Rock Hall Nominees for the Class of 2022

Those I would vote for>

Beck
Devo
Eminem
Eurythmics
Judas Priest
Pat Benatar

On the fence with Rage, they have the attitude thing down but not sure they have the depth of tunes to warrant an induction.

Imagine if they had any clauses for induction for not using any performance enhancing drugs (PED"s)?? ?

I mean that is essentially what it has been for a long time and what it should be.

Nope.... this thing has become a joke. It is suppose to be Rock-N-Roll.... if it is not Rock-n-Roll then it does not qualify. It is the over wussification of everyone is a winner BS that has destroyed this Country causing the weakest minded individuals in the History of this Country. A Country where noone wants to work anymore.

Keep the rap and all the other non Rock crap out of this Hall of Fame......

I use to think the same thing as many above but have come around and now look at the Rock Hall as more about the "ethos" of the name Rock & Roll than the performers having to play guitars and have a certain sound. Yes I believe there should be more heavy metal and prog acts in the Hall but not at the expense of rap acts that are more rock and roll in attitude and sound than many of folks already in it. My turning point was LL Cool J's performance at the induction ceremony this past year, what I saw was Rock & Roll and he deserved the induction.

Nope.... this thing has become a joke. It is suppose to be Rock-N-Roll.... if it is not Rock-n-Roll then it does not qualify. It is the over wussification of everyone is a winner BS that has destroyed this Country causing the weakest minded individuals in the History of this Country. A Country where noone wants to work anymore.

Keep the rap and all the other non Rock crap out of this Hall of Fame......
Give it up grandpa.

Rappers are the new rockstars.

Personally, I would rather go to a Tribe show anywhere else than see all of the others listed perform at the R&R HOF together. Lol.

Sorry, stretch he definition as much as you want, but Dolly Parton and Dionne Warwick have no business being on that list.

Dolly Parton is responsible for arguably the biggest song of all time and is a living legend and a pop culture icon. She deserves to be in there lol

So why isn't there a rap and hip hop hall of fame?

Since it's such a formidable category all by itself?
So you don't think pop stars like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston, etc deserve to be in there either? ?

we get it. You want the R&R HoF to be 90% old dead white guys. Thankfully the committee itself does not agree

It’s a joke that the MC5 are not in the hall of fame. Kick out the jams is an incredible ground breaking record.

I’m skeptical if Rage would accept the induction. Seems like something they wouldn’t be interested in doing.

So you don't think pop stars like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston, etc deserve to be in there either? ?

we get it. You want the R&R HoF to be 90% old dead white guys. Thankfully the committee itself does not agree
Jackson belongs, Whitney, meh.

Pop music is part of R and Roll.

Eminem will likely make it in this year
Kanye will likely make it in in his first year of eligibility
Drake will eventually be in there
Maybe Kendrick Lamar if he keeps up the quality

Only big rappers atm I can think of off the top of my head who are deserving or will make it in