Suburban league 2022

Everybody
Okay....

For the American, I think it is a case of the haves(Barberton, Aurora, Highland, Tallmadge) and the have nots(Kent, Copley, Revere and Falls) My personal picks for the American is:

Barberton
Highland
Aurora
Tallmadge
Revere
Copley
Kent
Falls

I dont know near enough about the National to make any selections

Okay....

For the American, I think it is a case of the haves(Barberton, Aurora, Highland, Tallmadge) and the have nots(Kent, Copley, Revere and Falls) My personal picks for the American is:

Barberton
Highland
Aurora
Tallmadge
Revere
Copley
Kent
Falls

I dont know near enough about the National to make any selections
Do barberton going to have a freshman team last year they didn't not

What are non league schedules? Barberton is:

Wadsworth
@Stow
@St. Vincent-St. Mary

Is there discussion about that?
Not that I'm aware, just an obvious observation. Competing against Highland and Aurora in football every season can be just as challenging as the the best schools in the National Division. Schools like Akron Springfield, Field, Ravenna, and Coventry are much more on the competitive level with Falls. Maybe the SL American could swap them for Norton or Streetsboro.

Not that I'm aware, just an obvious observation. Competing against Highland and Aurora in football every season can be just as challenging as the the best schools in the National Division. Schools like Akron Springfield, Field, Ravenna, and Coventry are much more on the competitive level with Falls. Maybe the SL American could swap them for Norton or Streetsboro.
CVCA makes sense for the SL if they would be willing to add a private school. Travel is terrible for the Royals, whose current league is centered around the area between Massillon and Wooster.

Schools like Akron Springfield, Field, Ravenna, and Coventry are much more on the competitive level with Falls.
Could you imagine the shock one would've caused 50 years ago saying this? Even Stow didn't compete with Falls (lost 44-0 in 76) back then, let alone the rest of the then Metro. Shocking how Falls has slid

Could you imagine the shock one would've caused 50 years ago saying this? Even Stow didn't compete with Falls (lost 44-0 in 76) back then, let alone the rest of the then Metro. Shocking how Falls has slid
To be fair, did you see Cuyahoga Falls' preliminary enrollment numbers? 876...enrollment is declining quickly and the community is aging. I imagine Parma was a force to be reckoned with at their peak.

Falls has fallen so badly in so many sports. It's hard to watch. They had state champion caliber baseball and basketball teams back in the 80's and 90's. Football teams were always competitive as well. Any kid that's worth anything anymore in Falls open enrolls somewhere or goes private.

Falls has fallen so badly in so many sports. It's hard to watch. They had state champion caliber baseball and basketball teams back in the 80's and 90's. Football teams were always competitive as well. Any kid that's worth anything anymore in Falls open enrolls somewhere or goes private.
Those early 90's basketball games between Falls and Barberton were something to behold..

As for the current state of affairs. Falls will finish last in the SL American and I would be surprised if they stay within 20 points in any league game this year

Some players to look out for from Barberton:

Roosevelt Andrews(DE, RB)
Kenny Larry(WR, CB)
Corey Gibson(LB)
Xavier Macon(RB)
DuJuan Owens(CB)

Josef Burgan(LB)
Jaekell Springer(OL)
Brayden Stefan(OL)

Last edited by a moderator: