Northwest Ohio Realignment

I wouldn't imagine Vermilion would be too happy about having to play the big boys either when they can't even compete in the Bay.

I mean, isn't this the league who constantly refuses to consider Ross because they're too big?

I fail to see how the Lake refusing to be with Ross is any different than Huron not wanting to be with the Lake or Margaretta with the Bay. But what do I know?

I know that somewhere on this 111 pages of posts this may have been discussed, but a conference with Vermillion, Port Clinton, Edison, Huron, Willard, Margaretta, Lakota, and one other would be a pretty even league in football from recent histories. Girls and boys basketball would be pretty competitive, as would track and cross country. Truthfully the only sport that would be dominated right now by one school would be wrestling by Edison, and they will do that with every school in the SBC right now.

I know that somewhere on this 111 pages of posts this may have been discussed, but a conference with Vermillion, Port Clinton, Edison, Huron, Willard, Margaretta, Lakota, and one other would be a pretty even league in football from recent histories. Girls and boys basketball would be pretty competitive, as would track and cross country. Truthfully the only sport that would be dominated right now by one school would be wrestling by Edison, and they will do that with every school in the SBC right now.
Margaretta can't even compete in the creek division, you think they would agree to playing PC and Huron. But I total agree with this idea

Margaretta can't even compete in the creek division, you think they would agree to playing PC and Huron. But I total agree with this idea
I know that this is a football forum and we tend to focus only on that sport, but in recent history Margaretta has been better than average in basketball. I know they had a big kid that could dominate, but even with out him they competed pretty well.

You can't have that though. Lakota and Gibsonburg left the SLL to get away from Genoa/Eastwood, why would they welcome that back with Edison & Huron? Part of the resurgence that Lakota & Gibsonburg have had is because numbers and interest have returned once they left that league, and I expect similar things for Woodmore as well.

Expected 10 teams but 5 & 5 with 2 crossover games is a solid compromise I think.

It’s hard to lose two quality schools in Oak Harbor and Shelby and end up with Woodmore in return. I think instead of being proactive the league was reactive, and not very good at being that.
Bingo! The minute Woodmore and Elmwood were hitting the road in the NBC, they should have been blowing up Genoa's phones to get them on board.

It’s hard to lose two quality schools in Oak Harbor and Shelby and end up with Woodmore in return. I think instead of being proactive the league was reactive, and not very good at being that.
This is the one thing that bugs me so much. 8 or 10 is absolutely perfect and leads to good stability more than anything else. It's just like companies switching to 4 10's or another weird shift schedule, it just leads to instability when you have multiple divisions with odd alignments outside of 8 teams.

Everyone is out here trying to reinvent the wheel, and while some change is always good, the goal needs to be on a consistent basis 8 or 10 teams

Free e
Bingo! The minute Woodmore and Elmwood were hitting the road in the NBC, they should have been blowing up Genoa's phones to get them on board.
They actually should have blowing other team's phones up well before that. Them allowing Woodmore in the SBC opened the door for Oak Harbor. The NBC had to sitting there like "really? You did that for us?" It's not like the NBC hadn't been pursuing OH previously.

These involved school's leadership didn't do a great job at this conference addition/subtraction when they were the SBC, NOL, MAL, Sandusky River, etc. It's the reason they are what they are today.

This is the one thing that bugs me so much. 8 or 10 is absolutely perfect and leads to good stability more than anything else. It's just like companies switching to 4 10's or another weird shift schedule, it just leads to instability when you have multiple divisions with odd alignments outside of 8 teams.

Everyone is out here trying to reinvent the wheel, and while some change is always good, the goal needs to be on a consistent basis 8 or 10 teams
When the SBC formed this 3 tier league, the assumption was that cross division play in football would be a norm, when in reality none of the river teams want anything to do with the Bay division in football and some of the pay teams really don't want to play lake teams. Willard is begging to get back into the river even though #'s wise they are right where they should be. End result the lake division ended up having to look to all over the state with only 4 guaranteed games. If there was ever a team that needed to join the SBC bay for all reasons except travel, Liberty Benton is that team.

Why would the Comets have ever left though? That new NBC is as damn perfect as a league can get in my opinion. 8 teams, decent travel times, and solid athletic programs outside of Fostoria. I expect Maumee to see improvement numbers wise in sports once they get out of the NLL

Patrick Henry to the NWC would make much more sense than the BVC in logistics, sports, and facilities

With Leipsic now to the NWC, they've got Leipsic under 15 minutes down the road, Grove an easy 30 minute drive, and Bluffton, within 40 minutes with Ada and Allen East not much farther than that. Crestview, Delphos, and Spencerville are all around an hour which isn't ideal but much better than the BVC where their closest opponent would be McComb or North Baltimore at 30 minutes plus half of your other schools on the wrong side of Findlay.
The NWC makes more sense for most small schools moving than the BVC. The BVC is in trouble folks. You have one huge / very successful school in LB, Van Buren is close in numbers only, McComb and Arlington are annually good programs. After that it's a dumpster fire. Cory Rawson, Arcadia, North Baltimore, Riverdale, Vanlue could join forces and struggle to put together a competitive team. Many of these schools barely have enough for a varsity program let alone a JV team. It's really sad of the demise of football at alot of these schools.

Why would the Comets have ever left though? That new NBC is as damn perfect as a league can get in my opinion. 8 teams, decent travel times, and solid athletic programs outside of Fostoria. I expect Maumee to see improvement numbers wise in sports once they get out of the NLL
I was implying my belief that if the SBC was more proactive they could have kept Oak Harbor. Adding Genoa would have given the league more stability in 2nd division, and the NBC without Oak Harbor would be less attractive than the SBC. May have not been the case, but sitting on hands while two schools leave being replaced by Woodmore, it definitely would have been worth the shot.

Im not as sold on Maumee as most are. I dont think they will be nearly as successful as Rossford has been in their move to NBC. Outside of 2015, have the Bulldogs contended for a league title? I dont think they will have the transfer ins like Rossford has benefited from on the hoops side, and outside of baseball, I dont see a sport where Maumee just by coming to league has a top half of the league type program.

I truly believe the NBC made the best moves of any conference, but in terms of equaling out the leagues, I think the NBC should disband. Oak Harbor, Genoa, Fostoria to SBC, Eastwood, Rossford, Maumee to NLL with Lake and Otsego, as well as Northwood and Ottawa Hills to a two tiered NWOAL.

The NWC makes more sense for most small schools moving than the BVC. The BVC is in trouble folks. You have one huge / very successful school in LB, Van Buren is close in numbers only, McComb and Arlington are annually good programs. After that it's a dumpster fire. Cory Rawson, Arcadia, North Baltimore, Riverdale, Vanlue could join forces and struggle to put together a competitive team. Many of these schools barely have enough for a varsity program let alone a JV team. It's really sad of the demise of football at alot of these schools.
Perhaps not that much trouble. CR is leaving totally, and NB is dropping out of the football portion of the league. Yes, Arcadia is not great, and Vanlue is terrible (but really how more years can they play?)
Soon it will be:
LB and Elmwood D5
Riverdale and VB D6
McComb, Arlington, PG, Arcadia, Vanlue D7
Definitely some dead weight at the bottom, but really where would those school play and actually be competitive?

Perhaps not that much trouble. CR is leaving totally, and NB is dropping out of the football portion of the league. Yes, Arcadia is not great, and Vanlue is terrible (but really how more years can they play?)
Soon it will be:
LB and Elmwood D5
Riverdale and VB D6
Definitely some dead weight at the bottom, but really where would those school play and actually be competitive?
Based on that they are at 9 football schools I believe they either expect Vanlue to drop football or going to tell them that they are no longer a football playing member of the BVC.

Would have to assume that is the plan, also I imagine that was the conversation with North Baltimore. They took the hint and will play independent football, let’s see if Vanlue does the same.

Soon it will be:
LB and Elmwood D5
Riverdale and VB D6

I don't have much insight on which schools might be leaning toward 8-man, but with a league already started in NW Ohio and the majority of those smaller schools with numbers issues also in NW Ohio, it could possibly be taking off before our eyes. I know some don't consider it "real" football but I'd rather see schools feel good about playing 8-man instead of struggling with traditional 11-man.

With Vanlue obviously being on hard times and barely hanging on, how do they expect to even have a school in the future when someone stated about 15 pages ago that they basically had 0 kids for the kindergarten sign ups.

With Vanlue obviously being on hard times and barely hanging on, how do they expect to even have a school in the future when someone stated about 15 pages ago that they basically had 0 kids for the kindergarten sign ups.
They're trying to get Laura Ingalls Wilder to lead them.

They're trying to get Laura Ingalls Wilder to lead them.
How long till the parents get on Facebook and tell the kids they better have a basketball team cause they need something to do on Friday and Saturday nights or they won’t have a school anymore if they don’t. Lol

Soon it will be:
LB and Elmwood D5
Riverdale and VB D6
That league is on a fast track to disaster if you think adding Elmwood is going to keep it alive. We all know the sad states of Vanlue, Cory Rawson, and North Baltimore - all 3 of those teams will be done playing BVC football in 2 years whether it's by their choice or not. Arcadia and Riverdale both do not have a single win, let alone a competitive game against any team this year except for those 3 schools, so what makes people think they both won't bolt when those 3 are gone? Stuck in the middle of all of the crap are McComb, Arlington, PG, and Van Buren. The league is a train wreck

The bottom of the league is bad because they are some of the smallest schools playing football, outside of dropping football or closing the school they will always be “bad”. In the end the top of the league is competitive at a state level and really where else would any one go?
If the league dissolves most of these school would end up in the same “new” league, so what would be the point of leaving.