Division 3 region 10

All due respect, But Norton will likely finish a 9-0 season having beaten likely 7 playoff teams. Buckeye will have beaten 6 playoff teams if they can get by Rocky River. RR will have beaten 5 playoff teams if they beat Buckeye. WH will have 4 of 10 maybe 5 if Watterson backs in, Mansfield 3 of 8 wins against playoff teams. I know the playoffs are watered down but I wouldn't say they have not played great competition.
I have watched a few teams in this region and Senior, WH, Norton, and buckeye are some of them. WH and Senior have the most talent on both sides of the ball. WH has the best player in SWD.

All due respect, But Norton will likely finish a 9-0 season having beaten likely 7 playoff teams. Buckeye will have beaten 6 playoff teams if they can get by Rocky River. RR will have beaten 5 playoff teams if they beat Buckeye. WH will have 4 of 10 maybe 5 if Watterson backs in, Mansfield 3 of 8 wins against playoff teams. I know the playoffs are watered down but I wouldn't say they have not played great competition.
Just saw this & couldn’t believe your numbers so I looked it up. Momentary lapse forgetting about seeds 9-16 now being “playoff teams.”

As of now Norton has beat 5 teams in top 16 of their region: 2-D3, 2-D4, 1-D5. West Holmes has beat 4: 2-D3, 2-D4. If you just go with top 8 seed wins both teams have 1 and WH win over Sr is MUCH bigger than anything on Norton, Buckeye, or RRs schedule. (This is where I would joke about D2 Lakewood being one of the pelts on the wall for Buckeye & RR just like they are for D7 Lucas)

Bottom line, Norton should end up 1 seed, but everyone is going to be watching to see what West Holmes does. They have SWD and you don’t. Only team that they are concerned about is Senior because it’s so hard to beat the same team twice in one year.

It's 6 right now NW, Crestwood, Ravenna, Woodridge, Streetsboro, and Cloverleaf. Kenmore/Garfield needs to win and get help.
Yep, I missed one. Full disclosure only ONE of these teams would have actually made the playoffs pre 2020. Current seeds of Norton's playoff teams - 13, 7, 12, 9, 9, 11. And that one team that will get a home game . . . that would be a D5 school.

Bottom line - none of the teams in D3R10 have much to brag about. Norton has the most wins over teams with a winning record and that's why their the 1 seed. No one else in top 6 (stopped looking there) has more than 2 wins against teams with a winning record. The winner of Buckeye-RR will have the equivalent of WH win over Senior. Those will be the 2 best regular season wins in this region.

Frankly, if anyone in the region wants to brag about their schedule, it should be Columbian. They've played 7 playoff teams this year & 6 of those are top 8 seeds. If anything, WH is hoping they move up so they don't have to host them in week 12.

River Valley vs. Lexington. Anyone with thoughts on this match up. Looking to take in a random game Friday and I have never been to Lexington HS and a friend of mine raves about the Happy Grape. Seems like a win win. What about the game?

Yep, I missed one. Full disclosure only ONE of these teams would have actually made the playoffs pre 2020. Current seeds of Norton's playoff teams - 13, 7, 12, 9, 9, 11. And that one team that will get a home game . . . that would be a D5 school.

Bottom line - none of the teams in D3R10 have much to brag about. Norton has the most wins over teams with a winning record and that's why their the 1 seed. No one else in top 6 (stopped looking there) has more than 2 wins against teams with a winning record. The winner of Buckeye-RR will have the equivalent of WH win over Senior. Those will be the 2 best regular season wins in this region.

Frankly, if anyone in the region wants to brag about their schedule, it should be Columbian. They've played 7 playoff teams this year & 6 of those are top 8 seeds. If anything, WH is hoping they move up so they don't have to host them in week 12.
Holy Name is looking at 8 of its 9 opponents having winning records. The team has been an overall mess, but despite that could easily be 5-3. If they can actually put it together, talent wise I'd guess they stack up with anybody in this region.

River Valley vs. Lexington. Anyone with thoughts on this match up. Looking to take in a random game Friday and I have never been to Lexington HS and a friend of mine raves about the Happy Grape. Seems like a win win. What about the game?
River valley at 5-4 and Lexington at 3-6.

If it is anything like the last time they played, It could be a rout. In 2019 River valley came in at 6-3 and 3-6 Lexington won in a 28-0 game.

Here are my thoughts on the strength of the teams after week 9. Not based on Harbin ratings. Some teams on my list will be below 16 in the seeding but does that really mean #20 can't beat # 16? I have my own agenda and SOS has a lot to do with it plus meeting 2 over .500 teams back to back. Won't mean anything come week 11.

1-West Holmes
2-Tiffin Columbian +1
3-Padua -1
4-Mansfield
5-Norton
6-Rocky River
7-Buckeye +2
8-Holy Name
9-Sandusky -2
10-Norwalk
11-Ashland
12-Lexington +1
13-Copley -1
14-Revere +1
15-Cloverleaf +1
16-Bay -2
17-Defiance
18-Caledonia River Valley -1
19-Cleveland CC
20-Sylvania Southview +2
21-Bowling Green
22-Toledo Rogers +1
23-Madison Comp -1
24-Cleveland JFK
25-Maumee
26-East Tech +1
27-Collinwood -1
28-Toledo Woodward
Lincoln West

Sounds like WH softball about 10 years ago. They were ranked and a lot of got in trouble for smoking weed at a tournament away from home

The vision of the Amish (yes, I realize the vast majority don't go to high school period, and certainly not public school) smoking pot is fun.

Here are my thoughts on the strength of the teams after week 9. Not based on Harbin ratings. Some teams on my list will be below 16 in the seeding but does that really mean #20 can't beat # 16? I have my own agenda and SOS has a lot to do with it plus meeting 2 over .500 teams back to back. Won't mean anything come week 11.

1-West Holmes
2-Tiffin Columbian +1
3-Padua -1
4-Mansfield
5-Norton
6-Rocky River
7-Buckeye +2
8-Holy Name
9-Sandusky -2
10-Norwalk
11-Ashland
12-Lexington +1
13-Copley -1
14-Revere +1
15-Cloverleaf +1
16-Bay -2
17-Defiance
18-Caledonia River Valley -1
19-Cleveland CC
20-Sylvania Southview +2
21-Bowling Green
22-Toledo Rogers +1
23-Madison Comp -1
24-Cleveland JFK
25-Maumee
26-East Tech +1
27-Collinwood -1
28-Toledo Woodward
Lincoln West
Is Tiffin really your #2 team even knowing they do not have 7-8 starters playing anymore?

You do know you’re talking about the wrong side of the county right? Like 95% of the Amish are in the eastern part. Hence East Holmes and west Holmes.
Thought the same thing. For those not familiar this might help understand the geography:
Hiland (East Holmes, no football) = Mennonite/Amish.
West Holmes (Millersburg) = Lynyrd Skynyrd/Metallica with some hymns on Sunday.

Probably but they won’t stay there if other teams win who they just jumped

True - looking at Joe's projected numbers, it looks like probably #5 for them, given that Buckeye and Rocky River play each other, so the loser probably ends up at #6, the winner at #4.

Looks like the field is set. The 1-16 game between Norton and Copley looks like it may be one of the better 1-16 matchups in the state.

Neighboring schools so Copley just has to go a couple miles down the road. Plus, the 3-7 record doesn't look good but they play in the very tough Suburban National and nearly just knocked off Tallmadge 2 weeks ago (Tallmadge then looks to have given Barberton all they could handle tonight).

Norton definitely didn't get a great draw for being the No. 1. Holy Name, who I think will get past Bay, will be a tough out. The 4-5 record could easily be 6-3 (lost to Valley Forge and Buckeye both on the last play of the game and had late leads in both games). That is with playing an overall rugged schedule.

Then looks like Mansfield will be the semifinal draw if they can get there. Norton will definitely have earned it if they are able to come out.

As for great draws, looks like Rocky River has one. Should destroy Rogers and then should have a rematch against Buckeye who they beat tonight in the GLC title game. They look to be a shoe-in to make at least the semifinals.

What upsets will happen this week? There will probably be 1 or 2. I think Norton might get upset. Copley is a pretty good team. They are just in a really hard conference

Went to see Lexington play last night to take on the River Valleyians and you can paint me impressed. Don't be shocked if they beat give Mansfield some payback. Good looking football team.

What upsets will happen this week? There will probably be 1 or 2. I think Norton might get upset. Copley is a pretty good team. They are just in a really hard conference
This is a VERY possible outcome. Norton's best win is over a 7 seed in D5. Copley just go mollywhopped by Highland so Norton's not exactly going to appear extremely intimidating to them next weekend.

After looking at everybody’s schedules I think it is going to be a WH and Mansfield Senior regional final. I think Norton isn’t that good. I have seen them play. Tiffin Columbia’s lost a bunch of players and they won’t beat WH now

After looking at everybody’s schedules I think it is going to be a WH and Mansfield Senior regional final. I think Norton isn’t that good. I have seen them play. Tiffin Columbia’s lost a bunch of players and they won’t beat WH now
I wouldn't count Rocky River out. They run the ball very well. Not sure about passing though

Went to see Lexington play last night to take on the River Valleyians and you can paint me impressed. Don't be shocked if they beat give Mansfield some payback. Good looking football team.
Rival game between Mansfield and Lexington that could go either way. I also saw the River Valley game and was surprised at how soft they were.