they had 3 teams at youth level every year. Now they struggle to field one team. Combined 7/8 grade teams now. Each used to have 30 kids in each grade. CYO used to have 1tean per big parish. Now 5 parishes make up one team. If this trend continues, you will see PUBLIC school systems have to pair up. To field a team

Last edited:
Well the rich get richer, that’s my point. Before the movie (will smith) concussion came out. Football was strong everywhere. Since that movie ,football involvement has decreased 100%
I know in my community they had 3 teams at youth level every year. Now they struggle to field one team. Combined 7/8 grade teams now. Each used to have 30 kids in each grade. CYO used to have 1tean per big parish. Now 5 parishes make up one team. If this trend continues, you will see PUBLIC school systems have to pair up. To field a team
What you talking about D6 and 7 public teams

What you talking about D6 and 7 public teams
No I’m talking normal public schools D-3 , D-4
They are not pulling the kids of years past
I blame the movie (concussion) that was when the first decline happened, now I blame video games as well. Kids don’t want to work. The non powerhouse public schools that do not have football culture. Are struggling to assemble teams or any depth on teams. Don’t believe me. Go down to D-3 and look how many teams have freshman teams anymore. D-4 as well

No I’m talking normal public schools D-3 , D-4
They are not pulling the kids of years past
I blame the movie (concussion) that was when the first decline happened, now I blame video games as well. Kids don’t want to work. The non powerhouse public schools that do not have football culture. Are struggling to assemble teams or any depth on teams. Don’t believe me. Go down to D-3 and look how many teams have freshman teams anymore. D-4 as well
Kirtland, Chardon, Dover, Kenston, Aurora just to name a few

Thanks for proving my point, all public schools with football culture. And state championships except Dover. Now do orange , chagrin falls , beachwood, west Geauga, Geneva, Harvey, hawken, Gilmore, Ashtabula lakeside, and see how many of those schools have freshman football teams this year. Then go back 15 years ago and see how many of those teams had full schedules for freshman. I’ll wait

by the way Dover is D-2
Chardon 2 kids away
Aurora also big D-2

and all but Dover won state titles
Football culture

Last edited:
I heard Iliano had some big time throws Saturday, but also missed some easy ones....progress being made is the key since its only early July
This is good to hear, thought he was very sharp the few times they let him sling last year. Not sure what coaches will do but does he have a shot to beat out Kaltenbach?

Kirtland, Chardon, Dover, Kenston, Aurora just to name a few
Dude! Do you just post to read your own stuff? WB 282 was clear in his post. Not State Contenders. Then you mention 4 out of 5. You want to be the Benedictine authority of Yappi. You fumble the football constantly. I would suggest you read other posts, ask questions, stop giving false info, and stop talking smack about other teams. You have a hard enough time knowing info about Benedictine, let alone Nordonia.

The report I heard is Kaltenbach has been struggling , so far. I’ll check out 7 on 7’s Thursday .
Yes will be good to see him there, if he plays. Not sure if anyone can confirm or deny this but I have heard the coaches have been "babying" a little too much, especially for just a young. Letting him practice like he's a incumbent 3 year starter. Also that they are not allowing a quarterback battle to be had even in the early months of camp...

Yes will be good to see him there, if he plays. Not sure if anyone can confirm or deny this but I have heard the coaches have been "babying" a little too much, especially for just a young. Letting him practice like he's a incumbent 3 year starter. Also that they are not allowing a quarterback battle to be had even in the early months of camp...
Pretty ridiculous post IMO. What does “practicing like an incumbent” even mean?

His brief stints on Varsity last season earned him the right to go into camp as QB1. Given his inexperience, the biggest thing he needs is reps - all a true “QB competition” does is minimize them.

His brief stints on Varsity last season earned him the right to go into camp as QB1. Given his inexperience, the biggest thing he needs is reps - all a true “QB competition” does is minimize them.
It is Kaltenbach’s job to lose .

Dude! Do you just post to read your own stuff? WB 282 was clear in his post. Not State Contenders. Then you mention 4 out of 5. You want to be the Benedictine authority of Yappi. You fumble the football constantly. I would suggest you read other posts, ask questions, stop giving false info, and stop talking smack about other teams. You have a hard enough time knowing info about Benedictine, let alone Nordonia.
Hey tough guy.....I posted those teams before he mentioned anything about state title contenders so I guess you fumbled the ball and I would suggest you read other posts.

Sorry I did not properly articulate what I heard which was that he was not getting a high amount of reps, less than a senior would be expected of, much less a sophomore. This is not a knock on the talented Kaltenbach, but I believe that the coaching staff is not actually giving him the best chance to succeed to his highest abilities.

I agree with QB battles mostly, but I am hearing that Iliano has been balling in camp and at 7on7s but has been dismissed and has no shot of threatening Kaltenbach's spot. From what I get out of the situation is Kaltenbach is both not being pushed by the competition but also losing valuable reps to other QBs.
It is Kaltenbach’s job to lose .
Obviously but what someone told is true there is no shot he will lose it no matter how he or other QBs perform...

Go Bengals

Attachments

• animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif
    animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Sorry I did not properly articulate what I heard which was that he was not getting a high amount of reps, less than a senior would be expected of, much less a sophomore. This is not a knock on the talented Kaltenbach, but I believe that the coaching staff is not actually giving him the best chance to succeed to his highest abilities.

I agree with QB battles mostly, but I am hearing that Iliano has been balling in camp and at 7on7s but has been dismissed and has no shot of threatening Kaltenbach's spot. From what I get out of the situation is Kaltenbach is both not being pushed by the competition but also losing valuable reps to other QBs.

Obviously but what someone told is true there is no shot he will lose it no matter how he or other QBs perform...
I heard Iliano has a sore arm and his reps are and will be limited over the next week

Hey tough guy.....I posted those teams before he mentioned anything about state title contenders so I guess you fumbled the ball and I would suggest you read other posts.
You quoted WBH 282. His or her exact post. How could you screw it up? HaHaHaHa! Just like everything else you do! You have no clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.