Dayton D1 Tournament..... no one talking?

Regarding the Lakota West - Centerville game: It was my first time seeing LW, and I was baffled by their offense. Dudukovich averaged 25+ PPG this season and dropped a school record 51 in a game back in December, but it seemed like West weren't even trying to get him the ball against Centerville. Sure, some of that could be attributed to the Elks' defense, but trip after trip down the floor he'd just be standing out on the wing, nobody setting a screen for him, no movement, and nobody even really looking in his direction. Was that typical of LW? It almost seemed like his teammates were freezing him out...

Regarding the Lakota West - Centerville game: It was my first time seeing LW, and I was baffled by their offense. Dudukovich averaged 25+ PPG this season and dropped a school record 51 in a game back in December, but it seemed like West weren't even trying to get him the ball against Centerville. Sure, some of that could be attributed to the Elks' defense, but trip after trip down the floor he'd just be standing out on the wing, nobody setting a screen for him, no movement, and nobody even really looking in his direction. Was that typical of LW? It almost seemed like his teammates were freezing him out...
From the games I saw, the answer is yes. They never seemed to have anything in their offense that forced the ball to him. But it was what I always saw from him when he did eventually get the ball that has impressed me the most.

Most kids of his caliber would have responded to being on this team by first, pressing the issue to create and score as soon as they finally get the ball, leading to a lot of bad shots, turnovers, and eventually frustration. Which leads to the 2nd thing. That frustration would build until they would blow up on their teammates for not knowing how to play with him and not being good enough.

Instead, I watched that kid always stay patient and let the game come to him, then flow through the game like water. I said it on here a few weeks ago, but he's one of the most impressive high school players I've seen in person in 30+ years of watching the high school game for his natural game sense and body control. He's about to break the school record for points in the first couple of games next season. Its a shame West lost so many players to football this year. In my opinion, they could have been a state contender this year instead a middling of the league GMC team.

From the games I saw, the answer is yes. They never seemed to have anything in their offense that forced the ball to him. But it was what I always saw from him when he did eventually get the ball that has impressed me the most.

Most kids of his caliber would have responded to being on this team by first, pressing the issue to create and score as soon as they finally get the ball, leading to a lot of bad shots, turnovers, and eventually frustration. Which leads to the 2nd thing. That frustration would build until they would blow up on their teammates for not knowing how to play with him and not being good enough.

Instead, I watched that kid always stay patient and let the game come to him, then flow through the game like water. I said it on here a few weeks ago, but he's one of the most impressive high school players I've seen in person in 30+ years of watching the high school game for his natural game sense and body control. He's about to break the school record for points in the first couple of games next season. Its a shame West lost so many players to football this year. In my opinion, they could have been a state contender this year instead a middling of the league GMC team.
Agreed. Tons of talent in the pipeline too if they can keep football from stealing it.

Anyone want to weigh in with their analysis of the first game?

Fairfield 51
Wayne 42
Fairfield played about a C+ game and won by 9. Wayne has 3 really good players but are horrendous otherwise. The officiating was terrible. Fairfield is in the final 8, where their talent level probably deserves to be.

Also, please tell me the entire MAC and Horizon leagues are knocking down Anthony Johnson’s door.

According to a coach 0 D1 rides w a preferred walk on at Wright State to this point.
I’m confident that will change. There are plenty of players who get late offers in their senior year from the lower D1 schools, particularly after a big tournament. All he’s going to have to do is send coaches this game film.

According to a coach 0 D1 rides w a preferred walk on at Wright State to this point.
Hate to say it, but that might be the correct call. I see him as one of those kids that is just an incredible high school player, but never really is able to translate his play to the next level. That's my take at least, after seeing him play a few times this year.

Hate to say it, but that might be the correct call. I see him as one of those kids that is just an incredible high school player, but never really is able to translate his play to the next level. That's my take at least, after seeing him play a few times this year.
I think he’s a better player at this point than someone like, say CJ Fleming, who just scored 27 points in a D1 conference title game last night. Overall athletic ability, ball handling, and shooting ability is definitely good enough for D1.

I think he’s a better player at this point than someone like, say CJ Fleming, who just scored 27 points in a D1 conference title game last night. Overall athletic ability, ball handling, and shooting ability is definitely good enough for D1.
I'm gonna disagree with you. I think you're letting the flashy quickness get you.

For PG it is. There’s a lot of 6-0 tall guys that can shoot and dribble. Can they create separation? Can they explode enough to finish at the rim?
I just don't think what he has is going to translate to college very well, particularly D1.

Cats, ilI was told by an Alter parent his Mom, him, & 2 brothers moved into Centerville over 2 years ago. He was going to go to Centerville then, along with his 2 brothers & his uncle took him to CJ?
Might be wrong, so apologize if it is

CJ was recruited at the D2 level though, Bellarmine moved to D1 2 years ago. He was a 5th year Sr this year.