Dave Chappelle attacked on stage

hubman

“Dave Chappelle was just assaulted on stage at his Hollywood Bowl show. He was finishing up his performance when a man ran on-stage and lunged at him knocking him to the floor,” tweeted journalist Sharon Carpenter. “Security and his entourage then cornered the man as Dave joked about how him getting ‘stomped’ backstage.”

The line for me was in the first tweet (referring to the assailant).

"LAPD and LAFD are now loading him into an ambulance"

Last edited:

Things are getting crazy when it comes to live events. Just a week ago there was the Yankees Guardians debacle and there was a Liga MX match that was suspended because two fan bases were basically having a rumble in the stands. It is just a matter of time before someone gets thrown off an upper deck and dies because folks don't know how to interreact with each other due to work and school from home.

Things are getting crazy when it comes to live events. Just a week ago there was the Yankees Guardians debacle and there was a Liga MX match that was suspended because two fan bases were basically having a rumble in the stands. It is just a matter of time before someone gets thrown off an upper deck and dies because folks don't know how to interreact with each other due to work and school from home.
I think alcohol also plays a factor.

This^

People do not realize what the pandemic and the current temperature in politics have done to people's psyche. Wife works in education and she talks about how things have gotten far worse over the last two years. Mass exodus from teaching for this reason. I see it in my business but not to the same degree because we are less isolated.

Isolation creates anxiety and also creates information silos. Combine the two and you have the toxicity we are seeing today.

That will be the last guy to go after Dave…dude got stomped bad. His arm was bent in 7 different positions as they loaded him into the ambulance

None of this happens if Chris Rock fights back

Most all of what's wrong with society today goes back to Andy Warhol's quote:

Warhol Was Right About '15 Minutes Of Fame' American artist Andy Warhol once said, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

That will be the last guy to go after Dave…dude got stomped bad. His arm was bent in 7 different positions as they loaded him into the ambulance

None of this happens if a fellow star doesn't attack him on stage on national television. If you're going to blame someone, blame the d-bag who overreacted to a joke about his shameless wife, not the the guy who was ultimately the victim.

Reactions: y2h

Not sure if this picture is appropriate for this forum, so I understand if this post is deleted.
1651683434598.png

Idk - seems like everyone seems to think the sky is falling, but things were always F'ed up and social medial/cell phones capture and spread it easier.

Disco Demolition

Malice in the Palace

Hockey was like a nightly occurrence
Bruins

Tie Domi and fan

Even all the verbal crap towards refs from fans is way down from what I remember as a kid - not saying it was/is right, but that crap has always happened.

Fights is school were pretty much a weekly occurrence when I was in school. My kids have seen a total of maybe 3 for all of k-12.

Teammates fighting in open gym at the park etc. and the next day they were back to being best friends.

Fights in the stands at games and even on the field.......just got broken up, kids got kicked out, suspended a game or 2 and moved on. Now it would lead on the news and in the paper.

To be clear the Chappelle attack was messed up and it looks like the guy got his. I'm glad.

Separate conversation but supporting my observation that maybe the sky had already fallen and we are just able to more easily see it now. Obviously there is an uptick in crime since 2020 - but overall it is way down compared to what it was in the 90s.
1651685889548.png

Idk - seems like everyone seems to think the sky is falling, but things were always F'ed up and social medial/cell phones capture and spread it easier.

Disco Demolition

Malice in the Palace

Hockey was like a nightly occurrence
Bruins

Tie Domi and fan

Even all the verbal crap towards refs from fans is way down from what I remember as a kid - not saying it was/is right, but that crap has always happened.

Fights is school were pretty much a weekly occurrence when I was in school. My kids have seen a total of maybe 3 for all of k-12.

Teammates fighting in open gym at the park etc. and the next day they were back to being best friends.

Fights in the stands at games and even on the field.......just got broken up, kids got kicked out, suspended a game or 2 and moved on. Now it would lead on the news and in the paper.

To be clear the Chappelle attack was messed up and it looks like the guy got his. I'm glad.

Separate conversation but supporting my observation that maybe the sky had already fallen and we are just able to more easily see it now. Obviously there is an uptick in crime since 2020 - but overall it is way down compared to what it was in the 90s.
View attachment 29311
I can always count on you for some good old fashioned hard core facts.

I still believe Covid had a negative impact that is tough to measure. Much of what we see today is not a crime or can be reported as such. Being a Karen is not a crime. Most of the time. ;)

Seriously though, who goes to a comedy show and gets offended?

Irish - I got caught in a Youtube worm hole.

What is better than a hat trick on hard hat promotion night? Not a good night to be in the lower deck.