Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welfare removes fathers from homes? I'd love to see the studies on that.

It is a highly enabling program to do just that. When you provide an out, it is going to be taken more often than not. When you provide a substitution for personal responsibility, it will be abused.

My God, you can't be this dim.

The wrong action wastes times, resources, money and will only make the real problem worse.
I would like to see us combat all gun violence. I'm not concerned only with school shootings. Arming teachers doesn't stop the Buffalo incident, or the Las Vegas incident, or the Colorado movie theater incident.

1653664876406.png

It is a highly enabling program to do just that. When you provide an out, it is going to be taken more often than not. When you provide a substitution for personal responsibility, it will be abused.
Great, propose a bill to force mothers to stay with the fathers of their children. I'm sure that will go over well with battered women. (y)

Great, propose a bill to force mothers to stay with the fathers of their children. I'm sure that will go over well with battered women. (y)

That is not what I proposed, nor should it be. How in hel! do you arrive at your conclusions?

It all starts with personal responsibility, and that means making good/better decisions, so as to avoid becoming a drain on others and society.

There is a chronology of behavior that leads to much better outcomes:

1 - Get your education
2 - Get a job
3 - Get married
4 - Have children

Right now much of society has it arse backwards, and it is costing ALL of us dearly -- economically and culturally and criminally. This is due to several decades of liberal policies, and it won't be reversed overnight. But unless we start going back to the fundamentals, we will be finished.

Last edited:
The wrong action wastes times, resources, money and will only make the real problem worse.

Like fortifying every school grocery store public venue and business in the country and hiring hundreds of thousands of trained guards? Maybe Mexico can pay for that too.

I would however agree with many pubs who believe we need to expand healthcare, mental healthcare, and to more people. Problem is their party doesn’t.

Like fortifying every school grocery store public venue and business in the country and hiring hundreds of thousands of trained guards? Maybe Mexico can pay for that too.

I would however agree with many pubs who believe we need to expand healthcare, mental healthcare, and to more people. Problem is their party doesn’t.

A - if we had not embarked on the great society and incurred the massive liberal infiltration that has broken our institutions we would not have to consider armed guards at schools. Sadly, until the liberal experiments are done away with, we will have to protect the schools with strong means.

B - due to biden's horrific policies, government budgets will be decimated by massively higher energy costs which will likely result in less funding for things like mental healthcare. Elections have consequences, and liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.

You're going to have to make more specific connections because your argument is banking on correlation.

How about these questions: Why are there more barriers to adopting a puppy than there are to purchasing a firearm? What is the civilian utility for owning a semi-automatic rifle?
That is a crock. I have adopted dogs and own firearms. Elaborate on your BS statement with facts and processes opposed to throwing out BS statements

I am curious how many of the people attacking AR-15s and wrongfully calling them assault rifles have actually fired one? I have shot one and was surprised at the low kick it gives and it is not the rapid fire type gun people think it is. It does have a magazine with multiple cartridges but it is not an assault rifle.

You're going to have to make more specific connections because your argument is banking on correlation.

How about these questions: Why are there more barriers to adopting a puppy than there are to purchasing a firearm? What is the civilian utility for owning a semi-automatic rifle?
We adopted a cat. Picked up a stray kitten hanging around our son's house and took it home in the car.

(I understand that may be beyond some peoples' capabilities and compassion though, and I did use my bare hands.)

Buy a gun was a lot more difficult. Had to check some boxes, sign my name, and stand there for a couple of minutes while they entered it into the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.