Rotsky suspended 3 playoff games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. I just skimmed through some articles and BS on this site.

several players were found to have transferred to VASJ. The coach was found to have “recruited them”. The coach is on the bubble when it comes to coaching in the playoffs but the team stays intact. Maybe I’m not seeing something but shouldn’t the coach be suspended and the kids be done for the year. To my understanding transfers can only participate for the first half of the season.

Rumblings out of Viking Village is that JR will be on the sidelines. This is not confirmed but that is the word on the street. He had his hearing this afternoon.

The full hearing is not until November 8 I believe. Today was for a teMporary injunction, which the judge granted, so he will be coaching this Friday

The full hearing is not until November 8 I believe. Today was for a teMporary injunction, which the judge granted, so he will be coaching this Friday
Better hope he wins the whole thing, it would suck to have the 3 game penalty reinstated down the road when you could’ve missed the more inconsequential games.

The whole Rotsky saga has taken another twist involving the Vikings former head basketball coach now Cornerstone Christian Head Coach Babe Kwasniak who is un-named in this article but pretty obvious who this is based off actions. BrushArc will certainly love this one.

I don’t think that’ll factor in much to the trial Much, since the OHSAA isn’t the entity being accused of antisemitism.

but dam what a smart way to change the headline/narrative of this whole saga.

I don’t think that’ll factor in much to the trial Much, since the OHSAA isn’t the entity being accused of antisemitism.

but dam what a smart way to change the headline/narrative of this whole saga.
Likely not changing the outcome of the trial agreed, but may put hot water over CCA’s new coach and he hasn’t even coached a game yet. It’s just one giant SNL sketch at this point

"Chuck Kortovich, one of the basketball league’s coaches, encouraged the student-athletes and their families to introduce themselves to Rotsky and listen to him speak, according to the court documents."

Bylaw 4-9-2 defines recruiting as the use of influence by an individual, either connected or not connected to a school, to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete.
For example, coaches in an Independent School that contains grades PK-12 would be permitted contact with students enrolled in grades seven and eight within that Independent School. Likewise, coaches in a Catholic High School would be permitted contact with students at Catholic Grade School “X” if such grade school is within that high school’s boundaries as defined by the Diocese and on file with the OHSAA and the entire population of 7th and 8th grade students is assigned to that specific Catholic high school.

All you have to do is a blanket mailing to all students in a grade (male/female) and have a reply card that gives the school or coach to then contact the prospective student, not just football players. Can't make initial contact just because youw ant them on the team, period!
post all the cute little pics you want, doesn't change the facts vs by-laws. Doesn't matter if your Mick, dego, kraut?? our alien!

Bylaws were not followed and self reported, whether they are going to enforce them is really a crap shoot!
Doesn't matter if your Mick, dego, kraut??

His defense team is basically saying ( and lets assume antisemitism is in the heart of the person who took the picture) that gives Jeff the right to break the rules?? No logic there. maybe a lawsuit for slander if it could be proved, nothing to do with the already self-reported violations that were only reported before someone else could report them.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Eligibility/4-9GuidanceRecruiting.pdf

There isn’t a chance in hell the OHSAA will get into a lengthy (no win) legal battle here……especially given the endless resources this coach has…..now with the racist/antisemetic accusations being thrown in……they will cave…..now the focus and attention will turn over to a former basketball coach who apparently may have sent photos to the OHSAA….. how did phone calls ( and more importantly what was said during these calls) become part of this whole ordeal? getting quite messy.

There isn’t a chance in hell the OHSAA will get into a lengthy (no win) legal battle here……especially given the endless resources this coach has…..now with the racist/antisemetic accusations being thrown in……they will cave…..now the focus and attention will turn over to a former basketball coach who apparently may have sent photos to the OHSAA….. how did phone calls ( and more importantly what was said during these calls) become part of this whole ordeal? getting quite messy.
He is pulling the race card to deflect what he did. So transparent

I thought you needed someone permission to record a conversation on a call??
Don’t disagree with the deflection….but if true, there could be major issues with a different coach.
HE violated by-laws, they self reported that already, who saw him actually do it has nothing to do with what happened, smoke screen. His foundation is is biggest recruiting tool.

Don’t disagree with the deflection….but if true, there could be major issues with a different coach.
It’s a cluster f#ck with this guy. As an alumn, I want to win but not at this price.

Everyone says he’s about the kids. Ok. But this is also true too: IT IS REALLY ALL ABOUT HIM

HE violated by-laws, they self reported that already, who saw him actually do it has nothing to do with what happened, smoke screen. His foundation is is biggest recruiting tool.
100% agree. If it was a “he said he said” with no proof, then maybe it was motivated by other reasons. And not true.

As you said, it does nit change the fact he violated the rule.

Ohio is a one-party permission state, meaning only one party on a phone call/in a conversation needs to consent to the recording. 10 people in a room talking and one of those 10 is recording without the other 9 knowing? Legal. 10 people in a room and someone from outside recording? Not legal.

Ohio is a one-party permission state, meaning only one party on a phone call/in a conversation needs to consent to the recording. 10 people in a room talking and one of those 10 is recording without the other 9 knowing? Legal. 10 people in a room and someone from outside recording? Not legal.
Thanks! If calls were actually made to him with that crap, not good!

The whole Rotsky saga has taken another twist involving the Vikings former head basketball coach now Cornerstone Christian Head Coach Babe Kwasniak who is un-named in this article but pretty obvious who this is based off actions. BrushArc will certainly love this one.

I wish I could love this one my most respected chaber but I just cannot. It saddens me that this type of bigotry and commentary is still permitted to go on in our society. I congratulate the good people of VASJ for ridding themselves of someone that would lead in this manner and use this type of anti-Semitic rhetoric. One must wonder what else has been said and perhaps even captured by the good folks at VASJ that lead to the decision to fire Coach Babe if these types of comments are just now coming to light. I, for one, commend VASJ for giving someone with an expressed mental illness and depression issues multiple chances to restore dignity and normalcy but at some point you must look out of the student-athletes.

My hope is that the people at Cornerstone Christian follow that lead and act quickly. If not for my people whom he has insulted, for the young people he is bound to influence.

In catholic school systems, are catholic beliefs ever a factor that is considered when hiring or appointing leadership positions? Not that head coaches are leadership positions - not interested in that debate. But is the subject alone as verboten in the parochial system as it would be a public system? Just curious.

Can the VASJ posters please help me follow along here as I'm lost a bit.
I'm being serious not tryin to be a smarty pants.

1) Didn't the VASJ ADMINISTRATION voluntarily join the OHSAA and agree to the OHSAA rules?

2) Then didn't VASJ turn themselves in over Rotsky's OHSAA rules violation? Right?

3) Why would VASJ Admin go along with this court action being filed trying to skirt the OHSAA issued punishment?

I have to be missing something here....help me out will ya please?
I feel like there is an open secret and I'm the last guy to know who farted.
This is just to make sure that my brain still has a bit of logic and sense in it still.

Can the VASJ posters please help me follow along here as I'm lost a bit.
I'm being serious not tryin to be a smarty pants.

1) Didn't the VASJ ADMINISTRATION voluntarily join the OHSAA and agree to the OHSAA rules?

2) Then didn't VASJ turn themselves in over Rotsky's OHSAA rules violation? Right?

3) Why would VASJ Admin go along with this court action being filed trying to skirt the OHSAA issued punishment?

I have to be missing something here....help me out will ya please?
I feel like there is an open secret and I'm the last guy to know who farted.
This is just to make sure that my brain still has a bit of logic and sense in it still.
I haven’t seen any indication that VASJ is supporting the lawsuit.

In catholic school systems, are catholic beliefs ever a factor that is considered when hiring or appointing leadership positions? Not that head coaches are leadership positions - not interested in that debate. But is the subject alone as verboten in the parochial system as it would be a public system? Just curious.

Depends upon the school and the school system. Some are apparently more subject to Diocese rules than others. We just had this conversation on another thread and I forgot all the conclusions and explanations. Someone will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.