Are you a true West Sider??

City council’s Budget and Finance Committee voted today to spend $400,000 of the city’s leftover ARPA funding to design the bike path mentioned recently.

A Jersey Mike’s is opening at Race and Harrison where Ester Price used to be. (I believe Ester Price is now in a smaller space.)

0393A701-9B46-446D-A8DE-94FDA363F3C3.jpeg

Huh, I wonder if Jersey Mike's is moving from Glencrossing. A bunch of Elder grads used to own the Jersey Mike's at Glencrossing and two more sites (I cannot remeber where they were).

Huh, I wonder if Jersey Mike's is moving from Glencrossing. A bunch of Elder grads used to own the Jersey Mike's at Glencrossing and two more sites (I cannot remeber where they were).
I was wondering that, too, but I think the one at Glencrossing just remodeled a few years ago.

A Tractor Supply store is planned for Harrison Ave. in Dent. It will occupy the remaining portion of the former K-Mart store that's not used by Gabe's plus a little expansion.

1650463922490.png

1650463942193.png

That shopping center is actually doing pretty well compared to how it was 7-8 years ago. After Kmart left that place was a ghost town for quite some time.

Meanwhile, Glenway Crossing is fading into oblivion.

If the stories about businesses leaving due to skyrocketing rents are true, Glenway Crossing seems to be in self-destruct mode.
It seems most strip malls in the tri-state are in the same mode. All I hear is how insane the rent is at all these empty storefronts all over. Now, I'm not a commercial landlord, but you would think lowering the rent to get any business in there would be better than it sitting empty. I mean, I know I'm a simpleton, but some revenue thru rent is better than none.

It seems most strip malls in the tri-state are in the same mode. All I hear is how insane the rent is at all these empty storefronts all over. Now, I'm not a commercial landlord, but you would think lowering the rent to get any business in there would be better than it sitting empty. I mean, I know I'm a simpleton, but some revenue thru rent is better than none.

I have wondered the same. This article gives some insight on why, although I'm not sure it applies to Glencrossing or not.

From my limited experience: in'08 when the economy tanked, my landlord was actively driving tenants out by being a d*ck....and THEN decided to increase rent which drove almost everyone left out. Center ended up going into receivership. Current landlord is awesome but, as far as I know, he's the exception.

Don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous slouch!

A Tractor Supply store is planned for Harrison Ave. in Dent. It will occupy the remaining portion of the former K-Mart store that's not used by Gabe's plus a little expansion.

View attachment 28904
Wasn't there going to be a Menards on the adjacent property or has that project gone away? Seems like a lot of duplicate businesses within a mile of each other (if you include Lowes).

The long rumored Menards store was supposed to be discussed at a county planning or zoning meeting in March 2020. That meeting was canceled and I personally haven’t heard anything about it since.