#13 Col. Independence (5-5 @ #4 Massillon (8-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btw missed out giving my take on game yesterday. How lame to close biggest game of year w/in 24 hrs? Would have stayed open for 2 months had McKinley won.

Snowflakes.

Edit: I take it back. I did not realize the other game thread was still open.

Last edited:
I think Massillon cruises the two weeks, but anyone know anything about 10-0 Big Walnut?
I don't claim to know much about football in that area of the state. They're outscoring their opponents by an average score of 45-12. But their opponents cumulative record is 45-50. Those numbers are somewhat skewed by a 72-6 win over 0-8 Franklin Heights (as Massillon's are by 50-16 win over 0-10 Euclid). In the calpreps "Project a Matchup" feature it has Massillon at 52-3 winner this week and 31-28 vs. Big Walnut.

Col.Independence is part of the Col.City League. They will be like deer in the headlights
when they come to PBTS. I doubt if they bring more than 100 fans.

Go get 'em Tigers

:>---

SALT

I think Massillon cruises the two weeks, but anyone know anything about 10-0 Big Walnut?
Paper tiger. Yet another over-rated OCC team that chokes in the playoffs and loses hard to the first non Central Ohio team they play. I wouldn't be surprised to see them knocked off by Olentangy in round one.

Paper tiger. Yet another over-rated OCC team that chokes in the playoffs and loses hard to the first non Central Ohio team they play. I wouldn't be surprised to see them knocked off by Olentangy in round one.
I know one OCC team that isn’t over rated…. Seems they hung a W on the Tigers early in the year. The OCC has several D1 state titles over the last decade or so. Hilliard Davidson won a couple and so did Pickerington Central win multiple titles. That league is a very good league. The big school division is a grind and you have to bring it every week. The smaller school divisions have some good teams. I don’t think Massillon would have much trouble with Big Walnut.

I know one OCC team that isn’t over rated…. Seems they hung a W on the Tigers early in the year. The OCC has several D1 state titles over the last decade or so. Hilliard Davidson won a couple and so did Pickerington Central win multiple titles. That league is a very good league. The big school division is a grind and you have to bring it every week. The smaller school divisions have some good teams. I don’t think Massillon would have much trouble with Big Walnut.
Normally I would agree but this year is different. The Olentangy schools are all down relative to where they have been historically. Dublin Coffman is in rebuild mode, none of the Hilliard teams are any good, Lancaster is terrible, all four Southwest City school teams are bad. I see 2-3 really good teams a few average teams and a whole bunch of terrible.

Broad-brushing the OCC, given it has like 32 teams, is like comparing Sophia Vergara to Miley Cyrus. You shouldn't be comparing them to begin with.

Big Walnut is from the tomato can division of the OCC, which contains nothing but perennial punching bags with only Westerville South, Scioto, and Kilbourne even pretending to be occasionally good, and even those 3 teams significantly off this year.

Big Walnut chose to challenge themselves this year by playing OOC games against a 2-7 St Charles team and a pair of D3 schools while the rest of the OCC teams who have any kind of playoff aspirations were largely playing D1 teams.

Big Walnut is a young team that has some promising underclassmen playmakers, including some Cade Stover cousin/brother or whatever, and I'm sure they improved as this season went on. Since they played absolutely no one who is even remotely physical all year, those playmakers got loose and have scored a lot of points this year. What Big Walnut stans dont realize is, as soon as they do play a good physical team, their interior linemen are a liability and don't line up well with the best 16 teams in the state. Saw this for 24 min when Berlin dominated them in a weather shortened scrimmage back in August.

Massillon has absolutely zero to worry about from Big Walnut. Should it happen, its a running clock football game.

Normally I would agree but this year is different. The Olentangy schools are all down relative to where they have been historically. Dublin Coffman is in rebuild mode, none of the Hilliard teams are any good, Lancaster is terrible, all four Southwest City school teams are bad. I see 2-3 really good teams a few average teams and a whole bunch of terrible.
I can agree with all that. It is a down year overall for the league.

Calpreps has the Tigers favored by 53 points.
Wouldn’t take that bet with a running clock these days!

Louisville put 53 up on these guys in the first half in the opening round of 2008 and that’s when only 8 teams made it in each DII region. Won 60-24.

SKY SCORE! SKY SCORE!!!

I say the 76ers cover. Prediction:

Massillon 65
Independence 13

Status
Not open for further replies.