Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% of the entire population has mild mental health issues, which would include non-gun owners and AR-15 owners.

fools gold gladiator GIF by Fool's Gold Records's Gold Records
Don't be jealous that I'm a much better shot than you.

THE Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety just stated that the supervisor at the scene made the wrong decision to wait for the SWAT team. According to him, at that time there were 19 officers in the hallway outside of the classroom.

He's identified the "supervisor at the scene" as the Police Chief of the local school district.

That is not what I proposed, nor should it be. How in hel! do you arrive at your conclusions?

It all starts with personal responsibility, and that means making good/better decisions, so as to avoid becoming a drain on others and society.

There is a chronology of behavior that leads to much better outcomes:

1 - Get your education
2 - Get a job
3 - Get married
4 - Have children

Right now much of society has it arse backwards, and it is costing ALL of us dearly -- economically and culturally and criminally. This is due to several decades of liberal policies, and it won't be reversed overnight. But unless we start going back to the fundamentals, we will be finished.
You can't think like this...

It will hurt someone's feelings.

I am curious how many of the people attacking AR-15s and wrongfully calling them assault rifles have actually fired one? I have shot one and was surprised at the low kick it gives and it is not the rapid fire type gun people think it is. It does have a magazine with multiple cartridges but it is not an assault rifle.
But it's called an "AR" and it's really mean looking.

We adopted a cat. Picked up a stray kitten hanging around our son's house and took it home in the car.

(I understand that may be beyond some peoples' capabilities and compassion though, and I did use my bare hands.)

Buy a gun was a lot more difficult. Had to check some boxes, sign my name, and stand there for a couple of minutes while they entered it into the computer.
I knew deep down you were a softy. :ROFLMAO:

Not a toy, but lots of people enjoy shooting guns.

It's a known fact that Liberals don't enjoy much of anything.
To some it suonds like a bazooka and gives them PTSD and its horrifying to fire a weapon.

This 'man' couldnt handle it.

This presser is a train-wreck. ?‍♂️

Kudos to the media here...........particularly that guy from CNN, he is effin relentless. He's offered up some serious reporting, with a sympathetic touch. Good the see these reporters pushing back and refusing to be "baffled by the bullchit", contrary to what usually goes down.

I am curious how many of the people attacking AR-15s and wrongfully calling them assault rifles have actually fired one? I have shot one and was surprised at the low kick it gives and it is not the rapid fire type gun people think it is. It does have a magazine with multiple cartridges but it is not an assault rifle.
I have not referred to it as an "assault rifle" but I have fired one. My takeaway: heck of a lot of fun to shoot at the range, but 0 civilian utility. Overkill for hunting. Too cumbersome and impractical for home defense, not to mention overkill.

To some it suonds like a bazooka and gives them PTSD and its horrifying to fire a weapon.

This 'man' couldnt handle it.

My goodness...............................that is hilarious! My man had PTSD for an hour. Ground breaking recovery for sure.

I have not referred to it as an "assault rifle" but I have fired one. My takeaway: heck of a lot of fun to shoot at the range, but 0 civilian utility. Overkill for hunting. Too cumbersome and impractical for home defense, not to mention overkill.
You don't understand the second amendment.

Did they have any before?
I wanted to go deeper in this yesterday, but didn't have the time.

You actually asked a legitimate question with a good point, but I need gun control advocates to argue a data point or principle, and be consistent in applying it.

In this particular case, if you argue that steps taken to prevent school shootings can't be assumed to be effective because school shootings are rare events, then you can't simultaneously argue that school shootings are so frequent and such a crisis that they require drastic curbing of the 2nd A rights of Americans. Pick one.

Another aspect of this where I see a massive inconsistency in leftist thinking is they clearly advocate for banning at least certain types of guns. They seem particularly scared of how the AR 15 looks. OK. You ban them. But you also hold an open borders policy. Right now the cartels are using that policy to make money on human and drug trafficking. Do you not think that if there is a demand in the US for AR 15s that the cartels will not go into the gun smuggling business? And those guns will, by definition, exclusively end up in the hands of criminals. Again, you can have your gun ban or your open borders. Pick one.

I have about 8 more examples, but that makes the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.