Favorite HS FB stadium?

Another vote for Barberton, the updates were solid.

Also like Eucild's new Community Stadium.

XtremeElementsEuclidHS1-16-19004.jpg

My top 2 outside of Tom Benson

Attachments

• 1162.jpg
    1162.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 58
  • Allen-Eagle-Stadium_300-712b87fc5056b3a_712b8d3a-5056-b3a8-491763d55b7b6985.jpg
    Allen-Eagle-Stadium_300-712b87fc5056b3a_712b8d3a-5056-b3a8-491763d55b7b6985.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 56
By the way the most flawed stadium in the state is Fitch's. Everything is solid except some engineer thought having the stands 30 feet from an 8 lane track would be a good idea. The pressbox needs to make a long distance call to reach the sidelines>

1164.jpg

In Stark county: Paul Brown, Louisville then probably Lake. After watching so many games without the track between the bleachers and the field, when I go to a venue like that it’s a noticeable difference to me.

Benson
Lake
New Phila
Central Catholic
Steubenville

An underrated place is Canal Fulton Northwest. Beautiful setting in the fall when leaves are changing. Same with Carrolton.
I agree that Northwest has a great stadium. Bad parking, but the stadium itself is one of the best in Stark County.
Never seen a game at Carrolton but drove by it once. Beautiful looking stadium and town.

Just to name a few and in no particular order:

Martins Ferry-Incredible venue with the covered home bleachers
Piqua- Has a feel of a big stadium
Ft. Loraime- Great old school vibe with the natural grass
Ironton- Historic and great for a reason
Jackson- Only downfall is parking
Wapakoneta- Love the location and setting
Shenandoah-Small, but unique and picturesque

Glad you mentioned Sharkey Stadium in Barberton, Yappi. My nephew has very fond memories of a playoff game there in the mud. He was on the Hoban offensive line, and they defeated Buchtel when the Griffins imploded in the last 30 seconds of the game.
I think I remember that game. If I remember right, Buchtel was trying to run out the clock and was going to take a safety on 4th down. The QB either got tackled around the 5 or threw the ball away to give Hoban the ball near the endzone. Maybe others can remember it better...

Vanlue High School stadium. Got to give props to the small school for fielding a team. Any pictures? I imagine a small town, football field surrounded by farmland??

Among defunct stadiums Maurer Field in Wooster was my favorite. Currently it's between Bearcat Stadium in Bedford and Parma. Mount Union Stadium (where Alliance plays its home games) has a covered grandstand.

By the way the most flawed stadium in the state is Fitch's. Everything is solid except some engineer thought having the stands 30 feet from an 8 lane track would be a good idea. The pressbox needs to make a long distance call to reach the sidelines>

1164.jpg

But the home team and fans get to stare into the sun.

And as you can see in the pic, the visitors also get the benefit of the cold weather wind break.

Fitch is a good host for sure!

Last edited:
Great topic! I'll do a top 5. Being from the western side of the state, I haven't seen everyone's stadiums. Not even close

5. Wapakoneta Harmon Field- So many memories occurred in this stadium for me. From 4 Overtimes vs St Henry back in 2009 to scoring twice In 10 seconds to knock off Lima Central Catholic. New home stands look nice. Would love to see new visitors stands to complete it.
Capacity: 6500

View attachment 29591
I'll never forget watching that game, seating was full so I was standing right behind the endzone where they had all of the overtime possessions.

A couple from old Buckeye Conference I've always enjoyed were Arlin Field in Mansfield and Donnell Stadium in Findlay
Throw in Strobel for the BC trifecta. Between those three stadiums I have seen mind-blowing teams and players for what seems like generations.
Ross, too, but I haven't seen as many games in Fremont.

Without including PBTS or Fawcett/Benson, my favorites that I've been to/played at:

5 - Tie between Rex Lingruen Stadium, Liberty Center and Celina Stadium. Lingruen is built into a natural hill, pretty freakin intimidating place to play as a visitor. The recent updates have made it much better. Celina Stadium is just bout the closest you can get anywhere to a football game. Home stands almost stretch the entire field and the press box sits over the visitors bleachers and nearly reaches the sideline.
1652402994713.png

1652403237316.png

4 - Stadium Park, Delphos. Home bleachers sit way up above field level, newer visitors bleachers are huge for D6/D7 schools. Seen and played in a lot of good games at this stadium. No track so all seats are close. Hopefully with the new turf I'll get to watch some playoff games here in the future.
1652403125244.png

3 - Clymer Stadium, Columbus Grove. Donated by alumni Gary and Larry Clymer in 1996, it's just about as nice as you can get for a D6/D7 school. My homer pick (it's my list, I can do what I want) the Dogs have put up an impressive home record since it was built. The first 24 games at the stadium were all wins, and in the first 10 seasons we only had 5 home losses. Today the home record at Clymer is 93-34, 10-1 in playoff games. From the field the home bleachers feel like they're straight up in the air. The current visitors side was the home side before '96, so it's got 2 press boxes that are both bigger than most fields in the area, and separate concessions and restrooms for home and visitors sides. My favorite thing about the stadium is the massive Red Dog Beer logo on the side of the stadium lol. Only thing I would change if I could is have the same exact stadium without a track.
1652403604570.png

1652404239609.png

1652404351707.png

1652405504610.png

2 - Donnell Stadium, Findlay. Tons of history, and incredibly well-maintained. Watched and played at this stadium and it's a great experience for both. Hard to beat the atmosphere of a big playoff game at Donnell.
1652404504728.png

1 - Sidney Memorial Stadium - In my opinion the standard for new high school stadiums in the state. Almost everything about this stadium is perfect. Bleachers are close, but not at the sacrifice of large sidelines. Very nice separate restrooms and concessions for home and visitors. I'm sure the locker rooms on the inside can compare to the rest of the facility. If I could make another stadium in the state my home, it would be a toss up between this one and very few others.
1652404686861.png

Last edited:
65_all-gyms_1024x577.jpg

I regret never seeing a game at Withrow when I lived in Hyde Park. It's like something out of a movie with the wrap-around end zone seats and the school looming overhead.

Mason is a complete athletic complex. Many D2 colleges and even some FCS schools would be envious of their whole setup. Both football grandstands are huge with an enclosed concrete concourse on the home side and boxes on both home and away. Entrances at both end zones make getting in and out a breeze.

I like seeing a game at Kings. A nice extra to make the entrance look like a drawbridge and all the castle architecture to go with their Knights nickname. I don't know of a high school stadium with a mascot tie-in quite like that.

DB5L66LWsAA5SAO

Also, the home side stands are tall and steep. If you're at the top row, you're really really up there. Good place if you like to have a stadium workout and climb the stairs.
DB5L66KWsAAslwN
I’m glad someone else mentioned Kings I didn’t want to be a homer lol. Walking down the hill to the stadium with Kings Island in the background is a bonus too. Can also see the Peter’s Cartridge Factory that is now a brewery from the home stands.

In Northwest Ohio Tiffin Frost-Kalnow Stadium is very nice and right across town is another turf field in Heidelberg’s Hoernaman Stadium (which is also used by Tiffin Calvert on occasion)
2DA14AFC-A912-4CDD-9B1B-9C6AE4A9936E.jpeg
A1F5C889-D3E2-4F84-B427-1CC47D69CB26.jpeg