#13 Col. Independence (5-5 @ #4 Massillon (8-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon's offensive line demolished McKinley's dline. Can we dominate from here on out like we did on Saturday? I hear Hoover's dine is pretty good.

Games like these make me cringe at the expanded playoffs, but I'm sure Massillon like Fitch would not want to see Harding again who comes in at number 11.

#15 Massillon 8-2
#6- Pick. Central L
#138- GlenOak W
#38- Reynoldsburg W
#72- Warren W
#2- St. Edward L
#67- Fitch W
#150- Euclid W
Canisius NY (Ranked #1 in state of NY day of game) W
#170- Wooster W
#60- McKinley W

#347 Independence (Columbus) 5-5
#539- Northland W
#90- Col. DeSales L
#57- Hil. Davidson L
#692- Col. West W
#216- Eastmoor L
#395- Marion-Franklin L
#280- Col. South L
#579- Briggs W
#417- Africentric W
#543- Walnut Ridge W

Rankings via Massey Ratings
Their Game prediction: Massillon 47 - Independence 7

#15 Massillon 8-2
#6- Pick. Central L
#138- GlenOak W
#38- Reynoldsburg W
#72- Warren W
#2- St. Edward L
#67- Fitch W
#150- Euclid W
Canisius NY (Ranked #1 in state of NY day of game) W
#170- Wooster W
#60- McKinley W

#347 Independence (Columbus) 5-5
#539- Northland W
#90- Col. DeSales L
#57- Hil. Davidson L
#692- Col. West W
#216- Eastmoor L
#395- Marion-Franklin L
#280- Col. South L
#579- Briggs W
#417- Africentric W
#543- Walnut Ridge W

Rankings via Massey Ratings
Their Game prediction: Massillon 47 - Independence 7
I'll give props to Independence both them and DeSales had a open game week 2 that they found out about on Monday. They took the game at short notice and went to DeSales. It of course was a early season game. But my impressions were they have very good size and exceptional speed in the Back field and at Wr's . Their biggest downfall seemed to be conditioning and weight training. The 1st quarter and a half they were you could argue the better team. But once they got down in the score they seemed to lose their confidence. I was surprised they lost the 3 big games in a row to Eastmoor, MF and South in the middle of the season. I figured they were at worst the 2nd best team in the City this year. Their one RB was a All District kid as a Junior and they had a lot of returning kids who played last year together.
They have won 3 in a row , so i expect them to come out ready to play in the 1st Qt. But from 2nd Qt on it will be all Massilion.
Massey rating probably not to far off. IMO

I really haven't looked into Massey Ratings much until this year. They seem to be pretty accurate in picking the winner and even their actual score predictions seem to be fairly close in most cases.

Amen... Massillon finds a way to shoot themselves in the foot. Anyone know anything about the Independence PED/SARM scandal? I heard they will be missing both LB, a DE, and TE.
Hopefully Massillon doesn't run into Hoban this year lord knows they'll find a way to lose to those kids.
I think Centerville player #47 will shock the world this game
?I see that the Circus Clowns? are trolling.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.