Central Catholic league 2021

Hartley playing Centennial... time is a flat circle. Remember watching BH play them in 08, absolutely murdered them. I also remember watching New Lex that year beating Hartley at the 'Jack.

That last sentence will never happen again in our lifetime. :(

Hartley really played Centennial ??

Wow
Coach Burchfield is well respected around town by a lot of coaches, and one of the assistant coaches is a former head coach at Northland. I can't recall any bad blood between the schools in any sports. They're both in Region 11. It's a good preview for the early rounds of the playoffs probably.

Coach Burchfield is well respected around town by a lot of coaches, and one of the assistant coaches is a former head coach at Northland. I can't recall any bad blood between the schools in any sports. They're both in Region 11. It's a good preview for the early rounds of the playoffs probably.
And better than a bye or playing Bishop Sycamore

I have always said that I am on the side of playing games vs bye weeks if at all possible. Good to see Hartley play the game and even better to see them win.

A good week for the CCL as a whole when it comes to what happened on the field.

Good for Centennial stepping up to play Bishop Hartley. Centennial is one of the worst city league teams, so for them to play Bishop Hartley and Bishop Watterson in the same year that's impressive.

How did Watterson end up with the local-heavy schedule?

Would be best to see them play Thomas Worthington in addition to Centennial and Whetstone. A ‘backyard brawl, of sorts.

Good for Centennial stepping up to play Bishop Hartley. Centennial is one of the worst city league teams, so for them to play Bishop Hartley and Bishop Watterson in the same year that's impressive.
I respect the Centennial young men on the team and their coaches for agreeing to play two perennial powers in one year. Congratulations to the Stars for their stamina and strength to face heavily favoured teams.

How did Watterson end up with the local-heavy schedule?

Would be best to see them play Thomas Worthington in addition to Centennial and Whetstone. A ‘backyard brawl, of sorts.

They play Centennial week Nine and had Whetstone on schedule for week one, but covid cancelled that one.

I'm still on board for an OCC vs CCL showdown and why not City League vs CCL.

Games where teams aren't driving for a couple hours are always beneficial

Give me DeSales and Hartley in the picks for the CCL matchups tonight, hopefully the weather holds out. Should be a great night of football.

St Charles is currently in 16th place for R7. No game this week, been open for a long time. They’re not going to a schedule a game? Precarious playoff situation into week 10.

St Charles is currently in 16th place for R7. No game this week, been open for a long time. They’re not going to a schedule a game? Precarious playoff situation into week 10.
I was wondering that myself. It doesn't help Watterson, DeSales or Hartley as far as Harbin points for them not to schedule a game. A possible winnable one at that. Just says we aren't all in on Football so $crew the rest of them. Thought about that a few weeks ago and wouldn't blame the other CCL Schools from dropping them off their Schedules. Ready and Hartley for years played a one game series for the Championship .

None of CCL are D1? Sorry, follow Cincy more closely.
Nope!

If my math is correct, without a pickup this week SC is eliminated from playoff contention if Kilbourne beats Westerville North on Friday. Unless SC beats DeSales…

Shown work:

St. Charles
10.5/9 = 1.16 — L1

45.5/87 = .52298 ~~~> .52298(10) = 5.229 — L2

5.229 + 1.16 = 6.3956 — SC final average

//

Kilbourne
25/10 = 2.5 — L1
22.5 + 17.5 (beating WN)

40/95 = .421

.421(10)

4.21 + 2.5 = 6.7 final avg

25/10 = 2.5

I was wondering that myself. It doesn't help Watterson, DeSales or Hartley as far as Harbin points for them not to schedule a game. A possible winnable one at that. Just says we aren't all in on Football so $crew the rest of them. Thought about that a few weeks ago and wouldn't blame the other CCL Schools from dropping them off their Schedules. Ready and Hartley for years played a one game series for the Championship .
They won’t drop SC.

Throwing the Broad St Bullies Borromeans overboard would hurt SC and the ‘Big 3’ equally. SC would become isolated, it’d render them as having an inferior football program to Cooke/Karl/Zettler. Not that the perception doesn’t exist already… it would just confirm the things everyone is thinking but is too polite to say publicly. With BW/SFD/BH, all three programs have made the concerted point for years now that their success is a product of ”Catholic League football.” Subtracting SC out of the scheduling reduces that point of pride from four teams to three.

Last edited: