PAC 2022

the123kidz

Let's get started on the 2022 thread. I believe Loudenville is no longer a member. Not sure when Canton South joins but that's what we are here for. So let's learn together. Please keep the thread civil. Let's have spirited discussion but leave the name calling out.

I do believe Canton South enters this upcoming school year.
Leaving week 10 games to look like
Fairless v Tuslaw
Orrville v Triway
Manchester v CVCA
Canton South v Northwest

sets up as a really nice league.
For the 1st time in I don't know how long, Manchester has over 70 players signed up for football. They are going to have a Freshman and JV team!

For the 1st time in I don't know how long, Manchester has over 70 players signed up for football. They are going to have a Freshman and JV team!
I have heard good things about some of the kids as well. There is something to be said for good old american physical education. For those of you who aren't aware they still do old school physical education in New Franklin. You will never see kids dancing for P.E. Old School pull ups, push ups, running and dare I say rope climbs lol.

Was the last freshman team the 2014 graduating class? That was a great class of kids.

Canton South makes a good league really good now. Great addition. Manchester with 70 kids is great to see. Fairless coming off a good year. Hearing that CVCA may have lost their QB from last who started a number games as he is returning to Stow. Still expect the Royals to be formidable with a good backfield and people returning defensively. Should be a great year!!!

Who are the favorites this year?
Let’s get some talk going. Best returning player(s) on each team. My quick insights, focusing on the offensive side of the ball:

Canton South: Rising junior QB Poochie Snyder is set to take his new league by storm. Moving over from the EBC, Snyder was a 2nd Team D4 All Stater as a sophomore. The Wildcats pummeled Northwest 34-7 a year ago in a non-conference game even put a 42-spot up on West Branch. They racked up 414 points a last year, averaging nearly 38 points a game. They have to be the favorite in Year 1 in the PAC.

Triway: Rising senior QB Zack Miller led the resurgence of the Titans a year ago, and he’s back. The shutout of CVCA raised eyebrows early a year ago. The only regular season blemish a hiccup against Manchester with an injury depleted squad if I recall. If the supporting cast is there, Triway has to be considered a front runner

Fairless: One-year wonder? Or can they sustain winning in Navarre? Hunter Campbell signed today with Marietta (congrats to him. The Pios are piling up talent the last couple of years!). Head coach AJ Sarbaugh had his name associated with the job at Stow and at least one other, if I recall, this off-season. Trying to strike while the iron is hot? Still, he remains at Fairless. How is the cupboard? Seems they should be OK as Carson Colucci is back at QB as a rising junior and he still has rising senior Brody Pomneo as a big target to throw to. Interesting scheduling quirk: Thanks to Covid, the Falcons seniors will make their first (and only) trip of their careers to CVCA in Week 6.

Manchester: The Panthers surprised everybody a year ago, getting back to basics, pounding the football and as a result, seemingly rising from the ashes in year 2 post JF. Now reports of 70 players out for football again in New Franklin! But they lost a pair of big All Conference O-Linemen and a bevy of running backs who were seniors. And Pappas, the QB graduated too. Who is waiting in the wings to fill the voids? Rising senior RB Jackson Dougherty would seem likely to take on featured payer status, but not sure about the surrounding cast.

Northwest: In a league with some very talented QBs, this is rising senior Braden Mick’s team. The Indians lost RB Jason Greenfield and two of four OL who had All Conference honors to graduation a year ago, but rising seniors Jimmy Cunningham and Isaac LaFay return to anchor the OL.

CVCA: Kyle Snider still ran for nearly 1,200 yards a year ago behind a patchwork OL, which struggled to replicate the OL strength of the three prior years, a line that paved the way for Snider and former Royals QB Michael Bevington to each run for 1700+ yards in 2020. Now a rising senior, Snider again should be featured, but the QB position may be in flux, based on reports earlier in the thread. Head Coach Nick Cook has his work cut out for him in year 2, but unlike a year ago, when he didn’t arrive in Ohio until June, the Royals head coach has a full off-season with his team.

Tuslaw: Rising senior Troy Harbeitner and fellow rising senior Tommy Snyder are the key returnees. But the Mustangs struggled a year ago, and the PAC would appear to be quite formidable again as the Mustangs look to avoid going winless in conference for a second straight year.

Orrville: The best thing about young teams is they get older and mature. The Red Riders managed two wins a year ago - against Tuslaw and Loudonville. But gone are the Redbirds. And the only returnee with conference honors is rising junior receiver Brady Marshall. Others will have to emerge - and they usually do.

Kickoff in 20 weeks. What say the rest of you? Chime in!

Last edited:
That's what I was told by a parent. Who did they lose to? 7th grade team lost 1 game. Varsity? I don't believe that I said that.
So, we’re going to anoint Manchester as the PAC favorites for 2025 and 2026, when these future superstars of the 2021 7th and 8th grade team are upperclassmen. Duly noted.

How about some insight on what the Panthers have coming back this year? Any of those freshman going to make an impact? With all the losses to graduation, who else is left other than Dougherty? And how is the progress on the new school and athletic facilities? When are those projects scheduled to be completed?

So, we’re going to anoint Manchester as the PAC favorites for 2025 and 2026, when these future superstars of the 2021 7th and 8th grade team are upperclassmen. Duly noted.

How about some insight on what the Panthers have coming back this year? Any of those freshman going to make an impact? With all the losses to graduation, who else is left other than Dougherty? And how is the progress on the new school and athletic facilities? When are those projects scheduled to be completed?
I'll address the new school and athletic facilities progress first. There is a school board meeting this week to update the community on plans, so I should know more in a few days. For now, the short story is that the plan is to open the new high school in August, 2024, open the renovated elementary school (the current high school) in August, 2025, and the athletic facilities (new stadium at the current soccer field and track and a new baseball field) in August, 2026. Work on the new high school building has begun with the clearing of trees behind the current baseball field. More on this subject later this week.

The rest of this thread is kind of funny. Why does the smallest school in the league get so much attention, with people slobbering over themselves awaiting its demise? The next year or two may very well be a struggle, especially compared to past years, but the Panthers will persevere. What's funny is that the rest of the league should focus on themselves, like work on winning a playoff game or maybe even two, instead of wasting your energy on the smallest school in the league. I don't recall anyone else winning a playoff game in 2021 and my first impression for 2022 is that overall the league won't be much better than 2021.

They lost to Woodridge 44 - 38 ... records of Middle School teams mean very little in the big picture at the high school level ... kids quit, grow, gain weight, get slow ... High School is a different animal all together !

I'll address the new school and athletic facilities progress first. There is a school board meeting this week to update the community on plans, so I should know more in a few days. For now, the short story is that the plan is to open the new high school in August, 2024, open the renovated elementary school (the current high school) in August, 2025, and the athletic facilities (new stadium at the current soccer field and track and a new baseball field) in August, 2026. Work on the new high school building has begun with the clearing of trees behind the current baseball field. More on this subject later this week.

The rest of this thread is kind of funny. Why does the smallest school in the league get so much attention, with people slobbering over themselves awaiting its demise? The next year or two may very well be a struggle, especially compared to past years, but the Panthers will persevere. What's funny is that the rest of the league should focus on themselves, like work on winning a playoff game or maybe even two, instead of wasting your energy on the smallest school in the league. I don't recall anyone else winning a playoff game in 2021 and my first impression for 2022 is that overall the league won't be much better than 2021.
Respectfully, because some of the Manchester faithful that visit this thread believe their team could win the Superbowl and it creates a lot of hate lol. In all seriousness most of the successful teams in any sport, if you think about it, are the most broadly hated. Combine that with the fact that Manchester has had many years with some really insufferable coaches (France, Schindewolf, Pappas) - so yeah, Manchester gives everyone else a lot of reasons to not like them....

As for 2021 - NW was down last year, a year off a regional (very nearly state appearance), and still whooped yall on your home field. NW will be better this year than last. Canton South will be really good joining the league, replacing an awful Loudonville team. Really, Tuslaw and Orrville will be bad again but everyone else should be pretty decent. Manchester again gets some attention because they are a wild card. They could be with the likes to Tuslaw/Orrville, or they could be right in the thick of things. If I was betting right now - I see chester getting W's against ONLY Tuslaw and Orrville next year in league play but being competitive with everyone.....

They lost to Woodridge 44 - 38 ... records of Middle School teams mean very little in the big picture at the high school level ... kids quit, grow, gain weight, get slow ... High School is a different animal all together !
Thanks. However, would it be better not to have 70+ kids sign up and not have an 8th grade team that lost only once? I think sometimes people read too much into posts. If re-read my original post you will discover that it was just information and no predictions!

I agree with Casual more than 3 wins will be hard to come by for the Panthers
Guys, many of US predicted that the Panthers would be bad last year. The they started beating everyone up. As much as I am not a Panther fan I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.

Guys, many of US predicted that the Panthers would be bad last year. The they started beating everyone up. As much as I am not a Panther fan I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.
the Problem last year was coaching ... once they figured things out on offense they were much better ... that team had some talent and lots of experience ... next years team will have neither !

In retrospect, the 2021 Manchester team had that one thing that can’t be discounted…a bunch of seniors who peaked. I’ve asked a couple times what’s left in the cupboard. It sounds like it may be bare for a while, but give it time for the youngsters to mature.

That said, I also put a bunch of effort into looking at the key returning players for the other seven teams in the conference in an earlier post to give some kindling to the dialogue. Let me try again.

What do we know about Canton South? Who does Poochie throw to? Do they spread it out? Or manhandle the line of scrimmage with the ground game to the tune of 38 ppg?

Will Triway repeat? Will the sale of Johnny Cash classic vinyl records in Navarre continue to outpace all other localities in the United States? Will Mick break his brother’s records? The Royals replaced VASJ with New Philly. Insights on the official grass height at Tuslaw? Can Orrville get better?

So many other topics and potential stories. Let’s have some fun with it.

In retrospect, the 2021 Manchester team had that one thing that can’t be discounted…a bunch of seniors who peaked. I’ve asked a couple times what’s left in the cupboard. It sounds like it may be bare for a while, but give it time for the youngsters to mature.

That said, I also put a bunch of effort into looking at the key returning players for the other seven teams in the conference in an earlier post to give some kindling to the dialogue. Let me try again.

What do we know about Canton South? Who does Poochie throw to? Do they spread it out? Or manhandle the line of scrimmage with the ground game to the tune of 38 ppg?

Will Triway repeat? Will the sale of Johnny Cash classic vinyl records in Navarre continue to outpace all other localities in the United States? Will Mick break his brother’s records? The Royals replaced VASJ with New Philly. Insights on the official grass height at Tuslaw? Can Orrville get better?

So many other topics and potential stories. Let’s have some fun with it.
Canton South runs a spread offense and 4-2 defense similar to what New Philly ran for years. Lot of Cover 3 and Cover 2. They have good skill players. They are very high on their upcoming junior class. They should have a strong team the next couple years and should be a threat for the PAC title.

Interesting and significant changes unveiled last night at the public meeting to update the Manchester community on construction plan progress. I'll try to cut the story short. The concern is the impact inflation is having on completing all phases of the plan. Today's dollar won't buy as much 2-3 years from now. In order to minimize the inflation impact, the new plan is to accelerate the elementary school and athletic facility start and completion dates to save money (the new high school building can't be completed any sooner).

The new plan is to begin the upgrade of the current soccer/track facility in Spring, 2023, with the turf field and bleachers completed for use for Fall sports in 2023. If successful with this very ambitious plan, the old football stadium will see its last high school football action this Fall. There is one catch for using the new stadium in Fall, 2023, and that is that the locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stand will not be available until Fall, 2024. Those aspects of the new stadium (locker rooms, restrooms, etc) are currently part of the existing high school (the far western portion) and won't be renovated for stadium use until Summer, 2024 because they will still be used in their current status until June, 2024. For the 2023-2024 school year, the new stadium will use port-a-pots, food trucks, and anything else feasible as the "support" buildings.

The plan for 2023 baseball is to upgrade Crown Field (located behind the middle school) by moving the outfield fence, rework the infield to high school dimensions, and upgrade the dugouts and bleachers. The current high school baseball field is in its final year of use, since the new high school will be built on that site. The goal is still to build a new baseball stadium on the high school campus, but that is a few years down the road.

The new high school building is on plan to open at the start of the 2024-25 school year. The elementary school (current high school renovated) will also be ready for the 2024-25 school year, with renovations being completed in the summer of 2023 and 2024.

Lots of moving parts to this and we're sure to see changes as things progress.

Interesting and significant changes unveiled last night at the public meeting to update the Manchester community on construction plan progress. I'll try to cut the story short. The concern is the impact inflation is having on completing all phases of the plan. Today's dollar won't buy as much 2-3 years from now. In order to minimize the inflation impact, the new plan is to accelerate the elementary school and athletic facility start and completion dates to save money (the new high school building can't be completed any sooner).

The new plan is to begin the upgrade of the current soccer/track facility in Spring, 2023, with the turf field and bleachers completed for use for Fall sports in 2023. If successful with this very ambitious plan, the old football stadium will see its last high school football action this Fall. There is one catch for using the new stadium in Fall, 2023, and that is that the locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stand will not be available until Fall, 2024. Those aspects of the new stadium (locker rooms, restrooms, etc) are currently part of the existing high school (the far western portion) and won't be renovated for stadium use until Summer, 2024 because they will still be used in their current status until June, 2024. For the 2023-2024 school year, the new stadium will use port-a-pots, food trucks, and anything else feasible as the "support" buildings.

The plan for 2023 baseball is to upgrade Crown Field (located behind the middle school) by moving the outfield fence, rework the infield to high school dimensions, and upgrade the dugouts and bleachers. The current high school baseball field is in its final year of use, since the new high school will be built on that site. The goal is still to build a new baseball stadium on the high school campus, but that is a few years down the road.

The new high school building is on plan to open at the start of the 2024-25 school year. The elementary school (current high school renovated) will also be ready for the 2024-25 school year, with renovations being completed in the summer of 2023 and 2024.

Lots of moving parts to this and we're sure to see changes as things progress.
Sounds like some great improvements for the New Franklin, Portage Lakes community of Manchester Local Schools. I'm thinking they will be impressed by Mogadore's stadium upgrades this fall on their visit. And maybe get a glimpse of their future too!!

Who do we think the best players in the conference will be this year - specifically, who is the player that will shoulder the largest load and make the biggest impact in the W/L column for their teams? In other words...player of the year candidates for the conference?

Snyder QB Canton South
Snider RB CVCA
Miller QB Triway
Mick QB Northwest
Colucci QB Fairless

I think these 5 have the biggest impact for their teams. No disrespect to any of these young men, and maybe I'm being a homer, but I think Mick is the best athlete in the conference and has the best chance of single-handedly beating any team on any given night. That said, I havent seen Snyder from CS play and I hear he's pretty special. So we shall see! In my book, it's between the Mick and Snyder as the most dynamic playmakers in the league. (I feel crazy not going with Snider from CVCA given his resume!)

I would add Pumneo from Fairless to this list for sure. He makes an impact on both sides of the ball.

What are the credentials for Snider from CVCA?

Head to head last year South beat NW 34-7 and Snyder had a big game through the air and on the ground. Mick obviously is a great player but the QB from Triway may have the biggest impact for his team moreso than anyone. Does Triway return alot from last years team?

The South QB threw for 2900 yards, with 38 TD's and 6 int's, however, South loses some of their skill guys to graduation. The cupboard isn't completely bare in the skill area as they have a few playmakers returning along with some younger guys coming up as well. They also will return 4 starting offensive lineman which will help. Defensively, the front 7 should be strong, however, they did graduate 3 of 4 in the secondary. Will be curious to see if Snyder gets to play any defense next year to help the secondary out.

I would add Pumneo from Fairless to this list for sure. He makes an impact on both sides of the ball.

Head to head last year South beat NW 34-7 and Snyder had a big game through the air and on the ground. Mick obviously is a great player but the QB from Triway may have the biggest impact for his team moreso than anyone. Does Triway return alot from last years team?

The South QB threw for 2900 yards, with 38 TD's and 6 int's, however, South loses some of their skill guys to graduation. The cupboard isn't completely bare in the skill area as they have a few playmakers returning along with some younger guys coming up as well. They also will return 4 starting offensive lineman which will help. Defensively, the front 7 should be strong, however, they did graduate 3 of 4 in the secondary. Will be curious to see if Snyder gets to play any defense next year to help the secondary out.
Credentials in football or all around athlete?

Mick was an all state WR up until last year - and he was seemingly lost and still trying to figure things out early in the season. I would look for him to be much more comfortable under center (figuratively because they don't go under center) this year, much like we saw in the 2nd half last year especially after his injury.

As for anyone from Fairless, I would put them on the list as a quasi-honorable mention because I believe Fairless comes back to earth this season.

Kyle Snider from CVCA took 3rd in the D2 State Wrestling Tournament this past year as a Junior losing his only match in the tournament in overtime at 215lb weight class. As for football - he anchors the CVCA defense at MLB but does his most damage on offense as a RB where in 3 years he's racked up over 3200 yards and 41 TDs (like I said, I feel crazy for not picking him to be the player of the year and biggest difference maker)

As for the South QB Snyder - I do believe he's dynamic and is likely to prove to be the best player in the conference, I've just never seen him and I'm a homer lol

The player that no one outside of CVCA knows about is sophomore Draylin Price. If he is able to get his books squared away he is legitimately a POY caliber player. If Snider and him are on the field together look out.

0B0A3936-7591-4065-B088-7A9683DECD97.jpeg