Division 3 region 10

Jguth83

I haven’t seen a thread about this region. Who are the top teams and who is going to make the playoffs?

Just my thoughts on team strength right now. Not based off Harbins.

1. West Holmes
2. Mansfield
3. Tiffin Columbian
4. Sandusky
5. Padua
6. Buckeye
7. Rocky River
8. Holy Name
9. Norwalk
10. Norton
11. Bay
12. Copley
13. Lexington
14. Ashland
15. Caledonia River Valley
16. Cloverleaf
17. Revere
18. Cleveland CC
19. Defiance
20. Sylvania Southview
21. Bowling Green
22. Madison Comp
23. Toledo Rogers
24. Cleveland JFK
25. Collinwood
26. Maumee
27. Toledo Woodward
28. Cleveland East Technical
29. Lincoln West

My thoughts on the strength of the teams after 4 weeks. Not based on Harbins.

1. Columbian +2
2. West Holmes -1
3. Mansfield -1
4. Padua +1
5. Sandusky -1
6. Norton +4
7. Norwalk +2
8. Buckeye -2
9. Rocky River -2
10. Lexington +3
11. Holy Name -3
12. Bay -1
13. Copley -1
14. Revere +3
15. Ashland -1
16. River Valley -1
17. Cloverleaf -1
18. Cleveland CC
19. Sylvania Southview +1
20. Defiance -1
21. Bowling Green
22. Madison Comp
23. Toledo Rogers
24. Collinwood +1
25. Maumee +1
26. Cleveland JFK -2
27. Toledo Woodward
28. East Tech
29. Lincoln West

My thoughts on strength of the teams after 5 weeks. Not based on Harbin rankings.

1-Tiffin Columbian
2-West Holmes
3-Mansfield
4-Padua
5-Sandusky
6-Buckeye +2
7-Rocky River +2
8-Norwalk -1
9-Norton -3
10-Holy Name +1
11-Bay +1
12-Lexington -2
13-Copley
14-Ashland +1
15-Cloverleaf +2
16-Revere -2
17-Defiance +3
18-Cleveland CC
19-Caledonia River Valley -3
20-Bowling Green +1
21-Sylvania Southview -2
22-Madison Comp
23-Toledo Rogers
24-Collinwood
25-Cleveland JFK +1
26-Maumee -1
27-Toledo Woodward +1
28-East Tech
29-Lincoln West

My thoughts on team strength after 6 weeks. Not based on Harbin rankings.

1-Tiffin Columbian
2-West Holmes
3-Padua +1
4-Mansfield -1
5-Norton +4
6-Rocky River +1
7-Sandusky -2
8-Holy Name +2
9-Buckeye -3
10-Norwalk -2
11-Copley +2
12-Lexington
13-Ashland +1
14-Bay -3
15-Cloverleaf
16-Caledonia River Valley +3
17-Cleveland CC +1
18-Revere -2
19-Defiance -2
20-Bowling Green
21-Sylvania Southview
22-Madison Comp
23-Toledo Rogers
24-Collinwood
25-Maumee +1
26-Cleveland JFK -1
27-Toledo Woodward
28-East Tech
29-Lincoln West

I ran projections for the rest of the season using the Massey ratings, and uhh..... it's not pretty at the bottom.

If all their favorites hold, Collinwood is a 12 and Rogers sneaks in at 16th.

Other teams just below the cut: 3-7 Southview, 2-8 Norwalk, 3-7 Defiance, and 3-7 Bowling Green.

Again, this is just how Massey projected games and it's likely no where close. But odds are at least one and likely multiple terrible teams are getting in.

I've been mostly supportive of 16 in the sense that it doesn't affect my life so who cares. But this region would have REALLY benefitted from 12.

^Sadly, Norwalk will finish 1-9. But, you may not find a better 1-9 in the State, Ha!

I was hopeful the last 4-5 minutes tonight that Defiance would be 4-6 , but it wasn't meant to be.

Solid 2-5 team there too, good D just not consistent enough on offense to compete with the top seeds or pull out games with the 2nd tier. But now 10-7 and 17-13 losses to 4-3 and 5-2 teams....those points would have looked REAL nice.

We'll see what Padua does tomorrow. But I wouldn't count out either them or Holy Name.

16-14 win over NDCL. Went for 2 pt conversions on both TD's as their kicker was unavailable after the game was delayed from Friday to Saturday (college visit out of town).

1. West Holmes - Dismantling of Shelby was impressive. Williams-Dixon is a stud.
2. Mansfield Senior - Smackdown of Wooster was a statement. Their QB is playing well.

Norton
Padua
Holy Name
All else.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the strength of the teams after 8 weeks. Not based on Harbin ratings.

1-West Holmes +1
2-Padua +1
3-Tiffin Columbian -2
4-Mansfield
5-Norton
6-Rocky River
7-Sandusky
8-Holy Name
9-Buckeye
10-Norwalk
11-Ashland +2
12-Copley -1
13-Lexington-1
14-Bay
15-Revere +3
16-Cloverleaf -1
17-Defiance +2
18-River Valley -2
19-Cleveland CC -2
20-Sylvania Southview +1
21-Bowling Green -1
22-Madison Comp
23-Toledo Rogers
24-Cleveland JFK +2
25-Maumee
26-Collinwood -2
27-Toledo Woodward
28-East Tech
29-Lincoln West

1. West Holmes - Dismantling of Shelby was impressive. Williams-Dixon is a stud.
2. Mansfield Senior - Smackdown of Wooster was a statement. Their QB is playing well.
1. Hard to say a ranked team is getting taken lightly, but to me that’s just because of where they’re located & their lack of historical success. Take the names away and just lay out the manner they’ve won this year (pass more, then run more, then play possession ball & go nuts on D) it’s hard to find a serious weakness. Even better for Knight fans, they’ve had some TOUGH games so they don’t go into playoffs just blowing teams out.
2. Completely agree. Senior always has ballers, they just need someone to control the action on the field. They are really putting it all together at just the right time now.

1. Hard to say a ranked team is getting taken lightly, but to me that’s just because of where they’re located & their lack of historical success. Take the names away and just lay out the manner they’ve won this year (pass more, then run more, then play possession ball & go nuts on D) it’s hard to find a serious weakness. Even better for Knight fans, they’ve had some TOUGH games so they don’t go into playoffs just blowing teams out.
2. Completely agree. Senior always has ballers, they just need someone to control the action on the field. They are really putting it all together at just the right time now.
Love to see a West Holmes v Chardon state semi. Chardon looks incredible. The way they pasted Kenston and New Philly was damn impressive.

Love to see a West Holmes v Chardon state semi. Chardon looks incredible. The way they pasted Kenston and New Philly was damn impressive.
No kidding. They've given up over 20 in ONE game this year. And that just happened to be Ursuline's 2nd lowest point total of the year.

Would have to give edge to Chardon, but whoever comes out of R10 is going to have earned their stripes.

I think WH is the top of this region. Mansfield Senior might be the second. After that I think it’s a toss up. Padua seems solid and so does rocky river. Norton seems like they have had a nice season but have not played great competition. Columbia’s was having a nice season but have fell off of late. I believe Senior and WH play in the regional Semi and who whoever wins that goes to state

All due respect, But Norton will likely finish a 9-0 season having beaten likely 7 playoff teams. Buckeye will have beaten 6 playoff teams if they can get by Rocky River. RR will have beaten 5 playoff teams if they beat Buckeye. WH will have 4 of 10 maybe 5 if Watterson backs in, Mansfield 3 of 8 wins against playoff teams. I know the playoffs are watered down but I wouldn't say they have not played great competition.