• Marysville by 1-7

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. A number of players were injured in game 1 and were still out during that time. And so what? Last year, St X struggled to score 10 points against Lakota and 12 points against SHS, before unloading 44 points in the 1st half against the state's #1 team in the state championship game. You said the defense was too "undisciplined" to do anything. Based on what? Did you check out the stats? Fairmont's ball control strategy didn't work because they couldn't get a first down. And, why did the all powerful, unstoppable Marysville need overtime to score 21 points and beat an average HD team? This is just stupid talk. You don't know the first thing about SHS. So be ready. You're in for a rude awakening.
I can’t believe people think marysville could possibly score 42 on shs it’s utterly ridiculous

Blowout totally possible. Look at pick central vs Saint x last year. I'm sure all of you guys predicted that. I'll get back on here Friday or Saturday and see what you guys have to say then.
That goes both ways then. There's no reason why SHS very well couldn't get the 42-7 blowout.

And Not to mention…Springfield Was still missing two of their starting WRs and One Just came back from being out since week 1. They knew they were up 17-0 at half and the game was over. Was probably one of the fastest games ever because Fairmont just Run run run.
Fairmont's offense was completely paralyzed the entire game, as was Centerville's and Springboro's offenses.

I never said I follow Springfield at all I said I watched all there games. I follow Marysville and Hobart Indiana which is my hometown. I didn't look at any stats on Springfield ever. Everything I posted was based on watching this team this season.
I've been following SHS football for over 30 years. And, I can't remember the last time anyone got over 40 points in a blowout win over Springfield. Last year, Northmont scored 38 points in an overtime shootout. Elder won 31-24 in the state semifinal. Fairfield won 16-12. You don't know what you're talking about. If SHS's passing game is on, Marysville will be the one on the receiving end of a blowout.

It's been tough sledding running on them this year. By far the most success anyone has had was Iggy going for 131 yards on 39 carries.

Wayne has three Power 5 caliber OL plus the TE that's going to Alabama and they managed 81 yards on 33 rushing attempts.
And SHS shutout Wayne for 3 quarters at home

The big question I have for this game is how much Marysville will feature Gabe Powers on offense? And will that hurt him rushing the passer if he has to get 20+ carries?

Personally, I’m not convinced the Wing T is going to work against Springfield. They have two 280-lb FBS defensive tackles, so running in the middle will be tough and holding the blocks on the misdirection will be even tougher. Springfield is also very fast on the back end, so running wide is difficult as well. You have to be able to spread Springfield out, hitting on the quick passing game and taking some deep shots, and that is very much not how Marysville is built.

Gabe Powers is awesome though. I wonder how Ohio State is going to use him. 6-5 players shouldn’t be able to run like he can. He could play LB or DE or even a TE similar to Michael Mayer at Norte Dame. He’s that talented.

The big question I have for this game is how much Marysville will feature Gabe Powers on offense? And will that hurt him rushing the passer if he has to get 20+ carries?

Personally, I’m not convinced the Wing T is going to work against Springfield. They have two 280-lb FBS defensive tackles, so running in the middle will be tough and holding the blocks on the misdirection will be even tougher. Springfield is also very fast on the back end, so running wide is difficult as well. You have to be able to spread Springfield out, hitting on the quick passing game and taking some deep shots, and that is very much not how Marysville is built.

Gabe Powers is awesome though. I wonder how Ohio State is going to use him. 6-5 players shouldn’t be able to run like he can. He could play LB or DE or even a TE similar to Michael Mayer at Norte Dame. He’s that talented.
Alot of athletes are gonna have an opportunity to shine Friday night.

Blowout totally possible. Look at pick central vs Saint x last year. I'm sure all of you guys predicted that. I'll get back on here Friday or Saturday and see what you guys have to say then.
42-7 ?
I have a feeling you may not be familiar with Springfields experienced and accomplished coach Douglass who has coached against wing t offenses before.
Welcome aboard and yes, we’ll be here Friday/sat. Yappieland has a way humbling new members ……..even ones who watch endless hours of video.

42-7 ?
I have a feeling you may not be familiar with Springfields experienced and accomplished coach Douglass who has coached against wing t offenses before.
Welcome aboard and yes, we’ll be here Friday/sat. Yappieland has a way humbling new members ……..even ones who watch endless hours of video.
Guess we will all see tomorrow night . The beauty is everybody on here gets to have an opinion but none of us get to play. So what we have to say means very little. I'm just saying don't sleep on the #2 team in the state they are there for a reason. . Go Monarchs!!

Guess we will all see tomorrow night . The beauty is everybody on here gets to have an opinion but none of us get to play. So what we have to say means very little. I'm just saying don't sleep on the #2 team in the state they are there for a reason. . Go Monarchs!!
Nobody is sleeping on Marysville. Everyone thinks they're legit and very capable of winning. If SHS wins, it will be a mild upset. But, it's unreasonable to suggest Marysville will put up 42 points on SHS's defense. So, don't sleep on the #5 team in the state either. They've been here twice before and won, giving up a total of 3 points in 2 consecutive R2 championship games.

Nobody is sleeping on Marysville. Everyone thinks they're legit and very capable of winning. If SHS wins, it will be a mild upset. But, it's unreasonable to suggest Marysville will put up 42 points on SHS's defense. So, don't sleep on the #5 team in the state either. They've been here twice before and won, giving up a total of 3 points in 2 consecutive R2 championship games.
I got the Ville 28-13 but like I said we all have are own opinions. Trust me nobody sleeps on anybody at this level. Good Luck to your boys and will see how it goes.

I got the Ville 28-13 but like I said we all have are own opinions. Trust me nobody sleeps on anybody at this level. Good Luck to your boys and will see how it goes.
That's certainly possible if SHS isn't on top of their game. In fact, I was just thinking that 28 points is the most I could see SHS giving up if they play a bad game. On offense, it's impossible to predict until the game gets underway. I will admit the offense has run hot n cold this season but not in the playoffs. Last Friday night's weather affected both teams. Tomorrow's forecast is supposed to be cold but no precipitation or wind. We'll have to see how Smoot runs on Marysville's defense, how the passing game goes and whether they finish red zone drives or leave points on the field. My gut feeling is Marysville will have trouble dealing with SHS's speed as the passing game will be on. My prediction is the 'Cats get up big and then hold on to win 28-14. Good luck to both teams for a clean, injury free game where both leave everything out on the field. I do think the winner will be in Canton.

That's certainly possible if SHS isn't on top of their game. In fact, I was just thinking that 28 points is the most I could see SHS giving up if they play a bad game. On offense, it's impossible to predict until the game gets underway. I will admit the offense has run hot n cold this season but not in the playoffs. Last Friday night's weather affected both teams. Tomorrow's forecast is supposed to be cold but no precipitation or wind. We'll have to see how Smoot runs on Marysville's defense, how the passing game goes and whether they finish red zone drives or leave points on the field. My gut feeling is Marysville will have trouble dealing with SHS's speed as the passing game will be on. My prediction is the 'Cats get up big and then hold on to win 28-14. Good luck to both teams for a clean, injury free game where both leave everything out on the field. I do think the winner will be in Canton.

Yes it's all about who plays there game if these defenses play there game nobody will score...lol If your qb gets anything he will be the first this year. I live a half mile from Hilliard Darby so I'm definitely happy about that and will be in the stands. Weather was bad at our game in lima as well but didn't affect us as much since we run the ball 95% of the time. I can see where a passing team would have problems.

Yes it's all about who plays there game if these defenses play there game nobody will score...lol If your qb gets anything he will be the first this year. I live a half mile from Hilliard Darby so I'm definitely happy about that and will be in the stands. Weather was bad at our game in lima as well but didn't affect us as much since we run the ball 95% of the time. I can see where a passing team would have problems.
See, even in the games where SHS's offense wasn't finishing drives and scoring points, they still moved the ball well and won the battle for field position. I can't think of one game this year where it wasn't that way. So, don't expect what you're used to seeing from opponents this year who couldn't move the ball. IMO, Marysville's keys to victory are creating turnovers and holding SHS to field goal attempts. In other words, defense should prepare to bend but don't break. But, if SHS is able to finish drives, it will be a long night for Marysville.

The only problem is Springfield has been having a hard time finishing them off. It's gotten worse as the season progresses. Go Wildcats!

I'm a little further from Darby. About a mile away LOL ! I will be there. Looking forward to this game. I think Springfield will take it but at this point of the season anything can happen. Who wants it more when the going gets tough and who keeps their composure if this is close in the 4th quarter ? Very interesting matchup of two hard hitting teams. Will not forget the SHS vs Davidson game in 2018 at London. A real rockem sockem affair. Could this game be similar ? Just the type of game I like to see.

The only problem is Springfield has been having a hard time finishing them off. It's gotten worse as the season progresses. Go Wildcats!
True. And that was their downfall against St X. There probably won't be alot of scoring opportunities tomorrow. So, they can't leave points on the field like they did last week. But, I do think the emotion for this game coupled with their experience winning at this level the past 2 years will carry them through. Also, SHS has better experience playing 4 full quarters as you saw in the Ignatius, Wayne, Miamisburg and Findlay games. If SHS gets down, they'll be ok with mounting a comeback. But, if Marysville gets down early on, we don't know how they'll respond to that. That hasn't really been their experience this year, especially in the playoffs. They haven't been tested much. SHS is more battle tested and playoff experienced.

I'm a little further from Darby. About a mile away LOL ! I will be there. Looking forward to this game. I think Springfield will take it but at this point of the season anything can happen. Who wants it more when the going gets tough and who keeps their composure if this is close in the 4th quarter ? Very interesting matchup of two hard hitting teams. Will not forget the SHS vs Davidson game in 2018 at London. A real rockem sockem affair. Could this game be similar ? Just the type of game I like to see.
We should have a Yappi tailgate somewhere like Rusty Bucket

I don't know Hilliard at all
Just don't walk anywhere after dark there and you will be fine... Just kidding. I have been here since 1998 and know it like the back of my hand. Rusty Bucket on Cemetery and Britton in front of Giant Eagle is good. Just right off 270. Just let me know. If not, Darby has a big parking lot with plenty of space for a get together pre game. I plan on eating at the stadium anyway because the restaurants are typically packed on Friday nights and don' want to be late to the game.

Just don't walk anywhere after dark there and you will be fine... Just kidding. I have been here since 1998 and know it like the back of my hand. Rusty Bucket on Cemetery and Britton in front of Giant Eagle is good. Just right off 270. Just let me know. If not, Darby has a big parking lot with plenty of space for a get together pre game. I plan on eating at the stadium anyway because the restaurants are typically packed on Friday nights and don' want to be late to the game.
Is that the Rusty Bucket that's impossible to find the entrance into?

I've been following SHS football for over 30 years. And, I can't remember the last time anyone got over 40 points in a blowout win over Springfield. Last year, Northmont scored 38 points in an overtime shootout. Elder won 31-24 in the state semifinal. Fairfield won 16-12. You don't know what you're talking about. If SHS's passing game is on, Marysville will be the one on the receiving end of a blowout.

Springfield has had some great defenses and very rarely has given up huge points . But 2015 I remember Coffman won 41-7 over them adn Butler I believe got over 50 on them that year as well

I don't see a Marysville blowout, in fact, the wild card for me is how they decide to use their Wham scheme. Whitmer is a good football team and the Belly series resulted in Marysville being into the secondary before anyone laid a glove on the back. If Marysville can hit on a couple of those early it may or may not result in a score but it could keep the score close due to rotten field position for Springfield. Of course rotten field position works both ways.

I don't see a Marysville blowout, in fact, the wild card for me is how they decide to use their Wham scheme. Whitmer is a good football team and the Belly series resulted in Marysville being into the secondary before anyone laid a glove on the back. If Marysville can hit on a couple of those early it may or may not result in a score but it could keep the score close due to rotten field position for Springfield. Of course rotten field position works both ways.
One thing I've noticed about Marysville that concerns me is they're pretty good at jumping out to big leads early on and seizing control.

Springfield has had some great defenses and very rarely has given up huge points . But 2015 I remember Coffman won 41-7 over them adn Butler I believe got over 50 on them that year as well
I believe that was Mo first season game was at Coffman then Springfield beat them the following year at Wittenberg in the 2 day game and for whatever reason DC changed qbs the second day