Are you a true West Sider??

It's sad that this is happening the way it is. However, to say this wouldn't happen on the East Side is not accurate. The east side is filled with brand new extremely modern looking buildings that don't fit their historic neighborhoods at all. It's all over Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Oakley and making its way into Madisonville.

I am a huge fan of old buildings, especially old homes.... Price Hill is filled with so many wonderfully designed homes from a historical standpoint. Driving up and down the streets I love looking at all the homes that are all completely different, in a good way.

Now, I realize that I am probably being naive, but I don't get what the fuss is about with this building. Great, I get it's old; but in my not expert opinion at all, it's kind of ugly, and is situated awkwardly sort of on top of that old auto shop. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's worth saving. What am I missing? To compare this building to the old Gamble House is not anywhere close to the same. The Gamble House was incredible. I would be more pressed to preserve the historical character of the homes in the residential areas and get the dilapidated ones up to par with what they should be.
I have to agree. I never heard any love for that building before this plan came about. Not all old buildings are historic.

He had an out and the Boys and Girls Club would have gone along with it had they wanted to work with the community. It does "stink" that a group that does so much good, completely ignores the wishes of their neighbors. For some reason it has been so from the very start of their relationship with West Price Hill. They even fought the neighborhood over putting windows on the Glenway side when they built their current building so that it would look marginally less ugly than as it was planned.

Radel had an out. He refused to work with the West Price Hill Community Council, Price Hill Will and The Port Authority. As did the Boys and Girls Club. There was a plan to accommodate the Boys and Girls Club expansion, make Radel whole and preserve a historic building for the benefit of the neighborhood. Why did Radel and the Boys and Girl Club refuse to work with those organizations? I believe it is spite and ego. Its a shame. This would have never happened on the Eastside of town.
I think you talking about Radel from your point of view, without knowing everything you claim you do about the situation. Aftab won’t step up for Price Hill? If he can put a stop to a police investigation in Mt. Airy he can certainly save an old building in Price Hill. What’s Cramerding’s take on all this?

How can it be NIMBY when properties have been offered to them for their development within a block or two of this same parcel? NIMBY was one of the lies promoted by the Boys and Girls Club lobbyists to slander the people of West Price Hill. The fact is that they were welcomed into the neighborhood when they moved up from Lower Price Hill and their planned expansion has also been welcomed by the neighborhood. In response to neighborhood outreach, we have received nothing but dismissiveness and scorn. Its as if the Boys and Girls Club only see half of the neighborhood and disregard everyone they do not directly serve.
Fair enough. I guess I'm just struggling to see what the fuss is about this particular building. It's pretty ugly truthfully and hasn't it already been modified to a great degree anyway?

It's sad that this is happening the way it is. However, to say this wouldn't happen on the East Side is not accurate. The east side is filled with brand new extremely modern looking buildings that don't fit their historic neighborhoods at all. It's all over Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Oakley and making its way into Madisonville.

I am a huge fan of old buildings, especially old homes.... Price Hill is filled with so many wonderfully designed homes from a historical standpoint. Driving up and down the streets I love looking at all the homes that are all completely different, in a good way.

Now, I realize that I am probably being naive, but I don't get what the fuss is about with this building. Great, I get it's old; but in my not expert opinion at all, it's kind of ugly, and is situated awkwardly sort of on top of that old auto shop. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's worth saving. What am I missing? To compare this building to the old Gamble House is not anywhere close to the same. The Gamble House was incredible. I would be more pressed to preserve the historical character of the homes in the residential areas and get the dilapidated ones up to par with what they should be.
I agree, the Gamble house was a more worthy project than the Radel building. Gamble was in a neighborhood of other beautiful old homes, the stretch of Glenway that Radel sits on is a mess of ugly old business building with very little historical significance. Tear Radel down and move on. I would like to see some sort of zoning put into place so that any future tear down/redevelops on that stretch of Glenway would have to meet some sort of architectural design requirements so it wouldn’t be the eyesore it is today.

I agree, the Gamble house was a more worthy project than the Radel building. Gamble was in a neighborhood of other beautiful old homes, the stretch of Glenway that Radel sits on is a mess of ugly old business building with very little historical significance. Tear Radel down and move on. I would like to see some sort of zoning put into place so that any future tear down/redevelops on that stretch of Glenway would have to meet some sort of architectural design requirements so it wouldn’t be the eyesore it is today.
I think that's a great idea. I'd like to see the businesses all have to be a certain distance from the road, that stretch of Glenway is extremely busy, the road in poor shape, and speed limit nowhere close to being enforced. It's amazing cars don't crash into buildings regularly.

Now Price Hill Will wants to move it. But they don't say where.

I think 300k would be much better spent elsewhere. Because then you have to rehab the home. And I'm sure you have to buy property to move it to. This seems like a million dollar investment at this point to try to save an ugly building. I'm really confused over this.

I think 300k would be much better spent elsewhere. Because then you have to rehab the home. And I'm sure you have to buy property to move it to. This seems like a million dollar investment at this point to try to save an ugly building. I'm really confused over this.
It’s getting weirder.

The Romans built an aqueduct from the Alps to Rome in less time.
Truth.

I am always perplexed why these highway construction projects take so long. It took them less time in the 50s, 60s, and 70s to do the work than it does today. We have better technology, equipment, and materials, so why does everything take so long?

On a similar note, we all know I-75 has been under construction since pretty much I can remember, with absolutely zero progress. Anyways, Gov. Beshear stated he is hoping to break ground on the new Brent Spence companion bridge next year. That will mean a massive overhaul of I-75 on both sides of the river. Can't wait for that nightmare headache to begin.

Truth.

I am always perplexed why these highway construction projects take so long. It took them less time in the 50s, 60s, and 70s to do the work than it does today. We have better technology, equipment, and materials, so why does everything take so long?

On a similar note, we all know I-75 has been under construction since pretty much I can remember, with absolutely zero progress. Anyways, Gov. Beshear stated he is hoping to break ground on the new Brent Spence companion bridge next year. That will mean a massive overhaul of I-75 on both sides of the river. Can't wait for that nightmare headache to begin.
The operators of the Anderson Ferry are licking their chop$!

The operators of the Anderson Ferry are licking their chop$!
I'm sure they are. I think they may need another boat or a larger one because when the bridge was under construction last year, the wait for the ferry was well over 30 minutes most of the time.

Truth.

The Muddy Creek sewer project has gone longer than the Great Wall of China.

Where is Pete Witte in all of this ? Has anyone heard from "Price Hill" Pete ? or should I say "$$$$" Pete ?
His business is across the street so I’d imagine you could find $$$$ Pete (whatever that means) most days at his business. Think he still a Price Hill resident too.

His business is across the street so I’d imagine you could find $$$$ Pete (whatever that means) most days at his business. Think he still a Price Hill resident too.
As I understand it, $$$$ Pete has a stake in the B & G club across the street from his business. Seems strange to me that $$$$ Pete is "fighting" for PH on all kinds of topics and silent on this one. It's just odd to me that he's nowhere to be seen or heard from on this one.

$300K to move it is insane, then the cost to fix it up once it lands somewhere? Seems it bit much. Spend that money elsewhere!

Delhi Twp. Trustees want to end the Delhi Skirt Game citing complaints from residents and sponsors about men dressing up as women as offensive. I see Delhi residents putting up a big fight to continue this.

$300K to move it is insane, then the cost to fix it up once it lands somewhere? Seems it bit much. Spend that money elsewhere!
That was a silly non-starter from the get-go. It should have been saved. B&G's Club slandered the people of Price Hill as a bunch of kid haters when nothing could have been further from the truth. The simple minded or spineless members of Council bought it though. Too bad.

Delhi Twp. Trustees want to end the Delhi Skirt Game citing complaints from residents and sponsors about men dressing up as women as offensive. I see Delhi residents putting up a big fight to continue this.
The people offended can get f’d. They wouldn’t be upset if they were actual drag queens reading story time to kids at the Delhi Library.

The people offended can get f’d. They wouldn’t be upset if they were actual drag queens reading story time to kids at the Delhi Library.
The same people complaining would be (rightfully) upset if Delhi Middle School didn’t allow a male student or teacher wear a skirt at school (while simultaneously allowing female students or teachers wear them) because they like wearing skirts. So why would they be upset by this?