Ohio State Commit, George Washington III, Moving To Dayton For Senior Season

Are you telling me, if a kids family moves from Louisville and they want to send there child to St X, he will be denied? They will grab those dollars quicker than the ink can dry on the check. ?
Who is the last senior you remember transferring into St. X?
St. X even lost Paris Johnson for his senior year because they would not let him graduate early. Standard is the standard.

St. X even lost Paris Johnson for his senior year because they would not let him graduate early. Standard is the standard.
The Jesuits could give two craps about sports at the end of the day. A finicky order they are.

St. X even lost Paris Johnson for his senior year because they would not let him graduate early. Standard is the
Contact Mike Derhing, and he can share how often they accept transfers after Freshman year.

I would guess if a kid came from another Catholic school they may be more inclined to honor the transfer than someone jumping from a public school. Especially if the kids parents have moved from another city. It would suck if you wanted your kid to have a Catholic education and they would not let them attend a school locally regardless of playing sports.

The natural inclination is to aim high......Centerville....Alter....CJ. Let's not forget George Washington III transferred from Christian Academy of Louisville. Its website states it is "a private Christian (emphasis mine) school...." It does not say it is a Catholic school. Dayton Christian School's website states it is "a private non-denominational Christian (again, emphasis mine) high school...." Again, it does not say it is a Catholic high school. Ergo, I offer that as a possibility. First, there must be a reason the player did not go to Trinity or Louisville St. Xavier. Second, if Dayton Christian was good enough for Romain Sato https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romain_Sato, ( I provided some direct guidance for the kiddies out there) it could be good enough for George Washington III.

Last edited:
Rumor is Georges dad toured Carroll today talked with Sean McKitrick and Coach Cogan. Figure he is probably touring Carroll, Alter, and CJ. Man wouldn't it be a shocker if Patriots landed him.

I don't see him going to Moeller or St. X because of the distance. Even if they end up living in Springboro, that's still roughly a 40 minutes drive each way. Tack on another 15-20 if driving from UD. The dad is going to have a hard enough time getting to games played in UD's backyard, let alone one 40 minutes away. The obvious answer is CJ, but we shall see.

With this they also get the two younger siblings. Jackson will be a Junior who averaged 12.9 PPG. With the youngest Jayden being an incoming Freshman. Huge get for CJ

CJ now involved with the two biggest transfers in Dayton. Win some, lose some.
Not that it matters, but three guys in the CJ program just got some real bad news. The way he talked in the interview they have been told all three brothers will play together which means everyone from last year, except a couple guys, get bumped down. A sad reality for them, a good pick up for the Eagles.

Not that it matters, but three guys in the CJ program just got some real bad news. The way he talked in the interview they have been told all three brothers will play together which means everyone from last year, except a couple guys, get bumped down. A sad reality for them, a good pick up for the Eagles.
Um, who do they return other than Dickey.. they lost like 9 seniors and Powell. They had a strong JV team, but if you look at the youngest brothers height he is like 5'3 on a good day. I cannot see Szabo throwing a 5'3 freshmen out on the court and saying "go help your brother". If he is ready he is ready. As stated in the interview the middle brother can play so I am assuming he will start. We are right around the corner from all the shootouts and summer high school events. Will be very intrigued to see George and family in the green and blue moving forward.

Um, who do they return other than Dickey.. they lost like 9 seniors and Powell. They had a strong JV team, but if you look at the youngest brothers height he is like 5'3 on a good day. I cannot see Szabo throwing a 5'3 freshmen out on the court and saying "go help your brother". If he is ready he is ready. As stated in the interview the middle brother can play so I am assuming he will start. We are right around the corner from all the shootouts and summer high school events. Will be very intrigued to see George and family in the green and blue moving forward.
Agree, seems like a good family and great addition to the Dayton area. George said in the interview (paraphrasing) that it will be fun to play with both brothers on the same court next year, so that is where I took my assumption on the youngest from.