2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

So, you think that falling into a lineup that included Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk may have helped Couch a little more than Kevin Johnson, Terry Kirby and Karim Abdul Jabaar?
I always thought surrounding cast was important for a QB but look at Burrow, horrific O line a TE before last season no one heard of. Sure 2 good receivers one possibly great receiver Will see what Uzo does this season with the Jets and look at OBJ the difference a quality QB made in his performance.

Must be pretty deflating to Mayfield that no other teams wants him.

The biggest problem right now is that teams know that the Browns will have to cut him eventually, so there's no use in someone using draft picks for a player who wouldn't automatically be their starter.

Rumor is that the Steelers have interest - not sure how that would make Mitch Trubisky feel, but I'm sure Baker would be all for getting the chance to play the Browns twice a year.

So, you think that falling into a lineup that included Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk may have helped Couch a little more than Kevin Johnson, Terry Kirby and Karim Abdul Jabaar?
And Az Hakim and Ricky Proehl, with his blindside being protected by Orlando Pace. With Dick Vermeil and Mike Martz calling the shots.

I actually think a place like Detroit would be the best fit for Mayfield, he is best when playing with a chip on his shoulder and low expectations. He also needs a dome as PFF has him rated very poorly when it comes to downfield win % and some think he just doesn't have the arm for northern outdoor stadium climates.

Detroit current has Jared Goff who has 3 years & $93 mil left on his deal ($76 mil is guaranteed). If the Lions were to cut Goff this year they would have a cap hit of $30 mil. So the question to the Lions is how much better is Baker than Goff (how many more wins) and is that worth the $30 mil cap hit in 2022, $10mil in 2023 & $5mil in 2024 PLUS the salary you have to pay Baker?

Financially I do not see Baker going to Detroit.

I remember that painful Browns expansion draft. Each team placed their 5 worst players or contracts in the pool for the Browns, including players they knew were going to retire. Once a player was chosen from a team that team had the option of removing two players from their pool. That was one awful bunch of players.

So....Browns....
I'm hoping there was some language in the trade or contract that if he is found guilty of a previous crime, that would void the trade or contract. I'm still extremely disappointed in the Browns for making this deal. Way too much downside and not nearly the upside that they must believe to have made this crazy move.

On paper, the trade and contract make it look like Watson has never been in trouble and just had a pro bowl season. Just crazy with all the uncertainty.

I'm hoping there was some language in the trade or contract that if he is found guilty of a previous crime, that would void the trade or contract. I'm still extremely disappointed in the Browns for making this deal. Way too much downside and not nearly the upside that they must believe to have made this crazy move.

On paper, the trade and contract make it look like Watson has never been in trouble and just had a pro bowl season. Just crazy with all the uncertainty.
Yep, should have let the dust settle. I can't imagine it would have much increased the price as they already paid a historically high price. I think it may void the contract, but I can't imagine it voids the trade, especially if everything goes in the toilet after the draft. Clearly a buyer beware situation.

So....Browns....
So a second grand jury heard evidence against Watson and also declined to pursue criminal charges. Sounds like a pattern of shopping the same stuff and hoping for a different result, but nobody is seeing the reason to take it beyond.

Now it's just about the money.

So a second grand jury heard evidence against Watson and also declined to pursue criminal charges. Sounds like a pattern of shopping the same stuff and hoping for a different result, but nobody is seeing the reason to take it beyond.

Now it's just about the money.
Yep, now looks like they rejected it too. I wondered if it wasn't a prosecutor grandstanding but the result indicates otherwise. We may well see a different result from civil proceedings but only time will tell. Jimmy and Dee's money should help him with that money part.

I think Watson is probably a step up from Baker, but those that say hes a Top 10 QB in the League right now, I have a hard time getting at. Stats aside, my Top 10 would be:

1) Tom Brady
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Patrick Mahomes
4) Josh Allen
5) Russell Wilson
6) Matt Stafford
7) Joe Burrow
8) Lamarr Jackson
9) Dak Prescott
10) Justin Herbert

I would take these 10 before Deshaun, I dont know. Again, stats aside, which is really important, I would take these 10.

I think Watson is probably a step up from Baker, but those that say hes a Top 10 QB in the League right now, I have a hard time getting at. Stats aside, my Top 10 would be:

1) Tom Brady
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Patrick Mahomes
4) Josh Allen
5) Russell Wilson
6) Matt Stafford
7) Joe Burrow
8) Lamarr Jackson
9) Dak Prescott
10) Justin Herbert

I would take these 10 before Deshaun, I dont know. Again, stats aside, which is really important, I would take these 10.
I agree with your top four, though I would have Rodgers at 1. After that, it depends who is doing the ratings. I wouldn’t quibble with someone who had Watson anywhere from 5 to 10 on the list.

I’m sure Eisen thought the Falcons were a slam dunk after almost beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl the year before.

lf the Browns didn’t have that late run of Covid run through the team they are probably playing the Bengals at home for the division title the last game of the season. Let’s not forget the officials probably saving Zak Taylor’s job after his stupid decision to not kick a FG and go to OT with KC on fourth and goal, instead having Burrow throw what could have been a season ending incompletion only to have the refs bail out Cincy with a very questionable flag in the end zone. It’s not like the Browns were that far off last year, even with all the injuries and Covid and it’s not like the Bengals ran away with the division. I like Burrow a lot, but there is no guarantee he will be a better QB than Watson will be. And the win over KC to get to the SB was awesome, but getting the Raiders and Titans in the playoffs was a nice break. We shall see, but…unlike Eisen…I can see why the Browns could be favored by some over the Bengals for 2022, especially with Cincy facing a first place schedule.

1) Tom Brady
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Patrick Mahomes
4) Josh Allen
5) Russell Wilson
6) Matt Stafford
7) Joe Burrow
8) Lamarr Jackson
9) Dak Prescott
10) Justin Herbert

Deshaun is top 2.

I always thought surrounding cast was important for a QB but look at Burrow, horrific O line a TE before last season no one heard of. Sure 2 good receivers one possibly great receiver Will see what Uzo does this season with the Jets and look at OBJ the difference a quality QB made in his performance.
Mixon is a solid back as well.

Yep, and if Warner had played on that expansion Browns team, he would have gotten his azzzz handed to him week in and week out.
That's what's always amusing about the we couldve had this guy or that guy handwringing. What if is kinda fun but the flip side is who says they have the same career in Cleveland?

For instance, Roethlisberger very likely isn't headed to Canton if he was drafted by and spent significant time in Cleveland.

Hes coming off injury and destined to be cut...why would you give up valuable resources when you can nab him off the waiver wire?
I think the agent will work to get that contract lowered, I don't think the Browns will release him... how does that benefit them?