Dave Chappelle attacked on stage

Spot on Howard.

“This guy jumped up on stage and attacked Dave Chappelle,” Stern fumed into the mic, Mediaite reported. “As soon as that happened, did they let him go back to his seat and laugh and sit next to his wife and then give them an award? No! They took him backstage, they broke his arms and hands so bad.”
“Unlike the Academy Awards, Jamie Foxx came running out on stage and helped Dave Chappelle,” the entertainer ranted. “At the Academy Awards, everyone came over and consoled Will Smith — because it was live television and Hollywood didn’t know what to do about Will Smith.”

S
None of this happens if a fellow star doesn't attack him on stage on national television. If you're going to blame someone, blame the d-bag who overreacted to a joke about his shameless wife, not the the guy who was ultimately the victim.
Some people don't understand slapstick humor...

Things are getting crazy when it comes to live events. Just a week ago there was the Yankees Guardians debacle and there was a Liga MX match that was suspended because two fan bases were basically having a rumble in the stands. It is just a matter of time before someone gets thrown off an upper deck and dies because folks don't know how to interreact with each other due to work and school from home.
Neither of your examples is unprecedented. Stuff has been thrown on the field forever and the Yankees have the most toxic fan base in America.

Fights at soccer games have existed as long as soccer. People go to fight and a soccer game breaks out.

He did an impromptu set as a lead in for John Mullaney last night and the crowd is throwing a fit on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
He did an impromptu set as a lead in for John Mullaney last night and the crowd is throwing a fit on Twitter.

Most of whom weren’t at the show but are passing judgement (something right up your alley).

I saw the comments last night too while looking to see people’s reactions to a great show. It’s disappointing some were offended, but everyone has a different sense of humor. It’s also a product of Twitter. I checked Facebook as well and saw nothing but positive comments about the show.

I personally didn’t find them to be offensive, nor was the gay person I was with who is highly supportive of the transgender community.

It was a super long show so I won’t profess to remembering every joke, but Dave’s transgender part of his set basically consisted of this: he was recounting the attack and how after it Chris Rock came on stage and got the first joke in saying “Was that Will Smith?” And Chappelle responded “I think it was a trans man.” He went on to say it wasn’t a good joke and wish he had thought of something funnier in the spur of the moment. He then talked about the weapon the attacker had, a gun knife, and said he didn’t know what that was and that maybe it “was a gun that identifies as a knife.”

That’s it. Neither joke was mean-spirited.

The gun knife joke got a few groans from the crowd, which I found surprising. I thought it was hilarious, as did the aforementioned gay transgender ally I was with.

The funny thing is that one of the guys who went on before Chappelle told a far more questionable transgender joke, but no one is talking about that because he’s a nobody. And of course Chappelle has made jokes about the transgender community before (but he also makes fun of everyone). IMO last night was much ado about nothing if he didn’t have a history of transgender jokes.

To be honest, I’d say Chappelle was the least offensive of the four performers on stage last night.

Most of whom weren’t at the show but are passing judgement (something right up your alley).

I saw the comments last night too while looking to see people’s reactions to a great show. It’s disappointing some were offended, but everyone has a different sense of humor. It’s also a product of Twitter. I checked Facebook as well and saw nothing but positive comments about the show.

I personally didn’t find them to be offensive, nor was the gay person I was with who is highly supportive of the transgender community.

It was a super long show so I won’t profess to remembering every joke, but Dave’s transgender part of his set basically consisted of this: he was recounting the attack and how after it Chris Rock came on stage and got the first joke in saying “Was that Will Smith?” And Chappelle responded “I think it was a trans man.” He went on to say it wasn’t a good joke and wish he had thought of something funnier in the spur of the moment. He then talked about the weapon the attacker had, a gun knife, and said he didn’t know what that was and that maybe it “was a gun that identifies as a knife.”

That’s it. Neither joke was mean-spirited.

The gun knife joke got a few groans from the crowd, which I found surprising. I thought it was hilarious, as did the aforementioned gay transgender ally I was with.

The funny thing is that one of the guys who went on before Chappelle told a far more questionable transgender joke, but no one is talking about that because he’s a nobody. And of course Chappelle has made jokes about the transgender community before (but he also makes fun of everyone). IMO last night was much ado about nothing if he didn’t have a history of transgender jokes.

To be honest, I’d say Chappelle was the least offensive of the four performers on stage last night.
It’s fun seeing the woke crowd turn on Mullaney. Who the f**k would ever want to be liked by that crowd any way?

It’s fun seeing the woke crowd turn on Mullaney. Who the f**k would ever want to be liked by that crowd any way?

I have no problem with the people who were offended that were there (I find it disappointing since I think the jokes weren’t bad or mean spirited, but again humor is different for everyone).

99% of the people outraged though weren’t even at the show and don’t even know what he said. They are just passing judgement based on someone else being upset.

I have no problem with the people who were offended that were there (I find it disappointing since I think the jokes weren’t bad or mean spirited, but again humor is different for everyone).

99% of the people outraged though weren’t even at the show and don’t even know what he said. They are just passing judgement based on someone else being upset.
People can be offended all they want...when you try to cancel people over it and censor speech is when the problem comes.