Lasalle

See some of their wins have been changed to forfeits. :unsure: ineligible player?
Bingo--used a 5th year "senior" in some of the victories---looks like it changed Fenwick, Oak Hills, and Turpin to losses!! The 5th year player also played in wins over Wyoming, Colerain, and Roger Bacon so I'm not sure why those were not 2-0 forfeits as well---could get Colerain win #1.

Last edited:
Bingo--used a 5th year "senior" in some of the victories---looks like it changed Fenwick, Oak Hills, and Turpin to losses!! The 5th year player also played in wins over Wyoming, Colerain, and Roger Bacon so I'm not sure why those were not 2-0 forfeits as well---could get Colerain win #1.
IS the Old Colerain AD now at La Salle? Only he could try to slide a 5th year senior thru twice. LOL

Just remember....the current AD at La Salle (Brian Meyer) was the AD at Purcell when the alleged 5th year senior was in his high school window of 4 years while a student at Purcell. One would think he would know that the athlete in question was a 5th year senior just off that alone, right?
Meyer is pointing fingers but at the end of the day, this falls in his lap.
On another note, correct me if I am wrong-but AD Meyer also had an ineligible player during his tenure at Purcell.

"The man who continually searches for a scapegoat, in the end, shall become the shepherd of his own isolation with no one to blame but himself"

Just remember....the current AD at La Salle (Brian Meyer) was the AD at Purcell when the alleged 5th year senior was in his high school window of 4 years while a student at Purcell. One would think he would know that the athlete in question was a 5th year senior just off that alone, right?
Meyer is pointing fingers but at the end of the day, this falls in his lap.
On another note, correct me if I am wrong-but AD Meyer also had an ineligible player during his tenure at Purcell.

"The man who continually searches for a scapegoat, in the end, shall become the shepherd of his own isolation with no one to blame but himself"
When did LaSalle start accepting 5th year Seniors admission into the School?

Certainly, there must be accountability and the school administration are responsible but there is another factor here. The family in question has to be lying and possibly changing/creating documents.

Why do all you guys keep saying 5th year. When he enrolled at La Salle, it was his sixth year of high school not his fifth.
WOW! what school did Anthony go to before Lasalle. And I use his name, because if he is in his 6th year, he is def not a kid and over 18. So my next question would be in there a criminal investigation in to if and who falsified records? When he applied and registered at Lasalle I'm sure he didn't list that he had already completed 5 years of high school. I should add Anthony may not even be his real name. Perhaps he used someone else identity to enroll. Regardless this infraction is very serious and they kid is not even very good or made any impact in games.

WOW! what school did Anthony go to before Lasalle. And I use his name, because if he is in his 6th year, he is def not a kid and over 18. So my next question would be in there a criminal investigation in to if and who falsified records? When he applied and registered at Lasalle I'm sure he didn't list that he had already completed 5 years of high school. I should add Anthony may not even be his real name. Perhaps he used someone else identity to enroll. Regardless this infraction is very serious and they kid is not even very good or made any impact in games.
Wow is right! I don’t see how this doesn’t cost someone at LaSalle their job unless records were falsified for Admission to the School. Even if records were falsified I could still see someone losing their job over this insanity.

in Texas a few years back... a 20-21 year old forged docs to play in HS, and he was prosecuted

1641820959919.png

Guessing the last 2 games will be changed to forfeits as well?

Interested to see how bad the rest of the league’s student sections will be with their chants, when playing LaSalle. This is a bad look for the school.

The first line of defense here is with Admissions/Business Office/Counselors. These are the ones checking documents and placing students in school. Maybe we want to think Athletics reign over all but that certainly isn't the case.

The first line of defense here is with Admissions/Business Office/Counselors. These are the ones checking documents and placing students in school. Maybe we want to think Athletics reign over all but that certainly isn't the case.
Absolutely. I just can’t believe something like this can happen with the readily available resources today. Maybe I am wrong, but very embarrassing.

A 5th or 6th year senior in HS is not a kid. This guy and whoever “helped” him accomplish this are definitely first on the “blame” list.
I’d love to know how the guy received Admission into LaSalle and on the Basketball Team without anyone catching on or committing a Crime. Basketball this guys only sport while at LaSalle?

I should add Anthony may not even be his real name. Perhaps he used someone else identity to enroll.
If you search Google for his name, there is surprisingly little information about him considering the prevalence of sites like 247, MaxPreps, etc. Most of the links for that name related to high school sports refer to a DL recruit in Texas.

If you believe the LaSalle haters, it is the people (formerly) in those positions who are/were part of the problem with athletics dominating over the rest of the school.

It's a shame when this kind of thing happens. Human error is a hell of a thing as we all make mistakes---sometimes big ones.

It's a shame when this kind of thing happens. Human error is a hell of a thing as we all make mistakes---sometimes big ones.
Human error? maybe a little bit on administrator at Lasalle for not verifying information.....but this person whatever his real name is deceived and committed falsification all to be able to hang out in high school with younger kids, cause he evidently is not a very good basketball player. I'm sure someone recognized him and called Lasalle, starting an investigation. But clearly disturbing and criminal.
lasalle.PNG

Think about this, this person obviously is not a good enough player to have an impact. So, there is no upside for the basketball program. The majority of HS coaches will give players an opportunity to be part of it and have a positive experience for the player. I'm guessing they believed it all, we know they are frauds and lie. Now the basketball program and dedicated players are punished. Shame on this family.

Think about this, this person obviously is not a good enough player to have an impact. So, there is no upside for the basketball program. The majority of HS coaches will give players an opportunity to be part of it and have a positive experience for the player. I'm guessing they believed it all, we know they are frauds and lie. Now the basketball program and dedicated players are punished. Shame on this family.
Agree! Clearly Coach Goedde had no ideal this person was a fraud! Sad the rest of the team suffers.....but maybe this will bring them together as a team. They did legitimately beat Turpin and was beating X at halftime.