Louisville Leopards 2021

Unfortunately this isn’t professional or college sports and as such he’d be offered his teaching salary (which he already gets) , HC stipend( I don’t know their contract) which is probably 6-8500k, and maybe a 1k weight room stipend or 2.
I was being somewhat facetious more or less making fun of the amount of fans that attend the games.

Exactly right!
Sounds simple enough, but that is not the answer. The reason Louisville dominated for all those years in the nbc was depth, plain and simple...nothing more, nothing less. They're work ethic was no different than the rest of the league, nor were their athletes more skilled. Just depth, depth, depth!

What everyone should look at is another Indy school, Canfield. When the coach and AD see the numbers and talent coming up they schedule up. They avoided the easy (like Louisville did) temptation after getting left out of a local league to just sign up and play bigger local schools to avoid traveling. If they filled their schedule with Harding, Boardman, Fitch, Ursuline and Mooney, then they don't develop their program. Instead, they found more value to have their team travel an hour to play teams like Dover, NP, Louisville and others who were similar. They also have a coach who is building a program that the kids believe in. BTW, they are in the league for all other sports with Howland, Warren, Fitch and Boardman. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds simple enough, but that is not the answer. The reason Louisville dominated for all those years in the nbc was depth, plain and simple...nothing more, nothing less. They're work ethic was no different than the rest of the league, nor were their athletes more skilled. Just depth, depth, depth!
Get better, get wins, get depth! You won't develop depth on a losing team.

I think we had more depth because we won a lot. Louisville was a slightly bigger school some years, based on the number of boys, but everyone wanted to play football. Even if you just got to play special teams you wanted to play. Our freshman team has tons of depth and has won 2 games I think, depth does not fix everything.

We had a way for developing players that eventually became 1st team all county, all county player of the year, etc. That isnt depth that is talent. I am not sure what the work ethic was for other schools, but your right it was probably similar. The attitude was so different back then. Expectations were so much higher.

I agree the answer is simple, we have to get better. How to do that is up for debate, but we all know this isnt working. This storm could have happened anyway 9 man 7 & 8th grade football has nothing to do with us being kicked out of a league.

I keep hearing people say the EBC is so much better, but I want to see how many playoff wins they get. Louisville always made the play offs a lot and went 1 and done quite a few times, which means we weren't as good as we thought we were that years.

On average, Louisville was about 25-30% larger than Carrollton's enrollment. The Leps normally dressed 65-70 on Friday night, while we normally dressed 40-45. That meant proportionately Louisville was getting more kids out. And I think if you looked closer they were able to get a much higher % of seniors to stick it out. We all know an 18 year old is a man, while a 16 year old is still trying to figure out how to handle a razor. We always had to play sophs out of necessity against your seniors....it generally didn't end well for us. It really doesn't take much of a coach to find the glaring weaknesses that should have been playing Saturday morning instead of Friday night, and then abuse the crap out of them, indicated by the many 60-6 or so scores. Our only answer in the years where we had exceptional athletes was to have at least 8 or 9 players go both ways and special teams(we couldn't afford to give up any points on returns), and we all know that doesn't bode well late in games. The constant winning kept your senior #s much higher than ours, which just put us farther behind the 8 ball. Those #s weren't excuses, they were undeniable facts and Louisville is now dealing with them. Winning breeds winning is the truest statement in all of sports. If you can figure out how to beat all that with just hard work, let me know. One answer is recruiting, but I'm from Carrollton, so that was never an option.

It will start with a schedule that has wins on it, but that will mean some lengthy bus trips. You may not want to here this, but your own arrogance is why you can't find those games locally anymore. All those 60-6 scores took care of that. People have long memories and you are now paying for the sins of the father(or uncle, big brother, or cousin). Then it will take a coaching staff that can get kids to play for their teammates and community, not just for the wins that came way too easy in the past. That is how the rest of us have done it for decades. Good luck,and when you do start to win again it will feel good, really good, because you will then know you earned them the hard way. Learn to appreciate each and every one of them.

On average, Louisville was about 25-30% larger than Carrollton's enrollment. The Leps normally dressed 65-70 on Friday night, while we normally dressed 40-45. That meant proportionately Louisville was getting more kids out. And I think if you looked closer they were able to get a much higher % of seniors to stick it out. We all know an 18 year old is a man, while a 16 year old is still trying to figure out how to handle a razor. We always had to play sophs out of necessity against your seniors....it generally didn't end well for us. It really doesn't take much of a coach to find the glaring weaknesses that should have been playing Saturday morning instead of Friday night, and then abuse the crap out of them, indicated by the many 60-6 or so scores. Our only answer in the years where we had exceptional athletes was to have at least 8 or 9 players go both ways and special teams(we couldn't afford to give up any points on returns), and we all know that doesn't bode well late in games. The constant winning kept your senior #s much higher than ours, which just put us farther behind the 8 ball. Those #s weren't excuses, they were undeniable facts and Louisville is now dealing with them. Winning breeds winning is the truest statement in all of sports. If you can figure out how to beat all that with just hard work, let me know. One answer is recruiting, but I'm from Carrollton, so that was never an option.

It will start with a schedule that has wins on it, but that will mean some lengthy bus trips. You may not want to here this, but your own arrogance is why you can't find those games locally anymore. All those 60-6 scores took care of that. People have long memories and you are now paying for the sins of the father(or uncle, big brother, or cousin). Then it will take a coaching staff that can get kids to play for their teammates and community, not just for the wins that came way too easy in the past. That is how the rest of us have done it for decades. Good luck,and when you do start to win again it will feel good, really good, because you will then know you earned them the hard way. Learn to appreciate each and every one of them.
Great post! Winning breeds winning is so true! In Minerva kids drop like flies in middle school because they go from winning in youth to losing by 8th grade. Most chose to play other fall sports or focus on another sports like basketball or wrestling. At our game Friday I was told that our junior class was very good and had 25-30 kids every year- now the have 6 and only 2 or 3 from their youth teams. Something is severely broken on our system and I would hate to see that happen in Louisville. In Minerva is been happening so long that it may be too late to fix unless a major change is made, Louisville needs to stop it before it’s too late!!

OK, I remember those Louisville teams of the late 90s and 2000's. It wasn't just depth. It was top end talent. They were completely loaded the year they went went to states. Depth isn't the reason they used to dominate. It was having 5-6 studs on offense and defense and Louisville probably won't ever see again. Yes depth helped fill in the other 4-5 spots on O and D. That being said, coaching is a big factor and there is more talent on this team this year then being 0-8.

Unfortunately this isn’t professional or college sports and as such he’d be offered his teaching salary (which he already gets) , HC stipend( I don’t know their contract) which is probably 6-8500k, and maybe a 1k weight room stipend or 2.
Schools can get creative, just saying. But that may require not paying 20 admins to sit on their arses all day?.

Freshman: Louisville 33, Cuyahoga Falls 0

Varsity: Louisville 28, Alliance 27

Video Highlights, Recap, and Game Statistics:

Its not that they have gotten better. Its the fact Louisville Football is not there to trounce on their teams. Most of the EBC schools do not want to play Louisville Football. They will never let Louisville in their league.
After CS leaves the EBC that is going to leave them with a 6 team league. If they wish to expand back to 8 teams who is available that fits? Without a total blowup of the NE8 or MVAC only Howland is available to the east and that is a lot of travel for them with no local ties. To the west only Louisville and CCC are available. The EBC will sit at 6 until the next school finds a new home and leaves or until there is a blowup of local leagues

There were many people along with JA that was tired of seeing square pegs forced in round holes. Coaching 101 says adapt your scheme to your talent, not run the same scheme for 10 years no matter your talent.

There were many people along with JA that was tired of seeing square pegs forced in round holes. Coaching 101 says adapt your scheme to your talent, not run the same scheme for 10 years no matter your talent.
Look around all the schools in Stark County. Rarely does a coach change their coaching philosophy year to year. It happens but not alot. Most successful long tenured coaches run almost the same scheme year in and year out.
No coach is perfect and the grass is always greener on the other side...until you get to the "other side".
I hear from Marlington that there is no way Louisville will be allowed back into the League. It is sad.
I saw the JV and Frosh had poor seasons as well.
Good look fixing this mess.

Most all the teams do not want to play Louisville football team. This is why they formed their league because Louisville was always dominate.
That is an accurate statement as far as the reason they are gone, however, Louisville just beat the 5th or 6th best team in the EBC by 1 point and would be in the bottom 3rd of the league this year. They would have been in the same spot last year, So the dominance would be over and, in my opinion, should still be in the league. It’s a good fit for them/ look for west Branch to dominate the league over the next few years.

Look around all the schools in Stark County. Rarely does a coach change their coaching philosophy year to year. It happens but not alot. Most successful long tenured coaches run almost the same scheme year in and year out.
No coach is perfect and the grass is always greener on the other side...until you get to the "other side".
I hear from Marlington that there is no way Louisville will be allowed back into the League. It is sad.
Great to points! The program does seem to be going in the wrong direction- I seen it happen in Minerva- no way Louisville gets that bad but they are following the path and need to get if fixed before it’s too late.

Take a look at the number of playoff appearances and playoff wins during his tenure.

Why wouldn't teams want Louisville back in the league? Aren't all these schools roughly the same size, enrollment wise?

Alliance-363
Canton South-232
Carrollton-225
Louisville_340
Marlington-266
Minerva-239
Salem-243
West Branch-251

Alliance-363
Canton South-232
Carrollton-225
Louisville_340
Marlington-266
Minerva-239
Salem-243
West Branch-251
Look how that NBC compares to the NE8
Niles 310
Hubbard 256
Poland 240
Lakeview 231
Struthers 218
Girard 227
Jefferson 188
SR 156
That is 100 kids different from Hubbard the 2nd largest to the smallest
NBC - is 108 kids different from Louisville 2nd largest to the smallest
Niles and Alliance are very similar based on the overall economics of the community. That is why they are invited in the conference while Howland(330), Canfield (321) and Louisville(340) are left out.
Overall average of school size, the NBC have the larger school sizes but the 3 bigger schools left out listed above would get better competition in the NE8. West Branch will likely go 10-0 this year but the NE8 team that finished 3rd (Poland) would be favored in the playoff matchup if they meet.
You take Niles, Lakeview and Jefferson and they would be competitive in the EBC. You replace them with Louisville, Canfield and Howland and the NE8 league would still be competitive from top to bottom.

That is an accurate statement as far as the reason they are gone, however, Louisville just beat the 5th or 6th best team in the EBC by 1 point and would be in the bottom 3rd of the league this year. They would have been in the same spot last year, So the dominance would be over and, in my opinion, should still be in the league. It’s a good fit for them/ look for west Branch to dominate the league over the next few years.
WB won’t win more than 1 playoff game. None of the ebc schools will be prepared because their schedules are soft

School Board members are elected are they not? What are you people doing about these issues?

Alliance-363
Canton South-232
Carrollton-225
Louisville_340
Marlington-266
Minerva-239
Salem-243
West Branch-251
Enrollment size has very little to do with success on the field or court. It's an excuse often used by people.

Certainly, enrollment can be a small advantage but there are so many other things that are way more important than the number of boys you have in your school. Just go around and look at the leagues and the standing and you'll see how weak the correlation is between enrollment and record.