• Tiffin Calvert

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Antwerp

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Marion Local

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RH coach is taking the players cell phones tomorrow night at the hotel and will return them on Saturday.

He also does not want family or friends staying at the team hotel.

The players will find out their hotel when the bus pulls into the parking lot.

RH coach is taking the players cell phones tomorrow night at the hotel and will return them on Saturday.

Hiland coach not concerned about cell phones since none have them. He also does not want family or friends staying at the team hotel. The players will find out their hotel when the buggies pull into the parking lot

The OT games have got to give Hiland a boost. They have to feel like they are playing with house money at this point. They can play loose. RH is "supposed" to win, and that can play with their heads. They lost last year, and if it's a close game, then I can easily see those memories creeping back into young psyches. IMO, if RH wins, it'll be by a wide margin. If it's a close game, I think Hiland wins.
I could see a couple RH players losing cool if they go close at the end. there's a couple players though that seem to have their game faces in check and very seasoned. of course, i saw one game so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

What if they happened to survive and move on Saturday? Would they still get their phones back before Sundays final? Guess they can decide that if they get that far.

Richmond Heights has more talent but Hiland has something no other school in the state of Ohio has. The two best coaches in the state. Mark Schlabach and Paul zaccour. Hiland is outmatched in a lot of games but the coaches always put them in the best position to win plain and simple

Richmond Heights has more talent but Hiland has something no other school in the state of Ohio has. The two best coaches in the state. Mark Schlabach and Paul zaccour. Hiland is outmatched in a lot of games but the coaches always put them in the best position to win plain and simple
Plain and simple.

Sounds like their Amish? Schlabach sounds Germanic but what is Zaccour?

Well this post is purely subjective.

Look at the teams Hiland has had. Nobody does more with less talent then Hiland.
Well..... I think your enthusiasm is appreciated Silly, but what are the realistic chances one school gets the number 1 and number 2 coaches in the state? Does that include Cleveland Cavaliers and all university coaches as well as high school boys and girls?

Doing the most with the least is very difficult to verify. Still, I agree if your coaches put their kids in a position to win tomorrow, they will win with less talent than the opponent.

Tri-village wins it all no body will stop there defense and scoring you got 4 that can come of the bench and score 10 points each hard to stop

Well..... I think your enthusiasm is appreciated Silly, but what are the realistic chances one school gets the number 1 and number 2 coaches in the state? Does that include Cleveland Cavaliers and all university coaches as well as high school boys and girls?

Doing the most with the least is very difficult to verify. Still, I agree if your coaches put their kids in a position to win tomorrow, they will win with less talent than the opponent.
Obviously if we are talking about the Cavs they don’t compare to those coaches. Hiland has a great head coach and an amazing assistant coach. They both work together very well and have a great eye scouting and game plan wise. I would take them over any other Highschool coaches

Look at the teams Hiland has played this tournament. You don’t have a clue what you are talking about. Years past the Athens region was crappy but not this year.
Silly, with all due respect, SE Ohio basketball is not that good this year. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

RH-Hiland tied at 13 end of 1. Hawks playing their tails off. Forced 7 RH turnovers.

21-16 RH at half. Game is going how it has to go for Hawks to have a chance, but they need to knock down some shots.

Last edited:
RH-Hiland tied at 13 end of 1. Hawks playing their tails off. Forced 7 RH turnovers.

21-16 RH at half. Game is going how it has to go for Hawks to have a chance, but they need to knock down some shots.
This game went about how most people expected. Hard to guard 6’7 and 6’7 with no ones above 6’2 and not making many threes.

This game went about how most people expected. Hard to guard 6’7 and 6’7 with no ones above 6’2 and not making many threes.
Hawks have only got 6 shots off so far in the 3rd qtr!

Over the course of 32 min the size and talent advantage will come to bear. Coach Schlabach had a good plan except for the part where his team gets and knocks down shots. Lol.

End of 3: RH 43-21

The fat lady has put on the horn hat and is clearing her throat.

59-21 final. Ouch.

Last edited:
It helps if you don’t have to play anybody until state.
Correct. Hiland would have been a 4 seed in Richmond Heights district this year. They would have either decided to play Richmond Heights in the district semis or play at Cornerstone or at Dalton in the sectional finals. All 3 of those teams are better than the other teams they faced in this year’s tournament.

We got out played they were just to big I don’t how this is allowed in division 4. This is like Columbus whirle use to be. We competed the first half I think RH change the defense couldn’t get no more threes nothing inside and could not get a rebound. We did not have a single foul shot that has to be a record. Are big guy was to skinny and slow to do anything. I think we can compete with any division 4 normal school I am excited to watch the other division 4 game.

We got out played they were just to big I don’t how this is allowed in division 4. This is like Columbus whirle use to be. We competed the first half I think RH change the defense couldn’t get no more threes nothing inside and could not get a rebound. We did not have a single foul shot that has to be a record. Are big guy was to skinny and slow to do anything. I think we can compete with any division 4 normal school I am excited to watch the other division 4 game.
you were not complaining when you had a 1st team all state player transfer in to your school .. your not winning those 2 titles without the move in transfer

I have zero sympathy for Hiland. Zero.

RH cheated. Plain and simple. Friggin kept making basket after basket. CHEATERS!!!

Holy crap that was ugly for BH. I am rooting for Antwerp, but in a way I hope they lose. Save themselves a beatdown