Longest drive for a district game?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Seeing some complaining about long drives for district games up in NEO. With the district setup, there are quite a few long drives that don't exactly equate to a "district".

The one I'm seeing now is Louisville vs Canton South all the way up in Ashtabula.

I know that some are in favor of the superdistricts but this is one of the problems that is created.

At least its not as bad as when Pepper Pike Orange had to go to St. Mary's Memorial for a first round football playoff game. That one will never be topped.

I do want to give a shout out to the state for putting the districts in Wellston. 4 teams played there yesterday. Shortest drive was 45 miles. Longest was 48. It was pretty much perfect as far as travel goes.

I know this is boys discussion, but Region 16 semi-finalists in girls being played at Vandalia-Butler

Cincinnati Country Day (62 miles)
Ft. Loramie (43 miles)

Tri-Village (40 miles)
Danville (127 miles)

Just seems crazy that a team from NE of Columbus is in the SW Region.

I want to know why the DI Cincinnati Region has to wait 8 days for their next game.
I’ll do you one better. Explain to me why University of Dayton gets to host the Division II and Division IV Southwest district final games when they are hosting the state tournament 2 weeks later?

Louisville and Canton South both OVER 100 miles from Ashtabula..that is insane especially on weekday for high school students! When both schools were at 1 time in same league and could easily be playing in Stark County!!

I know this is boys discussion, but Region 16 semi-finalists in girls being played at Vandalia-Butler

Cincinnati Country Day (62 miles)
Ft. Loramie (43 miles)

Tri-Village (40 miles)
Danville (127 miles)

Just seems crazy that a team from NE of Columbus is in the SW Region.
1995 Delphos St. John's, in NW Ohio, played Portsmouth East, on the Ohio River, in the Regional finals at the Fairgrounds Coliseum in Columbus. This was for the SE Regional Championship.

Seeing some complaining about long drives for district games up in NEO. With the district setup, there are quite a few long drives that don't exactly equate to a "district".

The one I'm seeing now is Louisville vs Canton South all the way up in Ashtabula.

I know that some are in favor of the superdistricts but this is one of the problems that is created.
When the NEDAB went to more seeding and superdistricts across multiple sports, they claimed that their surveys indicated that coaches and ADs were less concerned about travel than they were about ending up in a stacked draw that was based strictly on geography, a la the old days.

The Louisville/Canton South game will now be played at GlenOak on Wednesday

Wauseon had to drive an hour and 30 minutes to a Sectional Game at Lima Senior!! Now they have to drive an hour and 30 minutes to a district game at Ohio Northern.

My first thought was that any complaints about travel should be forwarded to the individual head coaches. They are the ones that pick their lines on the bracket, and they are clearly aware of where the games will be located. Almost any team that makes it this far was rated high enough to have multiple sites to pick from when they chose, and they chose what they thought was best for them competitively travel included. All that being said if we moving games, any chance the Akron Buchtel vs Akron East game scheduled at North Ridgeville this week could get moved a little closer to Copley road (is the gym in the old Central-Hower building being used, that's about midway between Buchtel and East), Ellet has a brand new gym and so does Firestone, just saying,,,

Did Louisville and Canton South choose to go to the Ashtabula District, or were they pre-assigned?

If they chose that district, Ashtabula shouldn't have to give up one of the 3 games. It isn't their fault two teams 100 miles away chose that spot on the bracket.

My first thought was that any complaints about travel should be forwarded to the individual head coaches. They are the ones that pick their lines on the bracket, and they are clearly aware of where the games will be located. Almost any team that makes it this far was rated high enough to have multiple sites to pick from when they chose, and they chose what they thought was best for them competitively travel included. All that being said if we moving games, any chance the Akron Buchtel vs Akron East game scheduled at North Ridgeville this week could get moved a little closer to Copley road (is the gym in the old Central-Hower building being used, that's about midway between Buchtel and East), Ellet has a brand new gym and so does Firestone, just saying,,,
It would be awesome if games were scheduled in the historic Akron Central high school gym!

I think moving the Canton South/Louisville game, while logical, is a bad move by whoever made this decision. Why can't other games get moved now? Ursuline/Howland play in the other semi-final. Why couldn't that game get moved to Fitch? Would be a better crowd and atmosphere. Both of those teams chose to go into the Lakeside district. If travel was a concern, they could have chosen the Boardman district. I think this has set a precedent for other games to get changed, and I am not sure we want to start doing that.